PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band Rules

Pages : [1] 2 3

simmer2
12-18-2007, 10:01 AM
I was in Seattle this last weekend and picked up the Rock Band Bundle for the PS3. The game is addictive. My girlfriend sang while I played the drums and it was a blast. It was quite challenging (but still fair) and pretty addictive.

When it ever comes out in Canada, I would definitely recommend those interested to purchase it.

I-Hate-Hulse
12-18-2007, 10:04 AM
So, assuming your "vocalist" has the acoustic capabilities of a plastic ruler on a chalkboard - how does that affect gameplay or sheer ability to be in the same room as them?

The Goon
12-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Rule #1: When singing the high note just before a guitar solo, your lead foot must be raised on a speaker.

Rule #2: Order in getting first selection of groupies: Lead singer, lead guitarist, drummer, bass guitarist, keyboardist, tambourine player.

Is that the kind of rules we are talking about?

simmer2
12-18-2007, 10:38 AM
So, assuming your "vocalist" has the acoustic capabilities of a plastic ruler on a chalkboard - how does that affect gameplay or sheer ability to be in the same room as them?

Well, if you are the drummer you can easily through your drumsticks at the singer. And the game does a good job of balancing the real singer of the song and your buddy who can't hit a note.

Russic
12-18-2007, 10:57 AM
I was thinking about starting a new thread on this, but has anybody had any luck figuring out when this will hit canada?

Nikki
12-18-2007, 11:00 AM
According to FS, Dec 28/07

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10096822&catid=

JayP
12-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I was thinking about starting a new thread on this, but has anybody had any luck figuring out when this will hit canada?

I heard they were having quite a bit of hardware issues (guitars not working, etc.) and they had to dig into the Canadian supply to settle them.

Pretty low if that is true.

simmer2
12-18-2007, 11:16 AM
I heard they were having quite a bit of hardware issues (guitars not working, etc.) and they had to dig into the Canadian supply to settle them.

Pretty low if that is true.

Right on the box it says that if you have hardware issues, you need to get a hold of EA sports online, and not to take the game back to the store. Apparently the company that made the hardware has a separate warranty from the game manufacturer's. It sounds pretty annoying to me, I'm just hoping I don't have any issues.

Russic
12-18-2007, 01:47 PM
If I lose out on my pre-order for this game because I'm away at christmas I'm going to be choked. Might have to call in a favor and get somebody to pick it up for me.

mykalberta
12-18-2007, 02:43 PM
I would try to scope a 24hour Walmart.

There are enough open in Alberta this Christmas - you are sure to get one between the 20th and 31st - getting ix by the 25th will be damn near impossible.

Barnes
12-18-2007, 04:18 PM
According to FS, Dec 28/07

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10096822&catid=

Just in time for Christmas!!!1!1

If you're Greek Orthodox.

jayswin
12-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Just in time for Christmas!!!1!1

If you're Greek Orthodox.

I have a pre order for eb games, and they said it will be in on December 22nd.

MaxPower
12-19-2007, 08:11 AM
I have a pre order for eb games, and they said it will be in on December 22nd.

Besy Buy has the game itself on the 22nd, the bundle with all peripherals on the 28th.

psicodude
12-19-2007, 08:32 AM
I called the EB Games on 130th, and the guy said that they have over 50 pre-orders for the 360, and are expecting 15 - 20 copies to come in. Typical.

Russic
12-19-2007, 11:12 AM
I've heard the same as Max Power. Games on 22nd . . . bundles on 28th. I'm back on the 29th, so hopefully I can still pick it up. My preorder is for ps3, so I can't imagine stock being a problem (fingers crossed).

Gugstanley
12-19-2007, 01:37 PM
Come on down for a visit. I have been finding them at the Walmarts. Picked mine up a couple of weeks ago. I have only seen them for the PS3 and 360. They had a sign up saying the PS2 version is delayed.

Machi
12-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Come on down for a visit. I have been finding them at the Walmarts. Picked mine up a couple of weeks ago. I have only seen them for the PS3 and 360. They had a sign up saying the PS2 version is delayed.

the bundle or just the game?

Gugstanley
12-20-2007, 11:21 AM
the bundle or just the game?

I picked up the bundle. Have seen others with the bundle when I am shopping. Walmart lets you search the stores online to see which have them in stock.

The band gets together at 3:00Pm on Christmas day.

If you need help finding one let me know.

GreenHardHat
12-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Was anybody able to get the game today? I popped into walmart early this morning and they said that they had not received shipment yet.

zukes
12-20-2007, 01:05 PM
The guitar issue was only in the first release. I got the game from Port Huron and my guitar is pooched, now I have to wait until the game comes out in Canada before they will honour my warranty.

The game is pretty fun and the company's idea is that they will not put a new game every year but rather hope to get on board with a bunch of musicians and just have new content available to buy. So far every week there have been a few songs available. Hopefully they keep that up.

Gugstanley
12-26-2007, 09:53 AM
This game is really fun to play. I wish I could get a second guitar so 4 players can play. Kind of wonder why the bundle didn't come with everything. Downloading the metallica songs right now. When the band gets off work we are playing

MonsieurFish
12-26-2007, 01:43 PM
so..... i want this game for playstation 2. according to futureshop the bundle is coming out january 9th... but it says sold out on the webpage. is there any chance of me getting this game january 9th if i go in early as soon as futureshop opens or are they all pre-ordered?

basically.... how do i get the ps2 bundle asap?

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10096820&catid=11139

MonsieurFish
12-30-2007, 03:08 PM
bump... so does anyone know how to get this bundle for playstation 2? should i just go in early on january 9th or will the preorders have claimed them all?

mykalberta
01-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Has anyone seen any for sale (non preorder) in Calgary?

Russic
01-02-2008, 09:23 AM
I've seen nothing. My preorder for the ps3 version never even arrived. My new years eve was merely cool . . . not nearly as epic as it should have been.

kootenayguy9
01-02-2008, 01:39 PM
I went shopping at the Superstore today and they had about 5 for PS 3 and 5 for XBox 360. I should have asked how much they go for.

Russic
01-02-2008, 02:28 PM
I went shopping at the Superstore today and they had about 5 for PS 3 and 5 for XBox 360. I should have asked how much they go for.

REALLY? Might have to duck out of work a little early today. Thanks for the heads up.

Gravitykillr
01-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Which Superstore?......I called Westhills and they have a few

Russic
01-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Which Superstore?......I called Westhills and they have a few

you called a superstore? I've met employees who didn't even have the numbers to those bloody phones.

Gravitykillr
01-02-2008, 04:15 PM
you called a superstore? I've met employees who didn't even have the numbers to those bloody phones.

I got the phone # to their customer service desk and asked for Electronics........... update on it, they had atleast 3 xbox 360 left and around 4 PS3 left.

Gravitykillr
01-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Gotta love an EA product less than 6 songs into playing the game I get this loud crunching Noise, 6 big scratches unreadable disc error, luckily I phoned Superstore and if they have copies of the game on it's own they'll exchange it for me.

Russic
01-03-2008, 09:28 AM
gotta give credit to kootenayguy9 for this one. Myself and a coworker were actually let out early yesterday. We ripped up to superstore and bought the only 2 ps3 versions they received. Went to the game that night, got home at 10:30 and played till 1:30. Getting up was rough this morning.

simmer2
01-03-2008, 09:31 AM
gotta give credit to kootenayguy9 for this one. Myself and a coworker were actually let out early yesterday. We ripped up to superstore and bought the only 2 ps3 versions they received. Went to the game that night, got home at 10:30 and played till 1:30. Getting up was rough this morning.

So my base pedal broke after 2 weeks of use. For those that have it, you may want to reinforce it with something. It was a clean break just up from the heal and below where the lines for the foot are.

Warranty is pretty easy but I won't get a new pedal for 4 weeks. Just a heads up to not go ape**** on the base pedal.

kootenayguy9
01-03-2008, 09:41 AM

No problem..........anything to help out CPers.

burn_this_city
01-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Got mine home yesterday and aside from the flames game its all I did last night.. It is amazingly fun, we had 4 people playing.. The guitar is substantially better that the GH3 one. The drums get difficult on hard and the vocals are really hard to nail beyond medium.. People were complaining about the quality of the peripherals but for $200 they are pretty good.. Definately a must buy for any GH junky out there..

Russic
01-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Got mine home yesterday and aside from the flames game its all I did last night.. It is amazingly fun, we had 4 people playing.. The guitar is substantially better that the GH3 one. The drums get difficult on hard and the vocals are really hard to nail beyond medium.. People were complaining about the quality of the peripherals but for $200 they are pretty good.. Definately a must buy for any GH junky out there..

you know I was wondering this as well. Personally I much prefer the rock band guitar. It's a little bigger and doesn't have that god-forsaken click when strummed. personal opinion of course.

burn_this_city
01-04-2008, 10:06 AM
you know I was wondering this as well. Personally I much prefer the rock band guitar. It's a little bigger and doesn't have that god-forsaken click when strummed. personal opinion of course.

Exactly why I prefer it over the GH one..

