PDA

View Full Version : Gh3!

Fobby
10-28-2007, 02:04 PM
So it has been 3 hours, and I am not able to put it down... until my arm started hurting.

Anyone bought it today as well?

underGRADFlame
10-28-2007, 02:11 PM
let me be the first to say....:blink:

SarichFan
10-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Guitar Hero 3.. a game i've never played. I'd feel like an idiot using a toy guitar when you could just learn to use a real one.

I dunno.

J pold
10-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Let me be the second...:blink:

J pold
10-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Guitar Hero 3.. a game i've never played. I'd feel like an idiot using a toy guitar when you could just learn to use a real one.

I hope this same mentality doesn’t exist in your attitude towards shooter games…

Azure
10-28-2007, 02:18 PM
I hope this same mentality doesn’t exist in your attitude towards shooter games…

ahahahahhaa....LOL!

FireFly
10-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Question for you... the Wii guitar is wireless, are the PS3 and Xbox guitars wireless as well?

underGRADFlame
10-28-2007, 02:20 PM

And right wing fear mongering rears its ugly head on CP!!!! :w00t:

SarichFan
10-28-2007, 02:22 PM

Don't be silly now... Unless there's a Zombie infestation them i'm totally looking for Shotgun.

It's not like in shooters you're sitting with a toy gun or anything. Playing faux guitars is just silly to me.

I'm sure it's fun, but unfortanetly I lack the self security to look like a moron doing it.

Fobby
10-28-2007, 02:28 PM
:( I need some "i like Guitar Hero" support here.

If you have never tried it, try it first. If you think you look silly playing it, look at all those ppl playing wario ware on the Wii. lol

Harbourmouth
10-28-2007, 02:37 PM
I pre-bought my copy of GH3 from Future Shop. According to my order history, it still hasn't sent. Anyone else have this problem?

Bobblehead
10-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Don't be silly now... Unless there's a Zombie infestation them i'm totally looking for Shotgun.

It's not like in shooters you're sitting with a toy gun or anything. Playing faux guitars is just silly to me.

I'm sure it's fun, but unfortanetly I lack the self security to look like a moron doing it.

But you are secure enough to jump into this thread and dump on the people who are enjoying it. You're a champ.

Dope-AS-Fack
10-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Im sick of guitar hereo, people thinking they can play guitar just cause of it

Ill just say, i use the hardest controller, no 5 buttons 1 string for me, 24 frets 6 strings is where its at

Dont go to a party with my guitar and say "you got a tv I could use??"

Fobby
10-28-2007, 02:49 PM

I sure hope no one is saying they can play guitar just because of Guitar Hero. It's like saying I can dance because I know how to play DDR. That's just silly.

RougeUnderoos
10-28-2007, 03:01 PM

Ill just say, i use the hardest controller, no 5 buttons 1 string for me, 24 frets 6 strings is where its at

Wow, you must be Eddie Van Halen.

I don't play those racing games either, because there is a car right outside that I could drive. I own skates, so I don't bother with any of those video hockey games either.

Do you really take your guitar to parties? Everyone loves that.

REDVAN
10-28-2007, 03:04 PM
calm down everyone.

I have played guitar hero 2 once or twice and it was really fun. not enough for me to buy a ps3 or xbox360, but still fun. If I get a console I'd love to buy one of these games.

what are some of the new things in gh3??

RougeUnderoos
10-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Ha ha. Good point.

Here is the setlist:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,138987-c,games/article.html

Do you have to buy a whole new guitar or can you use the old one?

Fobby
10-28-2007, 03:09 PM
a new thing in battle is the ability to screw the other guy. You can send over items which breaks one of their buttons or raise their difficulty level.

Online Play is there as well.

SarichFan
10-28-2007, 03:13 PM
But you are secure enough to jump into this thread and dump on the people who are enjoying it. You're a champ.

C'mon I admited my personal downfall. Give me a break

If anything i'd get Rock Band due to the drums. Faux Drums, i'm secure enough for those.

burnin_vernon
10-28-2007, 04:06 PM
I didn't really understand the battle mode in sudden death. i kept winning agianst my friend but had no idea why.

I just beat the career mode and had a blast with the the finale. Cool stuff

Dope-AS-Fack
10-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Wow, you must be Eddie Van Halen.

I don't play those racing games either, because there is a car right outside that I could drive. I own skates, so I don't bother with any of those video hockey games either.

Do you really take your guitar to parties? Everyone loves that.

Lol well im in high school still, its just the little kids who when a song comes on "Oh I can play that song you know"

"Oh really you play guitar?"

"Well on guitar heroe I can!!"

