PDA

View Full Version : crysis

jschick88
01-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Has anyone played this game on pc? Compared to other multiplayer and first person games, how does it compare? Alot of rumours suggest that it will be coming to playstation 3 and xbox 360, anyone else hearing anything concrete to actual truth of availability to these systems?

photon
01-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Haven't heard anything about it coming to the consoles, it might be a while before it does.. the game crushes even the most modern machines with multiple video cards (though on a console it will be at a lower resolution).

As far as the game itself, I found it a lot like Far Cry, very impressive graphics, some interesting game play, but overall I found the game boring.

worth
01-29-2008, 09:49 AM
It didn't really have any replay value for me. Played the game, finished it and said "meh" and that was it.

It's a really beautiful game, but beat the crap out of my system.

8800 Ultra
Intel Quad Core
2GB ram.

Cliche
01-29-2008, 10:56 AM
NSFW. Also, probably PG-13 due to some references, and LANGUAGE.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2808-Zero-Punctuation-Crysis

Estimate 6 hours of gameplay to run through the entire thing.

For play time length, it's a 30$ game, and one I should have not bought sight unseen, although the 1+~gb demo is a good representative of how much it will make your system crawl. Rogue Trooper was more entertaining.

Flaming Choy
01-29-2008, 10:57 AM
the cryengine2 is supposed to be demoed at GDC or something like that. Not confirmed which game they'll use to demo, but good chance it's crysis (since it sold so poorly on PC)

Bobblehead
01-29-2008, 10:58 AM
I think it has beat the crap out of every system out there.

Then again, so did Far Cry when it came out. The last high end video card I bought (X800 Pro, which I still use) the first game I bought after was Far Cry.

Hack&Lube
01-29-2008, 01:35 PM
The developer has stated that it's not coming to console and they have no plans for it. The engine simply wouldn't be feasible on a console without major tweaks and dumbing down.

It has sold poorly because nobody thinks they can play it and it's a great single player game but no real multiplayer hook.

JayP
01-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Crysis definitely took me longer than 6 hours.

Personally I think it was probably the best FPS released last year. It's a true sandbox FPS with a ton more freedom than Far Cry. The single player has a ton more replay value than scripted games like COD4.

The latest rumors were that there's a PS3 version planned, but no 360 version. I wouldn't count on it coming out. If it did it would be ridiculously dumbed down. Plus, the PC version is almost always better.

LockedOut
02-01-2008, 03:31 AM
the cryengine2 is supposed to be demoed at GDC or something like that. Not confirmed which game they'll use to demo, but good chance it's crysis (since it sold so poorly on PC)
Crysis is doing fine on the PC. It has sold over 1 million copies worldwide so far despite it's steep system requirements. It'll probably continue to do well during it's lifetime like Far Cry and Doom 3 did as people upgrade their PC's down the line.
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/36450/Crysis-Other-EA-Titles-Make-EA-Mega-Bucks