McG
01-04-2008, 10:25 AM
i got my 360 preorder from eb yesterday. the kids and i were playing for quite a while last night before the flames game...its a great game.

what i really like is the ease for young people (ie 7 year olds) to play some of the songs...that wasn't there in gh3 as much as rock band or gh2.

right now...i like the non click of the rock band guitar but i have big hands and i had some trouble with the green on top of the rock band guitar. i just seemed to overgrip it and the raised bar at the top of the guitar was in my way. it will take some work by me!

i like that you can do 3 different careers. that's good value right there!

Russic
01-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Exactly why I prefer it over the GH one..

For me I hated how it clicked when you strummed down, when it sprung back up, when you strummed up and of course when it came back down. For a quick two notes, thats four clicks. Drove me crazy on the parts when you had to strum quickly . . . clicks all over the place.

burn_this_city
01-04-2008, 11:27 AM
For me I hated how it clicked when you strummed down, when it sprung back up, when you strummed up and of course when it came back down. For a quick two notes, thats four clicks. Drove me crazy on the parts when you had to strum quickly . . . clicks all over the place.

I like that plus the fact this new strummer is way more accurate and sensitive.. You barely need to move your thumb once you hit the sweet spot..

Bobblehead
01-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Mad Catz has just been licensed to produce peripherals for Rock Band. This should help relieve some of the backlog.

I_H8_Crawford
01-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Quick question for all the Rock band owners - how easy would it be to pack up the drums and transport them elsewhere?

I'd rather not have to keep the monstrous box; would I be able to put them in a duffel bag or something like that??

Gravitykillr
01-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Quick question for all the Rock band owners - how easy would it be to pack up the drums and transport them elsewhere?

I'd rather not have to keep the monstrous box; would I be able to put them in a duffel bag or something like that??

taken apart I figure it'd fit in a duffel bag, maybe a smaller hockey bag

cSpooge
01-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Mad Catz has just been licensed to produce peripherals for Rock Band. This should help relieve some of the backlog.

yeah if you want a POS peripheral... Mad Catz has never been know for good quality.

jayswin
01-04-2008, 09:36 PM
So should I just ditch my eb games pre-order then? I called three days ago, and the guy said they only got 8 in, and that if I didn't get one of those, it could be months before I see mine. Geez, what's the point of a pre-order, if you can just buy it elsewhere long before?

Anyways, does anyone have any updates of Rockband being availible in Calgary?

McG
01-05-2008, 12:07 AM
So should I just ditch my eb games pre-order then? I called three days ago, and the guy said they only got 8 in, and that if I didn't get one of those, it could be months before I see mine. Geez, what's the point of a pre-order, if you can just buy it elsewhere long before?

i kept my preorder at eb...i was 22 in the line. they got 2 shipments in before i got a call but the guys said that they expect to keep receiving orders.

i did read somewhere (had a quick look for the linky but couldn't find it) that eb would fill all of their preorders...but after that they didn't know when they would get stuff to just sell.

fwiw...i have been looking for this game for weeks (even with my preorder) and i couldn't find it. i would keep your preorder. if you find it elsewhere in the mean time...you could cancel then.

i am a big guitar hero fan...but i think that rock band totally pwns gh3. personal opinion.

Russic
01-05-2008, 11:37 AM

my advice is to keep your preorder but try and find it on your own. cancel your preorder if you're successful.

SarichFan
01-05-2008, 03:42 PM
my advice is to keep your preorder but try and find it on your own. cancel your preorder if you're successful.

Or keep your pre-order but sell it on ebay for a vast sum of money. It's what Jesus would do...

McG
01-06-2008, 03:24 PM
rock band question for those who have downloaded new songs.

when you download a new song, can you play it immediately or does it go into a certain difficulty category?

For example, since I play with my kids our band scores aren't so great. if I download Limelight, can we still play Limelight on Easy or do we have to get to a new venue to play it?

secondly, is that song available for play in solo mode?

Thanks!

Gugstanley
01-06-2008, 03:38 PM
That song goes right into your available songs. So you can play it in solo or when you pick the set list in multiplayer. If it is a mystery set list the game might pick it for you.
Metallica can make your band earn their money on the more difficult levels if you download those songs.

CMPunk
01-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Wooo my brother picked up Rock Band today at EB...too bad he forgot to get a PS3 when he was there:confused:

McG
01-06-2008, 06:58 PM
That song goes right into your available songs. So you can play it in solo or when you pick the set list in multiplayer. If it is a mystery set list the game might pick it for you.
Metallica can make your band earn their money on the more difficult levels if you download those songs.

thank you! on my way to download some 80s rock!

Russic
01-07-2008, 10:11 AM
I've really enjoyed the downloaded songs so far. Now if only I could get our drummer to practice more (this game is so real . . . )

Gugstanley
01-07-2008, 01:39 PM
I would say drums are the weak link in my band. Usually I have to take over when someone tries to play the drums and can't handle it.
The hard part is finding enough people that can play on the advanced levels.

Have they released a January song list that will be available to download?

StrayBullet
01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
These rock songs are great, but I want some fun, current hits!!! Where's "Umbrella"?!?!?!? ...ella, ella, eh, eh.

Russic
01-07-2008, 02:56 PM
today they released "number of the beast" by Iron Maiden (cover), "die, all right!" by the Hives and "interstate love song" by Stone Temple Pilots.

No downloadable albums yet = boo. interstate love song = yay.

edit: 360 today, ps3 on thursday (the only day the psn is updated).

burnin_vernon
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
today they released "number of the beast" by Iron Maiden (cover), "die, all right!" by the Hives and "interstate love song" by Stone Temple Pilots.

No downloadable albums yet = boo. interstate love song = yay.

edit: 360 today, ps3 on thursday (the only day the psn is updated).

Wow...I am spending way too much money on these downloads. I have to have these ones though! Thank god this is the only game i play

jayswin
01-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Damnit! I want my damn Rock band!!!!:mad: Stupid EB games.

browna
01-08-2008, 12:02 AM
I finally caved and got a PS3 tonight, half for the games, half for the upconverting Blu Ray player...then went to another EB games and was looking that the "Rock Band" game amongst others in the "coming soon section".

The dude behind the counter saw me looking, and likely because he didn't want to put the heavy box in the back, said he acually had one left (I assumed they got a shipment just earlier in the evening)...with vague knowledge of what it is (I knew it was similar to Guitar Hero) I got suckered into the upselling guy, and splurged. So here it sits still in a box still sealed wondering if I need the bloody thing.

But reading this thread, it sounds like a fun time...an interactive Wii type game if you will.

driveway
01-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Browna, seriously, Rockband is teh awsome.

mykalberta
01-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Amazon.ca has Rockband on backorder - 169.99 - free shipping.

Gugstanley
01-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Wish you guys could come down to purchase Rockband. I went in to Gamestop the other day and they had to have 50 of them.

Anyway I am off to download the new songs. My band is getting back together this weekend. We have some damn hot groupies!!!

Just

McG
01-08-2008, 07:46 PM
browna. if you are still wondering...go to metacritic.com and have a look at what they are saying about the game.

if you like gh, this game pwns imo. you get 3 careers, i like the music better than gh3, you can make groups...and did i mention the drums.

its a great game.

browna
01-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah, feeling like junk right now, the wife too, and with a combination of a busy week ahead, there it still sits in the box.

I've looked at metacritic..great site to help me wade through the crap and endless pop up ads one gets from googling reviews.

Looking forward to cracking it soon though and getting some people over to play.

Gugstanley
01-09-2008, 11:05 AM
If they ever get the internet version working we can get a cp band together.

SarichFan
01-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Is the stand alone game worth purchasing? I just want to use the Guitar for more songs and play around with that, I don't really have plans for a Rock Band party at all. But I wouldn't mind picking up the Drums seperately in the future and I have no interest in kareoke...

I heard the Guitar tables are easier in Rock Band where Guitar Hero can be pure evil... is that true?

MarchHare
01-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I bought the stand-alone game since I already had two fake plastic guitars. You don't need the special included microphone to do the singing parts either -- the regular Xbox Live headset works just fine.

So really all I'm missing is the drums, since we can do three players with guitar, bass, and vocals. Don't underestimate the singing either -- it's not really my thing, but when you have some friends over, it really adds to the experience if you have someone singing.

I've played all the songs on Expert guitar. Difficulty-wise, I'd say it's similar to Guitar Hero 3 on hard, with the exception of a few of the most challenging songs like Highway Star, Flirtin' With Disaster, and Green Grass and High Tides, which are just as tough as anything in GH short of Through the Fire and Flames. I could only beat those songs in multiplayer with the help of a competent bass player saving me with their star power (Rock Band, unlike GH, allows every player to activate star power independantly and at different times, but using it affects every member of the band, not just the person who activated it).

Other than those three, though, I got four or five stars on just about every song the first time I played it on Expert. By comparison, in GH3 I gave up trying to beat Lou and I could only just barely beat Raining Blood and One on Hard.

I'd rank the difficulty like this (hardest to easiest):

GH3 Expert
GH3 Hard / GH2 Expert (tie)
RB Expert
GH2 Hard
RB Hard

An experienced GH player shouldn't have any trouble at all beating everything in Rock Band on Hard and most songs on Expert.

SarichFan
01-09-2008, 12:33 PM
I think it'd be cool to pick up drums in a few months when they come available aswell because I've only been playing fake guitar for less than a week now.. The more songs the better but Rock Band's character customization looks pretty sweet.

Also, is it just me or are there alot of songs on Rock Band that are also on GHIII?