Its 5 buttons and a little stick you move up and down, not hard

I went out of my way to learn laid to rest by lamb of god just to show these people how its really played

FurnaceFace
10-28-2007, 04:42 PM
I first played GH2 this summer when my nephew brought it for the summer get together. It was super fun. From the moment I found out they were making a Wii version I picked up a Wii and was waiting for today. I didn't get in on the pre-order train though so I'm left hunting for one. Seems like the Wii version is the hot seller as nobody seems to have it in stock.

It's just a good clean fun game, nothing more.

bigtmac19
10-28-2007, 04:48 PM
:( I need some "i like Guitar Hero" support here.

If you have never tried it, try it first. If you think you look silly playing it, look at all those ppl playing wario ware on the Wii. lol

Everywhere we tried to buy it today for the Wii it was sold out. We have it for PS2.
It's fun. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. I'm old and I think it's fun

KevanGuy
10-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Can you use the PS2 guitar from GH2? Or do you have to buy a new one?

RougeUnderoos
10-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Lol well im in high school still, its just the little kids who when a song comes on "Oh I can play that song you know"

"Oh really you play guitar?"

"Well on guitar heroe I can!!"

Its 5 buttons and a little stick you move up and down, not hard

I went out of my way to learn laid to rest by lamb of god just to show these people how its really played

High school, eh? I think that's about the right time to stop trying to show up little kids.

Muta
10-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Just got it!

My GHII skills are coming into play... i'm whizzing through it on expert lol!

CrispyGriz
10-28-2007, 05:03 PM
I got GH2 and am now totally stumped in the 6th set of expert songs. For that reason alone, im going to have to GH3 so i can start enjoying the game again. Plus the song list looks sweet.

vodafone_b
10-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Just bought the Wii version of GH3 at bestbuy northland.
More like an upgrade to GH2, and still very fun with the guitar controller! Awesome song list so far.

and I see lots of anti-GH ppl from the above postings. I really don't know why.
It is just a game that you play to have fun, eveyrone plays it for fun, not to learn real electric guitar skills

It is like saying people playing Halo to learn how to save the world from destruction
or playing Zelda to pratice your dungeon crawling skills, or playing NHL 08 to learn Iggy's wristshot..........:rolleyes:

Dope-AS-Fack
10-28-2007, 05:10 PM
High school, eh? I think that's about the right time to stop trying to show up little kids.

All the little kids are in high school....its scary how little grade 10's are now

Id be scared for your future

Fobby
10-28-2007, 05:11 PM
... ouch.. i just got owned hard online...

SaprykinPWNSjoo
10-28-2007, 06:04 PM
I can now officially say i am better at guitar then the devil!!!!

Wii guitar hero is so fun. Beat it on easy scared to start at medium 1 more button is going to be the downfall for me!! If your looking for wii I got mine at block buster check there!!

burnin_vernon
10-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Does anybody find this considerably tougher than GH2? I can only play on the "hard" setting with "play with me" being the only song I couldn't finish. I got to "one" on hard and got my ass kicked at the solo. I only tried it once but I can't see myself beating it. There's stuff playing on hard that had previously been saved for expert levels (ie. 3 note "split" chords). Yikes.

corporatejay
10-28-2007, 07:15 PM
bought it for wii, love it!

sadly i have a paper due tuesday :@

burnin_vernon
10-28-2007, 09:59 PM
bought it for wii, love it!

sadly i have a paper due tuesday :@

i don't see how the two are related :P

LockedOut
10-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Can you use the PS2 guitar from GH2? Or do you have to buy a new one?
Yes. I'm 99% sure it's backward compatible.

Ozy_Flame
10-29-2007, 08:16 AM
My PS2 Guitar works on GH3, they'd be incredibly stupid not to have that functionality.

One of the best parts of the game is the new "battle" modes you can have in Career with Tom Morello and Slash. Those are hella fun, simply because the better you crunch, the more you can burn the other guy! haha....I spent over an hour yesterday trying to out-do Morello, that ****** is a crazy axeman...

JayP
10-29-2007, 08:47 AM
It's a great game, that's for sure, but it's kind of disappointing to see how ridiculous online console gaming is.

I mean, is it really necessary for a game like Guitar Hero 3 to have online multiplayer? You could just have the game come up with random AI for any multiplayer mode and it would achieve the exact same result. It's not like a FPS where AI can't replicate a human's thought process. My main complaint with this is that the game is essentially the same as GH2 aside from the battles and online. In my opinion, the developer's time would've been much better spent on something other than online.

