PDA

View Full Version : 360 Issues I need help with

foofighter15
02-10-2008, 04:42 PM
1) I can't stay connected to live. I log on, 7 minutes later I get disconnected. I've tried port forwarding and that did nothing. Ideas?

2) NHL 08. At the end of a game, I go to leave match. When yes and no pop up I can't go up or down or back so to do anything I have to restart the system.

I am so frustrated. I'm ready to call xbox and demand a refund and get rid of this stupid ***** system. However, I would really prefer to not do that.

Edit: Reading the thread title I just realized I opened myself up for some pretty easy shots....*shakes head at self*

Dan02
02-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Edit: Reading the thread title I just realized I opened myself up for some pretty easy shots....*shakes head at self*

hah yeah, that is a good one, and if it wasn't in the tech forum i would have opened it expecting one long list.

psicodude
02-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Check the log on your router and see if your internet connection is actually bouncing. If you are getting a lot of DHCP requests from the xbox, maybe you have a bad cable or a bad NIC in the 360 itself. Hard to troubleshoot though.

The game ending issue is probably a result of your connection issue. I know a lot of people have had luck with wiping the patch cache from the 360. I can't remember how to do it, but it is easy to find on google. My understanding is that sometimes an update gets screwed up and ends up messing with the game. My brother did this and it worked perfectly.

Good luck.

EDIT: You may have to turn logging on for a bit.

foofighter15
02-10-2008, 08:23 PM
how do you turn on logging?

burn_this_city
02-10-2008, 09:07 PM
What about the other 358??

If your using a router.. try resetting it..

McG
02-10-2008, 09:23 PM
i would definitely check all of your connections...it seems a simple thing but it can happen. also, try a different plug on your router.

i would also reset both your router and your modem. what works for this is to remove the power from both of them, and then plug in the modem first. then plug in your router. this should request a new IP address unless you are on a static IP address provider...not that this will make any difference to your problem.

i would also look at the shaw and telus pages to see what they recommend on their troubleshooting pages.

GoinAllTheWay
02-10-2008, 10:23 PM
http://forums.xbox.com/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=4

useful stuff in these forums

MarchHare
02-10-2008, 10:45 PM
By any chance is your router a Linksys WRT54G? If so, there's apparently an issue with older versions of the firmware not behaving well with Live. Updating to a newer version might solve your problem. Also make sure UPnP is enabled on your router. If it's disabled, it can cause connection issues with Xbox Live.

Locke
02-11-2008, 02:16 AM
**cracks knuckles**

I've got 358 reasons to come up with, there be work to do!!:D

Have you tried ye old power button?;)

HalifaxDrunk
02-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Only 360 issues I figured there were more, I know Locke has at least 487.

psicodude
02-11-2008, 01:17 PM
how do you turn on logging?

Well, it really depends on your brand of router. Your best bet is to just poke around the menu until you see something about logging. It is usually in the advanced or status menu's.

Prototype
02-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I've had issues with NHL08... and NHL08 only, as far as your freezing goes. I blame the game more than I blame the system.