Russic
01-09-2008, 12:33 PM
i agree with MarchHare, expert guitar is about as difficult as gh3 on hard. Keep in mind a lot of the songs aren't selected with the guitar in mind (as they obviously are with the guitar hero series). This means there are a handful of songs that are very repetitive or just not as mind-blowing. This isn't a bad thing if you're playing multiplayer, but in single player mode it could become an issue for you if you aren't really into it.

I don't think I'd recommend it if you aren't going to be playing with others.

burnin_vernon
01-09-2008, 02:57 PM
You don't need the special included microphone to do the singing parts either -- the regular Xbox Live headset works just fine.

Really? Am i doing something wrong? I only tried the headset once but it didn't register my voice at all.. i would love to use it, though, so I can sing and play guitar at the same time

burnin_vernon
01-09-2008, 03:02 PM
I'd rank the difficulty like this (hardest to easiest):

GH3 Expert
GH3 Hard / GH2 Expert (tie)
RB Expert
GH2 Hard
RB Hard

An experienced GH player shouldn't have any trouble at all beating everything in Rock Band on Hard and most songs on Expert.

Ya that's pretty accurate. On GH3 (hard) I can't get past "One" yet. On Rock Band, "highway Star" and "Flirting with disaster" (expert) are killing me. I cannot beat the solos and am having trouble finding the patience to play through the few minutes of the easy parts to keep re-trying them.

MarchHare
01-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Really? Am i doing something wrong? I only tried the headset once but it didn't register my voice at all.. i would love to use it, though, so I can sing and play guitar at the same time

Yes, really. My wife frequently sings and plays bass at the same time, using the regular wired Xbox Live headset that was included with the console. The only downside is that it needs to be plugged into a controller, which limits the singer's movements and is a minor annoyance.

Not to make you feel stupid, but did you make sure the mic wasn't muted when you were using it?

burnin_vernon
01-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Yes, really. My wife frequently sings and plays bass at the same time, using the regular wired Xbox Live headset that was included with the console. The only downside is that it needs to be plugged into a controller, which limits the singer's movements and is a minor annoyance.

Not to make you feel stupid, but did you make sure the mic wasn't muted when you were using it?

Haha, that's very possible; i have never used the thing before... But when i put it practically inside my mouth it registered a bit of noise but that's it. I'm going to try it right now

Ok, so it kinda works for me. However, it is much quieter than the rock band mic and I can barely hear me over the speakers.

Not a huge deal but the problem I have is that there is a slight delay from my voice to the speaker, which screws up the accuracy. I tried a song that I can normally do quite easily but with the headset I barely got 3 stars.

Do you have this problem?

MarchHare
01-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Haha, that's very possible; i have never used the thing before... But when i put it practically inside my mouth it registered a bit of noise but that's it. I'm going to try it right now

Ok, so it kinda works for me. However, it is much quieter than the rock band mic and I can barely hear me over the speakers.

Not a huge deal but the problem I have is that there is a slight delay from my voice to the speaker, which screws up the accuracy. I tried a song that I can normally do quite easily but with the headset I barely got 3 stars.

Do you have this problem?

Well, I've never actually played with the Rock Band mic since I didn't buy the bundle, but the Xbox Live headset works fine for us. We usually hold it a few inches away from the mouth, and the sensitivity is fine (you can adjust it in the game too -- something you might want to try). My wife can get five stars on Hard for many of the songs.

Are you using the wireless headset or the wired one that was included with your console? We tried the wireless one, and we were having the same problems as you -- low sensitivity and a slight delay which caused accuracy problems. Switching to the corded headset solved that issue.

McG
01-10-2008, 10:41 PM
BV, there is also an adjustment that you can make with the controller to change the volume of you or of the game. i don't know if it will make enough of a difference for you but it might be worth a try. its in the manual under the vocals section.

McG
01-10-2008, 10:42 PM
I think it'd be cool to pick up drums in a few months when they come available aswell because I've only been playing fake guitar for less than a week now.. The more songs the better but Rock Band's character customization looks pretty sweet.

Also, is it just me or are there alot of songs on Rock Band that are also on GHIII?

there are overlaps for sure.

i would look at the songs actually to determine if you are thinking of buying just the game. it the music isn't for you...i wouldn't buy rock band.

Ro
01-13-2008, 09:44 PM
What are everyone's thoughts about Rock Band's DLC?

First of all, for a game that has only been out a couple months, there are a ton of songs to add- as opposed to GH which has only a handful.

My faves:

My Sharona has some awesome guitar sections.

Fortunate Son is a fun one to belt out, as is Buddy Holly.

The Police pack is great fun too.

Meh, not so much:

The David Bowie songs are alright. but the vocals are a bit "talky" at times.

And I'm just not that big of a Metallica fan. I prefer the catchier pop stuff or classic rock or 80's hair metal instead.

--

I was also checking out the Rock Band forums for some hints on some possible new additions, and there are a ton of suggestions there. Some of the ones I'd like to see:

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
The Middle -Jimmy Eat World
Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Anything by CKY, Sum 41, Blink 182, Zebrahead, NOFX, Goldfinger, Sublime

--

And finally, for those who weren't aware, Interstate Love Song by STP was released this week and is a must buy, and FINALLY we get some AC/DC next week:

"Die, All Right! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die%2C_All_Right%21)"[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band#_note-rbdlcjan8) The Hives (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hives) January 8, 2008 $ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USD)1.99 (160 MSP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Points)) "Interstate Love Song (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Love_Song)"[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band#_note-rbdlcjan8) Stone Temple Pilots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Temple_Pilots) January 8, 2008 $ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USD)1.99 (160 MSP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Points)) "The Number of the Beast (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Number_of_the_Beast_%28song%29)" [14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band#_note-rbdlcjan8) Iron Maiden (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Maiden) January 8, 2008 $ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USD)1.99 (160 MSP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Points)) London Calling]]" [14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band#_note-rbdlcjan8) The Clash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clash) January 15, 2008 $ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USD)1.99 (160 MSP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Points)) You Shook Me All Night Long]]" [14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band#_note-rbdlcjan8) AC/DC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC/DC) January 15, 2008 $ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USD)1.99 (160 MSP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Points)) Toxicity]]" [14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band#_note-rbdlcjan8) System Of A Down (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Of_A_Down) January 15, 2008 $ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USD)1.99 (160 MSP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Points))

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20974

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band#Downloadable_content

McG
01-13-2008, 10:02 PM
i am impressed with the downloadable content so far.

i really want to see an 80s pack! but big props for the my sharona and limelight so far!

Gugstanley
01-14-2008, 10:32 AM
I love the downloads and would like to see more 80's stuff.
Here are the new downloads for this week

"Action" made famous by Sweet (cover)

"Last Train to Clarksville" made famous by the Monkees (cover)

"All the Small Things" by Blink 182

Russic
01-14-2008, 10:45 AM
I was also checking out the Rock Band forums for some hints on some possible new additions, and there are a ton of suggestions there. Some of the ones I'd like to see:

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
The Middle -Jimmy Eat World
Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Anything by CKY, Sum 41, Blink 182, Zebrahead, NOFX, Goldfinger, Sublime

If journey found it's way into the download content I'd freak out in a great way. Nothing exemplifies a good night of drinking like belting out some journey.

edit: the downloads for this week will be:

"Action" made famous by Sweet (cover)
"Last Train to Clarksville" made famous by The Monkees (cover)
"All the Small Things" by Blink 182

MarchHare
01-14-2008, 11:43 AM
If journey found it's way into the download content I'd freak out in a great way.

It might be hard to fit Don't Stop Believing into Rock Band because the piano plays such a dominant role in that song. The only thing comparable to it that's already in the game is the keyboard solo in Won't Get Fooled Again, but that song still mostly features guitar/bass/drums.

jayswin
01-15-2008, 03:07 AM
Just a heads up to anyone with a pre-order at eb games, I caught those idiots in a bold faced lie today.....

I was getting sick of waiting for my preorder for the 360 to come in, so I phoned into my location to check up on the status. The guy looked up my name and said they had none and weren't expecting any for awhile, and he sounded pissed to be talking to me too for some reason.

So just for fun, I had my buddy call them literally five minutes later, and the guy said "uh yeah, we actually got 9 of them in for the 360 right now", and so he went down and picked one up for me.

F'in aholes.

Russic
01-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Just a heads up to anyone with a pre-order at eb games, I caught those idiots in a bold faced lie today.....

I was getting sick of waiting for my preorder for the 360 to come in, so I phoned into my location to check up on the status. The guy looked up my name and said they had none and weren't expecting any for awhile, and he sounded pissed to be talking to me too for some reason.

So just for fun, I had my buddy call them literally five minutes later, and the guy said "uh yeah, we actually got 9 of them in for the 360 right now", and so he went down and picked one up for me.

F'in aholes.

REALLY? That is absolutely brutal. Did you call them out on it? Which eb was it?

CaramonLS
01-15-2008, 01:34 PM
I was calling around today for gh3, so I rang the EB at Deerfoot meadows, and hes like "no, but we do have the rockband bundle, did you want that instead?"

!!!

So now I got myself a copy :D

Misterpants
01-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks so much for the tipoff CaramonLS! I've been trying to get my hands on this for 2 weeks. The EB by my house never answers their GD phone, so it was a bit of a chore but the one in Sunridge Mall had 2 and I nabbed one. Plus it was $30 cheaper than Futureshop and Bestbuy. Anyone know where I can by leopard print tights?