It's also pretty hilarious to see people on GameFAQs.com's Wii board actually complaining about the graphics. It's a shame the videogame industry has gotten to the point where people think graphics mean more than gameplay.

burn_this_city
10-30-2007, 05:44 PM
I bought it on sunday.. I've been a complete junky since then.. I think its significantly harder than number two.. Watch out when you buy the xbox version, I ended up with a hobo white guitar because I didnt read the package when I grabbed the last copy off the shelf.. Anyone else beat Fire & Flames on hard?? Holy crap that was tough..

FireFly
10-30-2007, 05:45 PM
I can't find a Wii version anywhere. Lame.

Bertuzzied
10-30-2007, 06:03 PM
I can't find a Wii version anywhere. Lame.

I just bought 4 wii guitars from 3 different Roger's Videos in the NW here.

BlackArcher101
10-30-2007, 06:12 PM
So in everyone's opinion, would it be better to wait for Rock Band or just bite the bullet and get GH3. It can't be both for me. For the Wii by the way.

burn_this_city
10-30-2007, 06:34 PM
I'd wait for rock band if you can only get one.. just a note, rock band is $225+ verses $88 for gh3..

McG
10-30-2007, 11:48 PM
So in everyone's opinion, would it be better to wait for Rock Band or just bite the bullet and get GH3. It can't be both for me. For the Wii by the way.

If you can only get one...get rock band. rock band will come with one guitar in the original kit; since the guitar is backwards compatible you will be able to get a copy of gh3 used at eb for cheap.

i am surprised how many people dumped on gh in this thread; sure i get that it isn't everyone's cup of tea, especially some of the music on there, but everyone that i know that has actually spent time with the game loves it.

i didn't pre order gh3 because i wasn't sure if i would get both rock band and gh3, but now that gh3 is out i'd like to play...so i will probably buy both. good thing i consider it a "hobby".

Ro
10-30-2007, 11:52 PM
i am surprised how many people dumped on gh in this thread; sure i get that it isn't everyone's cup of tea, especially some of the music on there, but everyone that i know that has actually spent time with the game loves it.

Yeah, no kidding. Call me a loser or a nerd if you want, but I love Guitar Hero, and it (along with NHL 08) was the reason I sprung for a 360. It's a riot with a group of people and a few beers, and as much fun watching someone else play as it is to do it yourself. Lots of replay value (for me anyways), and GH3 was released at just the right time (I was just starting to get bored with some of the songs from GH2).

I picked up GH3 yesterday and have unlocked 15 or so songs so far. Great stuff.

Ro
10-30-2007, 11:55 PM

It depends. To get the most of either game you need to play with others, but GH requires you and a buddy, while RB needs 4 people in total. Also, GH plays well solo, not sure how RB plays in that regard.

But if you can spring for RB, and the guitar it comes with will work with GH, you can always get GH2/GH# sometime down the road used like the poster above suggested. That is a good idea.

Torture
10-31-2007, 01:01 AM
Only song I've got left on Hard is One (and dueling the devil of course). That solo is just ridiculous!

I play the actual guitar, but I still think Guitar Hero is a lot of fun.

Neeper
10-31-2007, 01:26 AM
Wow, I have loved every game recommended on this forum. Looks like I'm $100 poorer tomorrow.

MarchHare
10-31-2007, 07:49 AM

I bet you're the coolest kid in your school too, right?

I've been playing real guitar for 15 years and own three guitars with a combined value of over $4000. I still think Guitar Hero is a crazy-fun game. The "why don't you just learn how to play a real guitar" line is ridiculous. GH is a great series of games, whether you know how to play guitar or not.

I picked up GH3 last night for the Xbox 360. Only played for an hour or two, but my impressions so far:

- the new wireless Les Paul controller is HUGELY improved over the wired X-Plorer that came with GH2. The strum bar is quieter, and the fret buttons have better action. Also, they adjusted the placement of the green "Xbox Menu" button...I was always hitting it by accident in GH2, but that issue seems to have been fixed.

- this is personal preference, but I like the setlist better so far (I got as far as the fourth set). After I beat GH2, there were maybe only 5-6 songs that I enjoyed going back to play. There's at least that many that I enjoy in GH3, and I'm only half-way through!

- I don't like the new-look Judy Nails; she just looks like a huge skank now, whereas in GH2 she had more of a punkrock-girl look.

I'll post more impressions later.

Ozy_Flame
10-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Only song I've got left on Hard is One (and dueling the devil of course). That solo is just ridiculous!

I play the actual guitar, but I still think Guitar Hero is a lot of fun.

That one is ridiculous, I can't get past it - I can barely even do it on the Slowest practice setting!!

burn_this_city
10-31-2007, 08:28 AM
That one is ridiculous, I can't get past it - I can barely even do it on the Slowest practice setting!!

