PDA

View Full Version : Strange thing about new Outlook

MoneyGuy
01-15-2008, 04:02 PM
I have a new computer with the new MS Outlook. When creating an email message, when I use shift/? to put in a question mark, I don't get a question mark but I get a capital E with a little tick over top (like the French accent thing, not sure what it's called). If I hit the "/" key (on the same key as the ? but don't hit the shift key), I get a lower-case e with the same accent over top. Effectively, I can't type a ? or / symbol.

Anyone know why this happens and what can be done about it? It only happens in Outlook.

Otherwise, I like the new Outlook, although some things are hard to find and there are some awkward things about it.

MarchHare
01-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Sounds like Office is configured to think you're using a foreign language keyboard. Check the language bar and make sure your input device is set to English.

flamesfan6
01-15-2008, 04:07 PM
if your using vista, there might be a keyboard thing at the bottom, change the language to english US not canada multilingual.

it happens in any program that has writing in it, just use the keyboard to change
ÉéÉé ??// (simple switch between for me now that i figured it out, should be located on the right next to the time (but before the arrow to show more tasks)

MoneyGuy
01-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Nice work, boys. After some searching I found the language bar and changed it. Thanks.

Barnes
01-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Bienvenue a Vista mon ami.

Happens all the time.

llama64
01-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Short cut to fix this is:

<ctrl>+<shift>

Toggle that a few times till you get the language setting you need.

Edit: As has been mentioned, this is a Vista issue rather then an Outlook issue.