CaramonLS
01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
NP man, just rocking out on the guitar right now. Tons of fun.

Misterpants
01-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Sweet, can't wait.

Russic
01-15-2008, 03:17 PM
do you guys know if they had the ps3 version in?

jayswin
01-15-2008, 03:23 PM
I was calling around today for gh3, so I rang the EB at Deerfoot meadows, and hes like "no, but we do have the rockband bundle, did you want that instead?"

!!!

So now I got myself a copy :D

That's really funny (not that I care now, because my buddy picked one up for me) my pre order that I was complaining about is from the deerfoot meadows location. That's really fataing funny that they....

a) didn't call me to tell me it was in
b) blatantly lied to me when I asked if it was in, and sounded like I was annoying them for asking
c)according to this thread, they are openly proclaiming that they have them for sale now, and still no call.

*On a completely unrelated topic; Can somebody please post instructions on how to make a molatov cocktail...Please and thank you.

Misterpants
01-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Didn't see it. The dude there explained they get them in batches for each system, on different days. Saw PS3 versions at Best Buy Northland last Friday...

Russic
01-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Didn't see it. The dude there explained they get them in batches for each system, on different days. Saw PS3 versions at Best Buy Northland last Friday...

thank you kindly. I have one, but I have two friends that are looking to pick it up as well.

Misterpants
01-15-2008, 03:36 PM
NP. Best Buy has them listed as in stock at both Sunridge and Northland

CaptainCrunch
01-15-2008, 03:50 PM
That's really funny (not that I care now, because my buddy picked one up for me) my pre order that I was complaining about is from the deerfoot meadows location. That's really fataing funny that they....

a) didn't call me to tell me it was in
b) blatantly lied to me when I asked if it was in, and sounded like I was annoying them for asking
c)according to this thread, they are openly proclaiming that they have them for sale now, and still no call.

*On a completely unrelated topic; Can somebody please post instructions on how to make a molatov cocktail...Please and thank you.

Gas, soapflakes, gas soaked rag, empty glass bottle. Apply fire generously, and throw really hard. Aim away from face

MarchHare
01-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Gas, soapflakes, gas soaked rag, empty glass bottle. Apply fire generously, and throw really hard. Aim away from your face

Fixed. You can aim at your target's face just fine. :)

CaramonLS
01-15-2008, 04:11 PM
do you guys know if they had the ps3 version in?

Thats the one I got, best option is to call them.

Also, the drums are ing difficult to begin with even on easy.

burnin_vernon
01-15-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm not rushing to get this weeks' DLC. Sweet, Blink 182, and the Monkees don't really demand my $2. Anyone get these? I thought someone here said something about acdc and SOAD?

CaramonLS
01-15-2008, 07:08 PM
I'll probably get the Queens of the Stone Age 3 pack, but thats it for now.

McG
01-15-2008, 07:50 PM
guys...i know that your rock band game is missing a little something...just like mine...a certain je ne sais quoi...but now we know what it is.

the new peripheral announced for the summer is smoke and lights for your living room.

honestly my family is going to have to find another big screen to watch.

Ro
01-15-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm not rushing to get this weeks' DLC. Sweet, Blink 182, and the Monkees don't really demand my $2. Anyone get these? I thought someone here said something about acdc and SOAD?

That was me. Guess I shouldn't have used Wikipedia as my source. Maybe next week?

And apparently the three songs you mentioned are surprisingly good, and very tough on the expert level. Good to hear.

Also, here's a link to an interesting post on rockband.com about modding the drum pads with gum rubber so they bounce back a little better and diminish some of the noise:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15857

burnin_vernon
01-15-2008, 08:53 PM
That was me. Guess I shouldn't have used Wikipedia as my source. Maybe next week?

And apparently the three songs you mentioned are surprisingly good, and very tough on the expert level. Good to hear.

Also, here's a link to an interesting post on rockband.com about modding the drum pads with gum rubber so they bounce back a little better and diminish some of the noise:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15857

Ya I think ACDC is a long way away. It would get a crazy amount of buyers, though I would hope for something other than the overplayed standard of "You shook me..." Whole Lotta Rosie maybe?

There's a company in Winnipeg that actually packages their own RB drum mod with a gum rubber/neoprene product. Without adhesive, it's $25, with is $30. Shipping and taxes extra.

Here's the email, and a highly produced video.

mario@argusindustries.ca
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bGFZWG1Il0k

browna
01-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Any and all AC/DC coming out is a dream...loving the game, and am doing a lot better on the drums than the guitar.

CaramonLS
01-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Any and all AC/DC coming out is a dream...loving the game, and am doing a lot better on the drums than the guitar.

Seriously? The drums are freaking killing me!!

I have a lot of problems keeping the beat if I have to fast ones close together, one mess up and you miss about 10-20 straight notes.

Hemi-Cuda
01-16-2008, 03:22 AM
can this double as a RB bundle lookout thread? i'm finally caving and even though i really don't need to spend $200 right now, i want this game. if anyone happens to know when the Sunridge Best Buy or Future Shop gets them in i'd love to know as that'd be the closest to me

Flames89
01-16-2008, 06:45 AM
I just ordered some pads from http://www.altgn.com/2008/01/06/rockband-gum-rubber-drum-mod-review/

Anything to make the game better. I received it last friday as a present from some friends. That night I was also having a party for my birthday - and needless to say, that game took over the party. I have only played for about 5 minutes (though it was on all night), and I can't wait until this Fri when I have the time to crack open some beers, get a couple buddies over, and ROCK.

Cliche
01-16-2008, 05:08 PM
http://kotaku.com/340226/conan-griefs-rock-band-playing-staffers-does-wicked-edith-bunker

Conan o'brien griefing other employee's. Watch it just for his turn on the mic for sabotage.

photon
01-16-2008, 09:53 PM
I can't decide between this and GH3...

It seems the variety of songs is greater in Rock Band, that true?

Also, most of the time will probably be just me solo unless my wife really gets into it.. but I figure my kid will like to bang on the drums (he's 3 1/2).

For mostly solo play, is Rock Band still fun? Or GH3 better?

browna
01-16-2008, 10:25 PM
I can't decide between this and GH3...

It seems the variety of songs is greater in Rock Band, that true?

Also, most of the time will probably be just me solo unless my wife really gets into it.. but I figure my kid will like to bang on the drums (he's 3 1/2).

For mostly solo play, is Rock Band still fun? Or GH3 better?

With the downloadable content updated bi weekly it seems for download (at least on PS3), I am thinking it will be much more proactive in the song selection down the road.

The smoke machine and light perpherial coming out in June? Gold!

Caramon: Yeah, the quick notes are tough, but i've learned that the pads are fairly sensative, so a quiet tap is just as effective (and allows you to be quicker) then if you bang a bit harder on them (as I suppose you'd do on a real drum set to make a loud noise).

burnin_vernon
01-16-2008, 10:29 PM
You can do solo careers in singing, drums, and guitar for RB so I think it's great by yourself, just more fun with friends, like most games. I bought GH3 around the same time as RB and I have barely touched it. Also, for me, the songs on "Hard" on GH3 are ridiculous on the final set and I don't have the patience to play through five or six minutes of the easy parts only to get destroyed in mere seconds when the solo finally comes (ie. "One"). I think most people would agree GH3 is the most difficult guitar game out there.

Get Rock Band, hands down. The DLC will keep it fresh, too.

McG
01-16-2008, 11:37 PM
i concur with BV and browna.

while the value from rock band is very high...

i would also recommend checking out the songs.

for me...i like RB songs over GH3 songs. personal opinion though.

photon
01-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Heh, I really wanted to play the Halo theme on GH3, but yeah I think Rock Band is the way to go for me. Seems more variation in songs too.

Misterpants
01-17-2008, 06:38 AM
Big ups to Rock Band. Its the clear winner. Plus there are many little extras they thought of that make it great.

CaramonLS
01-17-2008, 01:09 PM
I saw 4 copies of Rockband for PS3 @ HMV Chinook, price is gouged though, at 199.99 - also their sign said they had X360 packages too, but only saw the PS3 ones.

Russic
01-17-2008, 01:44 PM
First off, I love Rock Band. My favorite part of it isn't in the single player unfortunately. I love playing setlists (playing 2-60 songs without going back to a menu). Solo tour can't do it, only multiplayer tour. That's my only problem.

Gugstanley
01-17-2008, 01:46 PM
We have only played GH once since picking up Rockband. The lights and smoke are a crazy idea. Guess I need to build a big theater room.

Can one of you guys up in Calgary close the window. We have been getting cold winds out of Canada and I am getting tired of it. :D

Russic
01-17-2008, 04:30 PM
ha! somebody at xbox.com slipped up and posted the rest of the schedule for january. Oasis pack next week! I don't care what any of you say . . . I think it's awesome. Anyways, here's the post from kotaku.com:

"Xbox.com let slip abnormally early the upcoming downloadable content for Harmonix's Rock Band, giving us a look at the rest of January's add-on tracks. First up are a trio of tracks from Oasis, "Don't Look Back in Anger," "Live Forever," and "Wonderwall." They'll be available the week of January 22nd to Rock Band owners, bringing familial strife and Manchester pop-rock to fans. Gotta start working on my Liam!