Just wait until you try Fire and Flames by DragonForce.. I barely made it through with 67% accuracy..

bigtmac19
10-31-2007, 08:29 AM
Where we live absolutely everywhere is already sold out of the Wii version. Hopefully, it won't be as difficult to get as it was for the Wii itself.

Fobby
10-31-2007, 08:36 AM
i can barely play this game in medium.......... how do you guys move your fingers so fast?

fredr123
10-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Where we live absolutely everywhere is already sold out of the Wii version. Hopefully, it won't be as difficult to get as it was for the Wii itself.

We had trouble getting a wii version too. Westbrook Walmart had a ton for each system as of Monday night.

ernie
10-31-2007, 09:04 AM

The only place I've seen that isn't sold out of the gutiar/game combo are some Walmart stores and that's only because they have the poorer XPlorer guitar in the package instead of the new one.

burn_this_city
10-31-2007, 09:10 AM
The only place I've seen that isn't sold out of the gutiar/game combo are some Walmart stores and that's only because they have the poorer XPlorer guitar in the package instead of the new one.

Yah I ended up with a shabby white x-plorer.. I didnt realize they would still offer a wired version until I got it home.. Ive played both guitars and the difference is pretty negligable..

JayP
10-31-2007, 09:15 AM
I just bought 4 wii guitars from 3 different Roger's Videos in the NW here.

The guitars by themselves or the entire bundle? I thought that they weren't making any single guitars yet...

And between Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3 I'd probably stick with Guitar Hero unless you have a bunch of friends you'd be constantly playing with (like roommates). Regardless, the near $150 price difference is still a lot to overcome.

Even so, I think Rock Band is over-hyped. I can't see the drumming being anything special. Just looking at the kit they give you it's pretty disappointing that there's not even a symbol (not a real one, but a pad mounted higher than the snares, toms, etc. like a real symbol). That really kills the immersion factor for me. I don't have a lot of interest in the singing in the game either.

The set-list seems pretty weak in comparison to Guitar Hero 3 as well. There's about 20 less songs on it by my count. I guess there's downloadable content, but to me that's a pretty cheesy way to make money especially for a $225 game. Since the downloads are full albums generally I could see them charging you $10 for them which is brutal.

Rock Band does have some things that Guitar Hero lacks (better career mode, guitar effects), but I don't see it being worth the price difference.

bigtmac19
10-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Thanks for all the tips to find the Wii bundle guys!
I should have clarified, where I live is in Ontario.

I tried all the Wal-Marts, Best Buys, Future Shops, EB Games, etc. etc. in our area.

My own fault, I should have gone and stood in line on Sunday morning.

I didn't think the Wii version would sell out as fast for some reason, so that's my mistake.

They all say they will be getting more in a week or so. Hopefully that's so.

Bertuzzied
10-31-2007, 09:33 AM
The guitars by themselves or the entire bundle? I thought that they weren't making any single guitars yet...

And between Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3 I'd probably stick with Guitar Hero unless you have a bunch of friends you'd be constantly playing with (like roommates). Regardless, the near $150 price difference is still a lot to overcome.

Even so, I think Rock Band is over-hyped. I can't see the drumming being anything special. Just looking at the kit they give you it's pretty disappointing that there's not even a symbol (not a real one, but a pad mounted higher than the snares, toms, etc. like a real symbol). That really kills the immersion factor for me. I don't have a lot of interest in the singing in the game either.

The set-list seems pretty weak in comparison to Guitar Hero 3 as well. There's about 20 less songs on it by my count. I guess there's downloadable content, but to me that's a pretty cheesy way to make money especially for a $225 game. Since the downloads are full albums generally I could see them charging you $10 for them which is brutal.

Rock Band does have some things that Guitar Hero lacks (better career mode, guitar effects), but I don't see it being worth the price difference.

It's the bundles. $89.99. I think the rogers in Silversprings still have some left.

Flaming Choy
10-31-2007, 09:37 AM

Just so you know, Rock Band hasn't been announced for the wii, so just get GH3 for now, and wait a year for rockband to hit the wii.

The frustrating thing for me is that the rock band guitars don't work on GH and i don't want to have 3-4 guitars. I'm just gonna hope that GH3 releases a patch to support the rock band guitars.

Jagger
10-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Well glad to see that some people here didn't dump on the game. I was starting to wonder when first reading this thread.

GH2 was really fun game to play on the 360 and I'm secure enough, at my age, to play with a plastic toy guitar. If you have a problem with it then your insecurities are shining through. Oh, and I think I read somewhere that a lot of the Flames players are huge GH players too. Fancy that!

GH3 or Rock Band? I'm not sure yet. I'm going to read all of the reviews etc. before making a decision on this.

