PDA

View Full Version : Unrest In The City Of Brotherly Love?

kermitology
08-06-2004, 11:05 AM
http://www.philly.com/images/logos/site/philly/inquirer/main_header.gif

Rumors swrirling about Peca

August 6th, 2004

The Inquirer has learned that Philadelphia center Micheal Peca has expressed some dissatisfaction regarding his current situation on the team. Inquirer sources say Peca was seen storming out of Flyers GM Daniel Lemmon's office on Wednesday after expressing his concerns over his playing time being cut back with the return of Eric Lindros to the lineup.

When reached for comment Lemmon was quite withdrawn saying that "There are no problems on the team, the players like the direction we're going and so do I. Mike's going to play in the role he's given, if he has a problem with it, he can take it up with me. I don't know where you're hearing this report." However the Inquirer feels that this may simple be a show being put on by Lemmon to save face with the team.

Peca's agent was more telling when the Inquirer contacted him. "Mike is looking to contribute to the team, and the way things seem to be lining up right now, he's not really being given that opportinuity." He later went on to say that "we haven't specifically asked for a trade, but we've expressed our concerns to Dan, we can only hope that he will respect Mikes wishes."

Lemmon is left with an interesting decision however, given that Peca is slotted as the teams third line center, his salary of $6 Million US does put a heavy burden on the team. Lemmon has previously stated that he's looking to cut salary, and filling Peca's desire to play a more important role may be the answer to the teams salary problem.

kipperfan
08-06-2004, 08:12 PM
.g