For the following week, Harmonix brings us the "Progressive Pack", featuring "Siva" by Smashing Pumpkins, "Working Man" as made famous by Rush, and "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)" as made famous by Coheed and Cambria.

The overworked web staff at Xbox.com has since pulled the listings (someone goofed), but those who demand screenshot proof can find it right here (http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/01/rock_band_oops.gif)."

Hemi-Cuda
01-17-2008, 10:14 PM
the PS3 bundles are easy to find now, Wal-Mart, Futureshop, EB all had lots. unfortunately the same can't be said for the 360 bundle. the kid i spoke to at Wal-Mart said they'd be getting a new shipment in on Tuesday so hopefully i can grab one of those

Hemi-Cuda
01-17-2008, 10:15 PM
I saw 4 copies of Rockband for PS3 @ HMV Chinook, price is gouged though, at 199.99 - also their sign said they had X360 packages too, but only saw the PS3 ones.

um, isn't the bundle $200 everywhere? that's the price that best buy and futureshop are selling it for

burnin_vernon
01-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Here in Vancouver, one of the local wal-marts has about 25 ($169.99) of them for the 360, if that's any indication of distribution.

On a side note, here's a cool little app that lets you plug your drum kit into your pc, assign the pads to whatever sounds you want, and go freestyle on it. You can record and playback your creations too

http://andrewrudson.com/main.php

Ro
01-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Oasis! Nice!

Also, I've been scouring the RB forums for all sorts of info, and have noticed, after reading some stuff there about lag, that my setup is a little laggy. Especially the drums and the mic. But even the guitar is a little off compared to GH.

Has anyone else experienced similar lag issues and been able to solve them? I must've done that calibration thing 10 times, but I get a different offset each time and it seems like I change it for each instrument when I'm playing solo.

I am just playing the audio through my TV's speakers, a 32" Sharp Aquos.

Russic
01-18-2008, 09:20 AM
very odd Ro, I've never heard of that. did you post on the RB forums about it?

Flames89
01-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Ro, I would go here and check out the 2nd sticky:
http://www.rockband.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

CaramonLS
01-18-2008, 10:20 AM
um, isn't the bundle $200 everywhere? that's the price that best buy and futureshop are selling it for

I paided 169.99 @ EB games for mine.

CaramonLS
01-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Also, I have no idea how to start a solo bass guitar career. Any help?

Knut
01-18-2008, 10:55 AM
it took about 4 hours to break one of the drum sticks......

My back hurts, my arms hurt.... my fingers are calloused.... and i am hungover. What a great rock band night with the roomates.

burnin_vernon
01-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Also, I have no idea how to start a solo bass guitar career. Any help?

Sorry, no bass solo career in this game

Flames89
01-18-2008, 02:18 PM
it took about 4 hours to break one of the drum sticks......

My back hurts, my arms hurt.... my fingers are calloused.... and i am hungover. What a great rock band night with the roomates.

I have been waiting all week for this right. Once again, got the game last weekend, played for about 10 minutes before letting everyone else at the party have a go. Haven't touched it since.

Tonight will be a rockstar night.

CaramonLS
01-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Green Grass and high tides - ###### you.

Hemi-Cuda
01-18-2008, 08:51 PM
EB Games in Deerfoot Meadows just got a shipment of XBOX 360 bundles, picked mine up today. this is going to make my superbowl party so much better

photon
01-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Blockbuster had a few as well, got one for the $169 price. Don't want to start playing it yet tho, too many other games to finish :D

jayswin
01-19-2008, 03:57 AM
EB Games in Deerfoot Meadows just got a shipment of XBOX 360 bundles, picked mine up today. this is going to make my superbowl party so much better

Ha ha, and those losers STILL haven't called me. I know I should just go down there and call them out on it, but I think I'll just let this go on for awhile, seeing as my budy got me one.

photon
01-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Ha ha, and those losers STILL haven't called me. I know I should just go down there and call them out on it, but I think I'll just let this go on for awhile, seeing as my budy got me one.

I would go down there... I've been lied to and screwed by the Deerfoot Meadows location as well, by the manager in fact.

After an issue where I think they were being unreasonable (and claiming company policies that don't exist as a reason, I checked with other stores), I asked him directly if he thought that profit was more important than making satisfied customers, and he tried to avoid the question a few times until finally he said that yes making money was more important than customers. That's all you need to know right there.

cSpooge
01-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Futureshop in Coventry had a crap load for 360 when I went there yesterday.

Gugstanley
01-19-2008, 09:17 PM
I just ordered some pads from http://www.altgn.com/2008/01/06/rockband-gum-rubber-drum-mod-review/

Have you got these yet and tried them? I ordered a set myself but haven't received them yet? Curious how they change the game play.

Saint Troy
01-20-2008, 02:52 PM

lol. Great song, I finally got by it on hard today, flirting with disaster continues to own me, as does the monkees song I just downloaded. The f'in monkees :bag:

Gugstanley
01-21-2008, 10:19 AM

I couldn't agree more. Hope I never have to play that song again.

Can we delete songs from the game?

Flames89
01-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Have you got these yet and tried them? I ordered a set myself but haven't received them yet? Curious how they change the game play.

Yep, still awaiting on shipment. The guy apparently is overloaded with requests. Looking forward to them though, as last weekend songs could be difficult sometimes b/c a bad drummer can throw the whole group off...

Now thinking about getting a cheap mic stand...

CaramonLS
01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
I couldn't agree more. Hope I never have to play that song again.

Can we delete songs from the game?

Seriously, this song on drums murdered me on easy the first few times I tried it. You get half way through and all the sudden you can't keep rhythm for whatever reason anymore.

Also, I beat a lot of songs fairly easily on 'Normal Guitar' (never played any other GH), but for whatever reason Vasoline is absolutely slaying me.

Russic
01-21-2008, 03:26 PM
green grass high tides . . . the drums own me at the moment. It is so hard to keep the beat going for that long (feels like 5 minutes). I assume at one point it'll just click.

CaramonLS
01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
green grass high tides . . . the drums own me at the moment. It is so hard to keep the beat going for that long (feels like 5 minutes). I assume at one point it'll just click.

It's a 10 minute song.

Russic
01-21-2008, 04:03 PM
It's a 10 minute song.

I suppose I'm mainly referring to the part where the red pad is being struck constantly while the yellow pad and pedal alternate. Drives me absolutely insane. i can do it for about 30 seconds before my concentration melts.

MarchHare
01-21-2008, 11:09 PM
I beat Highway Star on expert guitar for the first time tonight -- surprisingly, I also received five stars on the first and only time I've ever beaten it. In fact, I had five stars before I even got to the solo. Crazy that it's a song that I would either fail completely (during the hard solo section) or get 5-stars, with nothing in between.

Now only Green Grass and High Tides (failed at 80%) and Flirtin' With Disaster remain for me to beat the Expert guitar tour.

Human Torch
01-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Anyone see the ps2 version anywhere? I already have it for ps3 but a friend is looking for the ps2 one.

Gugstanley
01-22-2008, 07:17 AM
I suppose I'm mainly referring to the part where the red pad is being struck constantly while the yellow pad and pedal alternate. Drives me absolutely insane. i can do it for about 30 seconds before my concentration melts.

I beat it on medium my first time playing it but was swearing up a storm during that portion of the song. I can't imagine the band that wrote the song wanting to play it more then once. It goes on and on.

My kid has really been practicing the drums so he can take it the next time it comes up.

Can't wait for the extra instruments to come out for PS3. My band has been getting together every weekend.

Anyone played the never ending set?

Russic
01-22-2008, 12:49 PM
this is just a gentle reminder to 360 owners that the oasis pack is now live.

GreenHardHat
01-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Yep, still awaiting on shipment. The guy apparently is overloaded with requests. Looking forward to them though, as last weekend songs could be difficult sometimes b/c a bad drummer can throw the whole group off...

Now thinking about getting a cheap mic stand...

Any idea where to look for something like that?

McG
01-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Any idea where to look for something like that?

i have started to sing and play the songs on guitar at the same time...for stuff that i know!

that's the biggest rush for me so far as a solo artist "in the band mode".

tom sawyer and wanted dead or alive are the ones that I do best on...

Flaming Choy
01-23-2008, 01:03 AM
WOOHOO, found RB today!! Goodbye GH3

GreenHardHat
01-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah. Rock band basically made Guitar Hero obsolete for me too. I haven't had any desire to play Guitar Hero since I picked up Rock Band.

Dan02
01-23-2008, 01:08 PM
am i the only one here who thinks the rock band guitar is a steaming pile of crap?

Russic
01-23-2008, 01:16 PM
am i the only one here who thinks the rock band guitar is a steaming pile of crap?

Probably not . . . but I can't so much as even look at my other guitar hero guitars. They sadden me. no clicky and no bright buttons = success (imo)

Flaming Choy
01-23-2008, 01:57 PM

EDIT: OOPS, missed the word "guitar". Below is my response to "who things rock band is a steaming pile of crap". And to make it on topic, i sorta like the guitar, less clicky.

well, as a single player game (excluding drums) it's pretty average. For just guitar playing, i think the GH series has it beat. And from what i'm told the deticated singing games (singstar..ect) are better as well. What makes RB great is the multiplayer aspect playing with a group of friends. Also, the DLC model they have set up is much better then the spuratic downloads from GH. If you don't like music games in general, then yeah, probably won't like either.