RyZ
10-31-2007, 10:25 AM
I picked up the Wii version last night (lucked out at Canyon Meadows Blockbuster) and had a blast with my friends and my wife all night long. Best setlist of the GH games by far. Bonus songs by Kaiser Cheifs, Lacuna Coil and Dragonforce are ace too.

Rhettzky
10-31-2007, 10:42 AM
That Slayer tune "Raining Blood" is hurting my brain, I can't imagine even attempting it on anything but easy mode.

MarchHare
10-31-2007, 11:04 AM
That Slayer tune "Raining Blood" is hurting my brain, I can't imagine even attempting it on anything but easy mode.

If you're just learning how to play Guitar Hero for the first time, you're making a HUGE mistake by starting on Easy mode. I know this seems a little counter-intuitive, but you'll be much better served in the long run if you skip Easy completely and learn how to play on Medium. You need to start using your pinky as quickly as possible, but since Easy only uses the green, red, and yellow buttons, using all four fingers isn't required.

By the same token, the jump from Med-Hard is also pretty intense, since it adds the orange button and requires you to move your hand to multiple positions. I wouldn't suggest a new player start on Hard, though, but it can be really challenging for someone who has mastered Medium to make the jump to the next difficulty level.

RyZ
10-31-2007, 01:19 PM
I finally beat "Through Fire and Flames" (Dragonforce) on easy and it was the best workout I've had in some time. I was sweating so much that halfway through I had my wife remove my glasses on the fly so I could see. Insane.

burn_this_city
10-31-2007, 01:31 PM
I finally beat "Through Fire and Flames" (Dragonforce) on easy and it was the best workout I've had in some time. I was sweating so much that halfway through I had my wife remove my glasses on the fly so I could see. Insane.

That song is awesome.. its so intense that the actual band has trouble playing it properly at live shows.. I'm glad they give you one pass through it during the credits that you can't fail on.. Otherwise I dunno how long I'd still be at it..

Saint Troy
10-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Absolutely love the game, got hooked on GH2 in the summer at a friends party, and immediately purchased the next day. Picked up GH3 on Sunday, the new wireless guitar is a nice improvement, and the setlist is a blast, though the Dragonforce song is pure evil.

Indi
10-31-2007, 02:11 PM
just came back from the new north Costco, they have GH3 instock for both PS and Xbox360....fyi

burnin_vernon
10-31-2007, 04:11 PM
I think it really sucks that you can't play the Boss battle songs against a buddy. I wanna play Devil went down to Georgia against someone!

Ro
10-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Juts played for a couple hours. Some more thoughts:

-What is up with the notes that have a faintly glowing white bar on them? They don't seem to be anything. Must mean something though.

-The new venues are awesome. The crowd really gets animated, and there are more individual differences in the crowd motions, helping to create a crazier atmosphere.

-Battles are just OK. Seem to be having some trouble firing them off at my opponent at the right time, and they fire off with the slightest movement upwards of the guitar. I'm sure that will get better with time though.

-Some truly awesome songs, and almost all of them are fun to play. Bulls On Parade, Lay Down (probably my favorite so far), Miss Murder, Holiday In Cambodia, My Name is Jonas...all kickass GH songs. And I have plenty more to unlock.

-It seems like almost all of the songs have the original artists singing them- which is a huge improvement over the last one. Killing In The Name and Infected in GH2, two completely wicked songs, kind of sucked because the singing was so bad. Big props to the developers for getting that fixed.

Torture
10-31-2007, 04:42 PM
-Some truly awesome songs, and almost all of them are fun to play. Bulls On Parade, Lay Down (probably my favorite so far), Miss Murder, Holiday In Cambodia, My Name is Jonas...all kickass GH songs. And I have plenty more to unlock.

I gotta so that my favourite song to play is Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson. The riff is just so catchy.

Cliche
10-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Well glad to see that some people here didn't dump on the game. I was starting to wonder when first reading this thread.

GH2 was really fun game to play on the 360 and I'm secure enough, at my age, to play with a plastic toy guitar. If you have a problem with it then your insecurities are shining through. Oh, and I think I read somewhere that a lot of the Flames players are huge GH players too. Fancy that!

GH3 or Rock Band? I'm not sure yet. I'm going to read all of the reviews etc. before making a decision on this.

There's an article in the Oct 29th Sun about GH3 buried in the sports pages. Apparently Robyn Regehr is the big culprit here, and during one of the get togethers, the players and players wives wound up being in 2 different areas of the house, with the wives upstairs, and the players downstairs, all waiting to get a crack at it.

However, he's waiting for Rock Band just due to the drum kit.

At least no one has gone down with a shoulder injury due to repetition, like a Detroit Tigers player did. http://www.startribune.com/459/story/1510238.html

burnin_vernon
10-31-2007, 05:36 PM

-What is up with the notes that have a faintly glowing white bar on them? They don't seem to be anything. Must mean something though.

these are notes that you can hammer on/pull off. Try it on My Name Is Jonah to really see it

burn_this_city
10-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Hammer ons are the whiteish notes that go by.. you can play them without using the strummer aslong as you hit the last note before it.. They are critical for passing the harder songs on the high levels..
I agree that they definately improved the songs for this version.. My biggest complaint with number 2 was the horrible singing for alot of the tunes.. Atleast these for the most part appear to be the original songs by the bands themselves.. My fav songs so far are Cliffs of Dover, and One.. Ive already gone on and on earlier about Through the Fire and Flames which I think is the best song in the whole game.. Definately a better song list overall..

mgsimpleton
10-31-2007, 08:06 PM
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070509

sums up the mood of the thread

McG
11-01-2007, 09:29 PM
i snagged mine at costco in edmonton 149th street tonight. gotta get some work done on the PC and then...its all rock and roll!

BlackArcher101
11-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Damn, I keep working past store closing hours... curses. I want the chance to look for this.

Neeper
11-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Damn, I keep working past store closing hours... curses. I want the chance to look for this.
Me too, I tried to rush home before the stores closed to get one. But I haven't been able to find one anywhere for 360. :(

FireFly
11-03-2007, 08:07 PM
My wrists hurt. Wow. I can't seem to beat Slash though. I need rest.

Gravitykillr
11-04-2007, 07:06 PM
bought it last night and within 4 hours beat the easy mode easy to see how it can become addicting, I'm looking at getting GH2 because it's got my songs on it that I like......My Name is Jonas, and One were hightlights and alot of fun.

Torture
11-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Haha, we were at the Back Alley last night. Requested Through the Fire and Flames because they're pretty much the only bar that could pull off playing it. We were told that the manager doesn't like Dragonforce so they're not allowed to play them. :whaa:

Sparks
11-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Anyone else stuck on Raining Blood (Slayer) on hard? I honestly think someone at the game company is laughing about it. That part after the beginning isn't hard, it's ######ed hard.

Fun game though. You guys should try Impulse (bonus track). It's a pretty neat song.

Torture
11-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Anyone else stuck on Raining Blood (Slayer) on hard? I honestly think someone at the game company is laughing about it. That part after the beginning isn't hard, it's ######ed hard.

Fun game though. You guys should try Impulse (bonus track). It's a pretty neat song.

Haha. I passed it second time but I played it again the other day and failed. You really have to make sure that you get the first 2 star power sections. After the opening solo it's not TOO bad.

phaneuf_train
11-04-2007, 08:53 PM
So I just picked this up for the 360 and it isn't really working for me. Only the first not I press will work but then after that it doesn't work at all. I can see im pressing the button but it isn't working. Any suggestions?
EDIT: I think I have to strum. I guess im a Guitar Hero n00b!

FireFly
11-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Well I finally beat Slash. You all make me sick how you can beat it all on hard.

phaneuf_train
11-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Maybe its just because im used to playing the demo, but it is alot easier to use the controller than the guitar. I guess 10 minutes of using the guitar isn't much practise though.

MaxPower
11-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Maybe its just because im used to playing the demo, but it is alot easier to use the controller than the guitar. I guess 10 minutes of using the guitar isn't much practise though.

hahaha I would like to see that. Although on second thought, playing a mini guitar is pretty laughable in itself.

The DragonForce song is awesome, I can beat it on Hard but can only get 1% on Expert. Fun!

Frequitude
11-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Any Nov. 5 updates on where to get the wireless guitar/game bundle for the wii?

bigtmac19
11-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Slightly ticked off today!!! I was checking Best Buy online all last week for GH III for Wii. Everytime I went on there, the price as been listed as $89.99.
Now today when I went on, all of a sudden the list price is $109.99. What the HECK is up with that. Does anybody know what's going on with this?

FireFly
11-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Any Nov. 5 updates on where to get the wireless guitar/game bundle for the wii?

I got mine at a Roger's Video. The one in Forest Lawn to be precise. Maybe try your local video store.

Frequitude
11-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Damn! I've been phoning all over the city all day and no luck thus far
Zellers - nope
Best Buy - nope
Toys R Us - nope
most Rogers - nope

Any random sightings?

Frequitude
11-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Or any, off-the-beaten-path gaming/electronics store to try?

Fobby
11-06-2007, 05:45 PM
blockbuster? wal-mart?

McG
11-06-2007, 09:05 PM
try costco or costco.com.

phaneuf_train
11-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Walmart had a lot when I was there 2 days ago. Seen lots of people in the store walking around with gth3 though. Might be gone by now.