Dan02
01-23-2008, 02:38 PM
see i rather prefer the clicking as it helps me time my strumming better,doesn't really matter normally but when you gotta hit the same note multiple times in a row fast the clicking helps keep me from over/under strumming.

simmer2
01-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Anyone else here that plays the drums regularly? Because I can finish Enter Sandman by Metallica on Expert, but I can barely do Vasoline on hard because of the frikin bass pedal. Man it is tough to separate the beat from your arms and your legs. Anybody have any tips?

CaramonLS
01-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Holy ###### talk about no learning curve on hard. Missippi queen and Ok Go in the first set are freaking impossible for me, after breezing through the first 3 the first time through and the entire last set on normal (Enter Sandman and Vasoline were the only 2 I had to repeat recently).

photon
01-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Anyone else here that plays the drums regularly? Because I can finish Enter Sandman by Metallica on Expert, but I can barely do Vasoline on hard because of the frikin bass pedal. Man it is tough to separate the beat from your arms and your legs. Anybody have any tips?

There are some exercises you can do to help you learn that separation. There was a good overall guide here:

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/rock-band-featu.html

I learned to play drums a bit when I was younger so having a separate beat isn't much of an issue, but I never learned how to do a fill and then get back into beat properly, I'm interested to see how I'll fare with rock band (haven't even opened it yet).

Misterpants
01-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Holy ###### talk about no learning curve on hard. Missippi queen and Ok Go in the first set are freaking impossible for me, after breezing through the first 3 the first time through and the entire last set on normal (Enter Sandman and Vasoline were the only 2 I had to repeat recently).

Man, totally agree. I went back to Medium on Mississippi Queen and its one of the simplest songs. Hard is ridiculous. Who thought air guitar could be so demanding.

burn_this_city
01-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Anyone see the ps2 version anywhere? I already have it for ps3 but a friend is looking for the ps2 one.

Best buy in deerfoot meadows had a few last night..

McG
01-24-2008, 10:33 PM
eb games in edmonchuk centre had ps3 and 360 ones in today. don't know if they are for pre orders or not.

I_H8_Crawford
01-25-2008, 08:18 AM
FS in NE Calgary got a HUGE shipment of 360 Rockband bundles yesterday... there were at least 20.

simmer2
01-25-2008, 04:41 PM
There are some exercises you can do to help you learn that separation. There was a good overall guide here:

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/rock-band-featu.html

I learned to play drums a bit when I was younger so having a separate beat isn't much of an issue, but I never learned how to do a fill and then get back into beat properly, I'm interested to see how I'll fare with rock band (haven't even opened it yet).

Thanks for the link, it has some good info. Good luck with the game, you'll have to let me know how you fair.

Saint Troy
01-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Just a question, anyone have issues with the supplied microphone? I plugged it in and nothing, it's not recognized by the console, any tips or do I have a dud?

Gugstanley
01-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Just a question, anyone have issues with the supplied microphone? I plugged it in and nothing, it's not recognized by the console, any tips or do I have a dud?

Are you using a PS3 console? You need a control assigned to the same slot so you can control the mike.

McG
01-25-2008, 10:39 PM
eb games in edmonchuk centre had ps3 and 360 ones in today. don't know if they are for pre orders or not.

I checked today and all of their pre-orders are filled. it looked like 6 360s and 8 ps3s. if you live in greaserville and want one that is a good place to go.

SarichFan
01-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Just got Rockband at Westbrook Blockbuster. Had about 4 of them.

Closes at Midnight, GOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

$169.99

SarichFan
01-26-2008, 12:30 AM
How do you get the Mic to work??

Gravitykillr
01-26-2008, 12:48 AM
you have to use your controller to get it go recognize the mic.

MonsieurFish
01-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Just got Rockband at Westbrook Blockbuster. Had about 4 of them.

Closes at Midnight, GOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

$169.99

for which console?

SarichFan
01-26-2008, 01:35 AM
360. They had 1 PS3 version. I got the 360 so I could use my GHIII Guitar with it, because the Rock Band Guitar just plan SUCKS!

Flaming Choy
01-26-2008, 09:55 AM

plug the mic in the usb, then turn on a controller. the mic will be assigned to that controller automatically so you can select your band member, adjust volume....ect

Has anyone done the drum mod to make the drums quieter?

http://generationgamerz.com/v2/insight/time-for-rock-band-arts-crafts.php or here if you don't want to do it yourself http://www.rockbanddrumpads.com

SarichFan
01-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Man the Drums are HARD! Getting used to it, it's the foot pedal that throws me off all the time. lol

Flaming Choy
01-26-2008, 02:07 PM
if anyone is still lookin for 1, best buy northland location has like 80 for the 360.

psicodude
01-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Just got home from the Wal Mart in Deerfoot Crossing (130th Ave SE) and they had about 10 of them for the 360.

EDIT: Actually, that area may be called South Trail Crossing, but whatever.

Gugstanley
01-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Has anyone done the drum mod to make the drums quieter?

http://generationgamerz.com/v2/insight/time-for-rock-band-arts-crafts.php or here if you don't want to do it yourself http://www.rockbanddrumpads.com

I have ordered the gumstopper method but that guy is behind and hasn't shipped them yet. Making some felt circles to keep the noise down until they arrive.

Also have the foot petal repair kit.

SarichFan
01-26-2008, 08:44 PM
These drums make me want to burn them....................

So hard.. even on medium. My brain can't get around using my eyes, arms and leg at the same time.

I swear to god, playing the real drums would be alot easier.

Flames in 07
01-26-2008, 08:47 PM
The wife has been playing for 2hrs straight tonight ... hasn't played video games since donkey kong but is burning holes in the drums for a week now.

photon
01-27-2008, 12:52 AM
I swear to god, playing the real drums would be alot easier.

Lol, unlike the guitar I think skills on these drums can actually be transferred somewhat to real drums!

Gugstanley
01-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Hang in there on the drums. It just takes some time. My 9 year old is about to move up to hard. Funny watching him school people online last night doing the tug of war.

SarichFan
01-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Hang in there on the drums. It just takes some time. My 9 year old is about to move up to hard. Funny watching him school people online last night doing the tug of war.

9?? God..... My confidence is shattered. lol

Saint Troy
01-27-2008, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=Flaming Choy;1163675]plug the mic in the usb, then turn on a controller. the mic will be assigned to that controller automatically so you can select your band member, adjust volume....ect

Sweet, working now, thanks.

Gugstanley
01-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Built some foam pads for the drums and it really works well. Now the drums aren't so loud that you can't hear the song.

We have the option of playing the 58 song set. Going to need a second band to rotate in every few songs. How long will it take to play those songs? 6 or 7 hours?

I think the hardest part of this game is finding people good enough to play the harder levels so you can keep getting fans.

photon
01-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Got it setup tonight and gave it a spin.. the guitar is fun, just as it was with Guitar Hero ones (though I like the look of the guitar more).

But wow the drums are awesome I think. Far more realistic. I'm having problems seeing the kick though, I keep playing it when I hear it rather than when it shows it, and then forgetting to play it when I'm trying to do a complicated fill. I was doing ok on medium but I switched to easy to just play through all the songs and get to know them and get used to it.

But I find the drums a lot of fun, I'm going to have to get a stool to sit on rather than my couch :D

Haven't tried vocals yet.

SarichFan
01-27-2008, 10:51 PM
I'd say my only problem so far (About 25+ songs in) is that there's too much grunge stuff. I think i've had more fun playing the GHIII songs as a whole but again i'm only about half way through..

Definetely going to need to download the Metallica and Iron Maiden songs down the road.

mykalberta
01-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Drums are definately harder than I expected, I got through easy, but medium is killer. My calf and shin lock up cause of the pedal.

On a 4 person rock band you should be able to get through every song with the guitars saving the drums and vocals.

Started friday night, Sunday at about 3 we finished the hall of fame gig all 4 instruments in medium.

Does anyone think the rock band guitar is a piece of garbage. I find the GH2 explorer much easier and more sturdy.

Flaming Choy
01-28-2008, 10:59 AM
speaking of downloading songs, which ones have you guys downloaded so far?

PowerPlayoffs06
01-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Picked up a Bundle on Saturday afternoon.

Sooooo much fun. Loving it. Don't like the guitar as much as the Guitar Hero ones, but it does the job.

Im wondering if I can play Guitaro Hero with the Rock Band guitar? Then I could just go buy Legends of Rock and not need another guitar.

I agree that there's too many punk/grunge songs and not enough Classic Rock. At least so far. I'm not all that far into the game, but most of the starting songs aren't my thing.

First thing I did after I got the game working though was download the Metallica song pack with Blackened, Ride the Lightning and ...And Justice For All. Friggin' awesome.

I_H8_Crawford
01-28-2008, 07:18 PM
No you can't use the RB guitar with GH, but on the 360 you can use the GH guitar with RB

Saint Troy
01-28-2008, 10:57 PM
speaking of downloading songs, which ones have you guys downloaded so far?

all of 'em :bag:

simmer2
01-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Got it setup tonight and gave it a spin.. the guitar is fun, just as it was with Guitar Hero ones (though I like the look of the guitar more).