BlackArcher101
11-07-2007, 12:19 AM
I keep finding it for the ps3 or 360... but nooo, not a wii version in sight.

CrispyGriz
11-07-2007, 04:26 AM
Where are you finding them for the 360?? i was looking on Thursday last week and couldn't find any.

BlackArcher101
11-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Where are you finding them for the 360?? i was looking on Thursday last week and couldn't find any.
Friday and Tuesday Best Buy in South Common had quite a few.

MaxPower
11-07-2007, 09:02 AM

Just pay attention if you find them in Wal-Mart because they are selling a bundle that comes with the wired guitar from GHII for $10 cheaper. The wireless (black) controller is a lot nicer.

BlAcKNoVa
11-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Slight threadjack (still game related though)...

Has anyone seen any Call of Duty 4's for the Xbox 360 anywhere?? People in the States have been playing this for 2 or 3 days now. What, do we live in the arctic or something??? I want to play this thing online, NOW!

*EDIT* Finally, after 2 days of calling everywhere EB Games at Marlborough has it. /leaves

Torture
11-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Finally beat One on Hard.

I'm just past Pride and Joy on Expert....pretty much screwed for the next set though, lol.

Oil Stain
11-07-2007, 11:20 AM
The "why don't you just learn how to play a real guitar" line is ridiculous. GH is a great series of games, whether you know how to play guitar or not.

Yea that's a pretty crazy way to look at things IMO. I mean with guitar hero you can whip out a badass solo in a couple of hours of playing. To learn how to play a guitar really well takes years.

It's meant to be fun for those people that don't have the time or inclination to learn how to play a real guitar. And really, that is what video games are all about.

KevanGuy
11-07-2007, 11:36 AM
I mean with guitar hero you can whip out a badass solo in a couple of hours of playing. To learn how to play a guitar really well takes years.

True, but I think people that can complete songs on expert (or even hard) should give a real guitar a go. If you can move your fingers that fast in coordination you shouldn't have too much of an issue with guitar.

fredr123
11-07-2007, 11:43 AM
http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/11/activision-sell.html

GH3 does $115 million in sales in its first week.

phaneuf_train
11-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Slight threadjack (still game related though)...

Has anyone seen any Call of Duty 4's for the Xbox 360 anywhere?? People in the States have been playing this for 2 or 3 days now. What, do we live in the arctic or something??? I want to play this thing online, NOW!

*EDIT* Finally, after 2 days of calling everywhere EB Games at Marlborough has it. /leaves
How is it?

phaneuf_train
11-08-2007, 01:06 PM
New FooFighter and Velvet Revolver song packs are out for 500 M$ Points for the 360 version.

foofighter15
11-08-2007, 01:09 PM
New FooFighter and Velvet Revolver song packs are out for 500 M$ Points for the 360 version.
When I saw that earlier I decided its time for me to buy GH3. I'll probably buy the foo fighter pack before the game:D
Pretender, All my Life and I'll Stick Around? this is gonna be awesome

Fobby
11-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Wii needs to get on that train :(

Flaming Choy
11-08-2007, 03:17 PM
also announced that the 3 battle songs will be a free download later this month so they can be played outside of career mode.

BlackArcher101
11-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Wii needs to get on that train :(

Sadly it won't until the storage space is expanded. A poor choice by them in my opinion. Unless they were thinking of releasing a 5GB Wii and plan on trying to have everyone buy one that bought an original.

Ro
11-08-2007, 04:42 PM

OMFG!!! I am experiencing the same thing. I must have failed this song like 30 times, every time at ~36% (halfway through the insane solo).

Even when I hit those first two start power sequences, and unleash it during that solo, I still can't get it. Even in practice mode, I can't hit more than 50% of the notes during that section.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:AHHH:w00t:HHHHH:w00t :HHHH:w00t:HHHHHH!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t: :w00t:

Torture
11-08-2007, 04:53 PM
[quote=Ro;1061032]OMFG!!! I am experiencing the same thing. I must have failed this song like 30 times, every time at ~36% (halfway through the insane solo).

Even when I hit those first two start power sequences, and unleash it during that solo, I still can't get it. Even in practice mode, I can't hit more than 50% of the notes during that section./quote]

man, if you think that solo is ridiculous, just wait 'till you hit the
solo in One.

My roommate is up to cliffs of dover on expert....that just looks ridiculous (although it's such a sweet song)

Fobby
11-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Sadly it won't until the storage space is expanded. A poor choice by them in my opinion. Unless they were thinking of releasing a 5GB Wii and plan on trying to have everyone buy one that bought an original.