But wow the drums are awesome I think. Far more realistic. I'm having problems seeing the kick though, I keep playing it when I hear it rather than when it shows it, and then forgetting to play it when I'm trying to do a complicated fill. I was doing ok on medium but I switched to easy to just play through all the songs and get to know them and get used to it.

But I find the drums a lot of fun, I'm going to have to get a stool to sit on rather than my couch :D

Haven't tried vocals yet.

Go to IKEA and buy a stool for $6, it gets the job done.

Gugstanley
01-29-2008, 09:27 AM
http://www.rockband.com/request_song

Lets get some rock and roll requested

Russic
01-29-2008, 12:01 PM
all of 'em :bag:

wow! really? That's some impressive dedication.

SarichFan
01-29-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm getting a bit better on the drums, around 80% on Medium, i'm not really looking for the pedal kicks but i'll hit them when i'm comfortable so it won't single handedly throw me off and i'll miss like 6 notes because of it.

Gugstanley
01-29-2008, 01:05 PM
i'm not really looking for the pedal kicks but i'll hit them when i'm comfortable so it won't single handedly throw me off and i'll miss like 6 notes because of it.

I think they have a pop up or it is in the tutorial but the reds and the pedal count more then the other three colors. So those are the ones you should try and get. The fans care more if you miss them.

PowerPlayoffs06
01-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Is it just me or does the difficulty for Guitars really ramp up from Medium to Hard? Medium I can just breeze through pretty much any song except that damn Aerosmith one... But putting it up to Hard to try and get more fans in Band World Tour just wound up kicking my arse.

I fear Expert... :ph34r:

mykalberta
01-30-2008, 01:02 PM
For me, hard is easy in Rb compared to GH2.

I cant get as many powerups to save members but I can easily get through all the songs.

Havent tried Expert. Finished game on solo career hard on Guitar, next drums then vocals.

SarichFan
02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
What are those headset adapters for that come with Rock Band??

Hemi-Cuda
02-01-2008, 02:27 PM
so why is it that with Rock Band and Guitar Hero before it, there are some bands where it's a lame cover band doing the song? every Black Sabbath song on rock band, in the game or downloadable is a cover, and same goes for one i was really looking forward to, Fortunate Son. could they not get the rights to the real versions for some reason? if not, why not just use other songs where they could and avoid the covers all together

really takes me out of the rhythm when i'm drumming to Paranoid and the vocals kick into one of the worst Ozzy impressions i've ever heard

Flaming Choy
02-01-2008, 05:01 PM
What are those headset adapters for that come with Rock Band??

you hook up the xbox headsets to your instruments through them so when your playing online you can talk to people. I also heard you could use the headset for the mic, but i'm not sure if that's true.

McG
02-01-2008, 05:10 PM
I think that the adapters are to actually talk. I have never been able to sing with them. if some has...please post how!

i have sung with the headset connected to a wireless controller instead of the mike connected to the xbox/hub. for me, this is the best way to play guitar or bass and sing at the same time. which is still some of the best fun i have had. you can get a full band with 3 people...although song selection is always limited to what a person can sing without looking at the words.

LeftWing
02-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Is it just me or does the difficulty for Guitars really ramp up from Medium to Hard? Medium I can just breeze through pretty much any song except that damn Aerosmith one... But putting it up to Hard to try and get more fans in Band World Tour just wound up kicking my arse.

I fear Expert... :ph34r:

Wait 'till you try going to hard on drums - the discrepancy is massive. I can usually get 95% or higher on medium, but then Hard kicks my butt - even with relatively easy songs (i.e. Celebrity Skin). I find I have to play a song on hard about 5 - 7 times before I can get the proper rhythm so that I can finish the song.

PowerPlayoffs06
02-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Wait 'till you try going to hard on drums - the discrepancy is massive. I can usually get 95% or higher on medium, but then Hard kicks my butt - even with relatively easy songs (i.e. Celebrity Skin). I find I have to play a song on hard about 5 - 7 times before I can get the proper rhythm so that I can finish the song.

After I finished the Solo Tour on Medium, I figured there was nothing to do but step it up so I started the Hard tour. I'm finding that it actually sort of takes off where Medium ended if you go through the tour again. Like it's slowly getting more and more difficult with each new venue. It's a less noticeable learning curve than when I would just do a Quickplay and play a song in Medium, do well, then try it again on Hard and instantly get smacked down.

I'm a ways off from trying Drums on Hard yet... ;) I did some singing on Hard last night and after a few songs my throat was sore. I just Do Not have a good voice for singing. It's like right between octaves or something and I can't reach the low notes singing normally. I actually have to sing higher and go into the next octave to reach notes on the bottom of the scale. Le sigh.

<stuff about crappy cover versions>

I was totally let down by all the covers of classics as well. The Sabbath stuff is just... bleh. I was looking forward to Fortunate Son too, but meh. Im thankful the Metallica songs were originals. I'm sure it's a licensing thing, but really, there're SO MANY songs that would be awesome to play they could easily have passed on songs they couldn't get rights to use and only use ones where they can have the originals. :(

SarichFan
02-02-2008, 02:11 PM
I still can't wait for my GHIII guitar.. I'm really hating the Fender Rock Band one.. The buttons are too clicky and the strum bar has no feeling at all.

LockedOut
02-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Saw lots of Rock Band at Royal Oak Walmart for both 360 and PS3 for $170. I was so tempted to pick one up but gotta hold off till later. Still trying to recover from xmas.

McG
02-02-2008, 05:20 PM
i read that they had to use a cover band for the rush songs because geddy lee's vocals are too unique for most of the population to score well on the singing part.

don't know if its the same with sabbath. "Sharon...it's not me...Ozzy...I'm the freaking prince of darkness...but it's not me in the freakin' game...SHARON!"

Gravitykillr
02-02-2008, 09:12 PM
anyone on here tried singing and playing guitar on any songs, I did it with pretty good results on Oasis today, just curious if anyone else is having success doing this?

Dan02
02-03-2008, 02:04 AM
anyone on here tried singing and playing guitar on any songs, I did it with pretty good results on Oasis today, just curious if anyone else is having success doing this?

If you knew the vocals well i don't see why you couldn't do it. The problem is reading the vocals while playing the guitar is neigh impossible on hard or expert.

Gravitykillr
02-03-2008, 02:23 AM
If you knew the vocals well i don't see why you couldn't do it. The problem is reading the vocals while playing the guitar is neigh impossible on hard or expert.

Oasis was don't look back in anger Medium vocals medium guitar (92%/94%) and Radiohead's Creep Hard Vocals, Medium Guitar (100%/93%) so didn't go too badly at all, but yeah definately a case of knowing the songs and most of the timing.

jayswin
02-03-2008, 03:53 AM

Yeah, we were doing this all night. It's pretty difficult if you don't know all the words to a song, but really fun if you do.

We hung our mic through a ceiling tile, so it was just dangling there, we felt like true rockstars.

Gugstanley
02-03-2008, 08:30 AM

My 9 year old can do this but I can't. I was amazed when he nailed Enter Sandman on medium

burnin_vernon
02-03-2008, 08:38 AM
We hung our mic through a ceiling tile, so it was just dangling there, we felt like true rockstars.

That's hilarious! I tried using the headset but it just isn't as accurate as the real mic and for some reason I can barely hear myself over the speakers with it. As for knowing the words, can't you just garble nonsense as long as you get the melody right? Not that that would be much fun, I guess.

Russic
02-03-2008, 10:15 AM

I can do this with the oasis songs pretty well. I had to use my regular usb mic and it there was a slight delay which made for a minor challenge. My goal is to eventually be able to do it well enough to start up a world tour (perhaps that statement belongs in the shame thread).

RW99
02-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Anyone download Nevermind? I played Guitar Hero for the first time on Friday night and I'm hooked now.

Gravitykillr
02-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Anyone download Nevermind? I played Guitar Hero for the first time on Friday night and I'm hooked now.
I wasn't aware that Nevermind was available for download as yet, I know they announced it was going to be but hadn't seen it yet.

Russic
02-04-2008, 09:42 AM
downloadable albums have been announced as being "very close", but the march schedule was released and there is no mention of them. I suppose the February schedule hasn't been released, so I'm hoping we see them released this month. Don't ask me why the March schedule was released before the February. My guess is it's another leak.

Edit: Here is the March Schedule:

March 4 - Thrash Pack
At The Gates: Blinded By Fear
Evile: Thrashes
The Haunted: Shadow World

March 11
Bad Company: Shooting Star (COVER)
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Simple Man
The Police: Message in a Bottle

March 18 - NIN Pack
Nine Inch Nails: March of the Pigs
Nine Inch Nails: The Collector
Nine Inch Nails: The Perfect Drug

March 25 - Metal Pack
Iron Maiden: Wrathchild (COVER)
Black Sabbath: Supernaut (COVER)
Metallica: Fuel

JayP
02-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Saw lots of Rock Band at Royal Oak Walmart for both 360 and PS3 for $170. I was so tempted to pick one up but gotta hold off till later. Still trying to recover from xmas.

Is Rock Band still flying off the shelves - any chance there would be any left today (PS3)?

That really sucks because I was actually planning on heading up there Saturday to spend a gift card before I forgot I had it.

SarichFan
02-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Only interested in Fuel... They need more tracks from Metallica. Less alternative crap

Russic
02-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Only interested in Fuel... They need more tracks from Metallica. Less alternative crap

then you probably won't be too happy with this weeks releases:

"Roam" by the B-52's

"We Care A Lot" by Faith No More

"Calling Dr. Love" by Kiss

SarichFan
02-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I actually don't know those songs.. Maybe the Kiss one if I heard it.

There are some groups I wouldn't mind hearing more from just from playing this game, Queens of the Stone Age for one.

PowerPlayoffs06
02-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Some songs I'd want them to make:

Money for Nothing - Dire Straits
For Whom the Bell Tolls - Metallica
A Small Victory - Faith No More
Perry Mason - Ozzy
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

SarichFan
02-04-2008, 01:22 PM
I want Fade to Black by Metallica. I love the Guitar on that track

metallicat
02-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Happy about Simple Man by Skynyrd.

Teh_Bandwagoner
02-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Rock Band has been confirmed for Wii:

http://blogs.pcworld.com/gameon/archives/006425.html

Gugstanley
02-04-2008, 06:13 PM
My guitar broke about 45 songs into the 58 song set :mad:

SarichFan
02-04-2008, 06:15 PM

I'm guessing it'll pretty much be a PS2 port.. How many USB ports are on the Wii? I forgot?

Dan02
02-04-2008, 10:22 PM

Wiiiiiiiii,

been waiting for this for awhile:)

Flaming Choy
02-05-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm guessing it'll pretty much be a PS2 port.. How many USB ports are on the Wii? I forgot?

I think there are 2 (which is all you need since i'm assuming hte guitars will be wireless and use the wiimote)

Hemi-Cuda
02-08-2008, 10:17 PM
so after much practice, i'm finally able to do Hard on the guitar for Rock Band. i'm playing through everything pretty easy, getting 5 stars on most and 4 stars on the trickier ones, thinking everything is good and i might try expert soon. but then i get to Flirtin' With Disaster, and as soon as that solo hits i'm screwed. gave myself the claw trying to pass it. sucks cause now the only thing standing in my way of completing hard (including the bonus tour) is that and Green Grass And High Tides (which can go **** itself as far as i'm concerned)

it's insane how much the difficulty ramps up for those 2 songs

photon
02-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Any musician will tell you, sometimes there are songs which just will not go in easily for whatever reason. I don't know if it's the brain, the muscles, or what, but sometimes there's songs which for whatever reason will always be way harder for you than they should be.

When I played jazz there was a couple that no matter how hard I worked at them they never ever got easy.

EDIT: Well maybe not any musician, it could have just been because I have no actual talent :D

LeftWing
02-11-2008, 10:44 AM
For me it's 'One' by Metallica on GH3. I've managed to finish GH2 and RB on Hard, but I can't get through friggin' One no matter how many times I try. The kicker is that it's a long song and the hardest part is at the end, so each crack at it is a six minute experience.

It's so frustrating failing and then seeing that I managed to finish 90% of the song - that last 10% is completely beyond me.

Russic
02-11-2008, 01:42 PM
For me it's 'One' by Metallica on GH3. I've managed to finish GH2 and RB on Hard, but I can't get through friggin' One no matter how many times I try. The kicker is that it's a long song and the hardest part is at the end, so each crack at it is a six minute experience.

It's so frustrating failing and then seeing that I managed to finish 90% of the song - that last 10% is completely beyond me.

That song was a nightmare to play. I got through that and the slayer song after weeks (literally weeks) of trying. I ended up getting to the last part of the game and gave up. After beating One I was finished with the game.

Finny61
02-11-2008, 04:39 PM
If any of you come across Rock Band in Calgary, especially for the 360 let me know as I've had a tough time finding them. Thanks.

Flaming Choy
02-11-2008, 10:34 PM
HOLY CRAP!!

Highway Star and Green Grass High Tides on guitar expert are impossible!!! Those last 2 solos go one for like 4-5 minutes and are non-stop hammer-ons!!

Here's a youtube clip of some one doing really good on Green grass
DD44k-PjHRg

The song is like 10 minutes long, and the last solo starts about 5:40 in. I failed at 8 minutes.

So frustrating, i want my achievement points for passing expert!!!! Anyone here on CP finish expert guitar?

SarichFan
02-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Green Grass and High Tides is a terrible song.. I hate it so much.. Not my type of music and it's like 12 minutes long.. evil

I'm actually looking forward to playing GHIII again, my Replacement Guitar is being shipped back. The songs in that game are just so much more fun to play personally.

btw, i'm totally stealing that Conan O' Brien character

Hemi-Cuda
02-12-2008, 12:03 AM
well i've hit a roadblock on expert guitar mode. i was doing good until all the songs started requiring a crapload of hammer ons and my fingers just don't have the dexterity to pull off the really fast ones. i also have a lot of trouble with the rapid strumming notes, i can never get the timing right when i try to flick the strumbar up and down. i'm pretty good with the timing using my standard down only method, but on expert the notes come way too fast to do it that way

sucks, i was having a lot of fun playing it and now i've just hit a wall of frustration

Russic
02-12-2008, 10:30 AM
wow . . . might have to actually use the buttons that don't require strumming for those solo sections. I'm almost at green grass but not quite. drumming for that bloody song was brutal enough.

Flaming Choy
02-12-2008, 10:50 AM
wow . . . might have to actually use the buttons that don't require strumming for those solo sections. I'm almost at green grass but not quite. drumming for that bloody song was brutal enough.

that's a brilliant idea!!! I've been using the GH3 guitar so totally forgot about those (don't like the feel of the rb guitar). I'm pretty sure I failed when i panicked and frantically strummed all the hammer-ons. Quick question though, using the no-strum buttons, so you still have to strum the previous note before pulling hammer-ons or can u just tap everything?

SarichFan
02-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Wait, if you use the little buttons you don't need to strum?? what the deuce?

Flaming Choy
02-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Wait, if you use the little buttons you don't need to strum?? what the deuce?

for the solo part, i think you don't need to strum, at least that's what i heard, i'll try at home tonight.

PowerPlayoffs06
02-12-2008, 03:47 PM
well i've hit a roadblock on expert guitar mode. i was doing good until all the songs started requiring a crapload of hammer ons and my fingers just don't have the dexterity to pull off the really fast ones. i also have a lot of trouble with the rapid strumming notes, i can never get the timing right when i try to flick the strumbar up and down. i'm pretty good with the timing using my standard down only method, but on expert the notes come way too fast to do it that way

sucks, i was having a lot of fun playing it and now i've just hit a wall of frustration

I'm having the exact same problem, except only on Hard difficulty. :bag:
The hammer ons just kill me when it comes to solos. I'm usually pretty good with the rhythm parts of songs, but the solos just own me. Suffergette City is killing me in the Guitar Solo.

The wife and I are doing the Band World Tour and are at the point where we have to play Hard to win fans. It sucks too because since it's a solo, she can't do anything to save us when I fail.

burn_this_city
02-12-2008, 03:49 PM
My guitar broke about 45 songs into the 58 song set :mad:

My hand and eyes gave out after 40 songs.. Our wammy broke long before that.. The replacement policy is pretty decent though..

FlamesKickAss
02-12-2008, 04:04 PM
has anyone seen this game anywhere is calgary??? I want to pick it up and have some extra coin do to a surprise on the paycheck

GreenHardHat
02-12-2008, 10:16 PM
has anyone seen this game anywhere is calgary??? I want to pick it up and have some extra coin do to a surprise on the paycheck

I saw the 360 version at the HMV in chinook on the weekend. I would phone first to make sure they still have them.

GreenHardHat
02-12-2008, 10:24 PM
for the solo part, i think you don't need to strum, at least that's what i heard, i'll try at home tonight.

For the solo's (and big rock endings) you dont need to strum if you use the small neck buttons. You just need to tap the correct fret button as the note passes on the correct timing. It works similar to the hammer on sections, but you dont need to hit any previous notes for it to work.

BTW... I freaking hate this weeks DLC. I was really hoping for better cause Im hosting a big ol' rock band party this weekend. Ugh.

Flaming Choy
02-13-2008, 12:33 AM
ok, tried the solo buttons for those 2 songs, still freaking impossible. I give up on expert, no way that's humanly possible. Time to work on drums i guess.

Gravitykillr
02-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I was the downtown HMV today and they had about 9 copies of RB selling for $199.99

FlamesKickAss
02-13-2008, 09:17 PM
I was the downtown HMV today and they had about 9 copies of RB selling for $199.99

hmmm the thing that sucks is when it is in stock at future shop it is 169

Gravitykillr
02-13-2008, 09:19 PM
I bought mine from Superstore for $199 as well, the logic being may as well pay $30 extra now instead of waiting 2 or 3 more months.

Flaming Choy
02-14-2008, 09:25 AM

also 169 at EB and walmart

photon
02-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Last time I was at Blockbuster they had a bunch too, check them and Rogers.

FlamesKickAss
02-15-2008, 09:05 AM
got the last one at shawnessy walmart!!!!! 169.83!!!!

Inferno
02-15-2008, 09:11 AM
I just bought mine on ToysRUs.ca for $169.99 with $7.99 shipping. Looks like they're still in stock for the 360 and PS3 too.