I wish I can just stick in a 2gb usb in it and read from that... there needs to be a patch out to do be able to allow that imo..

and this slayer song.... err...... fingers can't move that fast.

I_H8_Crawford
11-10-2007, 03:11 PM
I can;t beat the freaking Devil in Hard!!!!!

SOOOOOOOOO Frustrating!!!!

Fobby
11-11-2007, 10:16 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LJtc2c6sZHs

haha

Jagger
11-11-2007, 11:06 AM
How good are some of you to be taking this game on on hard? Medium is too much for me at times. Any tips for a relative newbie at this?

MarchHare
11-11-2007, 11:27 AM
How good are some of you to be taking this game on on hard? Medium is too much for me at times. Any tips for a relative newbie at this?

Practice, practice, practice.

That really is all there is to it. Be ready for a big jump in difficulty between Medium and Hard, though. The addition of the Orange fret and the faster scrolling speed is like a double kick in the nuts.

I finally finished all of Tier 8 last night (on Hard), minus the boss fight with Lou that I really have no desire to complete. Spending over an hour to beat Slayer's "Raining Blood" was the ultimate exercise in frustration. If you don't perfectly hit the first two star power sections, it's game over, and then you have to play through the long, easy, and yawn-inducing intro again to get back to the hard part. I really hate games that require such a tight level of precision with zero margin for error. That song ranks right up there with the snipertown level in Medal of Honor as being an unpleasant experience in an otherwise enjoyable game.

if.away
11-11-2007, 11:31 AM
From the latest GH3 South Park.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gn7w_uaGh1o

Rhetts_the_Best
11-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I sure hope no one is saying they can play guitar just because of Guitar Hero. It's like saying I can dance because I know how to play DDR. That's just silly.

I don't think they do
i love guitar hero im not to bad too ( beat expert)
i also play guitar and that's ten times better, but it does annoy me that people say it harder in guitar hero than in real guitar, cause its not even close!

Rhetts_the_Best
11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
[quote=Ro;1061032]OMFG!!! I am experiencing the same thing. I must have failed this song like 30 times, every time at ~36% (halfway through the insane solo).

Even when I hit those first two start power sequences, and unleash it during that solo, I still can't get it. Even in practice mode, I can't hit more than 50% of the notes during that section./quote]

man, if you think that solo is ridiculous, just wait 'till you hit the
solo in One.

My roommate is up to cliffs of dover on expert....that just looks ridiculous (although it's such a sweet song)

It's not too hard just loads of hammerons, i can get around 85 percent on it

Rhetts_the_Best
11-11-2007, 08:41 PM

-The new venues are awesome. The crowd really gets animated, and there are more individual differences in the crowd motions, helping to create a crazier atmosphere.

-Battles are just OK. Seem to be having some trouble firing them off at my opponent at the right time, and they fire off with the slightest movement upwards of the guitar. I'm sure that will get better with time though.

-It seems like almost all of the songs have the original artists singing them- which is a huge improvement over the last one. Killing In The Name and Infected in GH2, two completely wicked songs, kind of sucked because the singing was so bad. Big props to the developers for getting that fixed.

The notes with jsut white on them are hammer ons, once you hit the note with the black around it you can hit the note with no lines around with otu picking it takes a while to get used to i would recomend goint to tutorials for it!

corporatejay
11-11-2007, 08:45 PM
this is better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfXhKfT9ofc&NR=1

metallicat
11-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Is there any way to play the Devil Went Down To Georgia without having to battle the boss? I just want to play the song by itself, but I can't find where to do so.

bigtmac19
11-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Is there any way to play the Devil Went Down To Georgia without having to battle the boss? I just want to play the song by itself, but I can't find where to do so.

No you have to battle the boss in order to play the song

Ro
11-13-2007, 08:25 PM
No you have to battle the boss in order to play the song

Maybe not...

Go here:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/guitarheroiii/hints.html

and use the "unlock all songs" code...perhaps that song will be available to practice then?

Also, from www.guitarhero3.org:

"Additionally, later in November, the Boss Battle anthems will be available, free of charge. Originally composed music by Slash and Tom Morello along with “The Devil Went Down to Georgia ” can be downloaded to play outside of Career mode."

metallicat
11-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Excellent news.

Ro
11-13-2007, 08:39 PM
nm

McG
11-13-2007, 10:47 PM
the wife and i finished the career coop on easy...

and i finished the easy career but i have been playing the medium most of the time. i had heard about the boss song at the end and wanted to play it...its more fun than i thought it would be.

i actually get a hoot playing the poison song from stage 1. lots of energy.

bigtmac19
11-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Maybe not...

Go here:

and use the "unlock all songs" code...perhaps that song will be available to practice then?

Also, from www.guitarhero3.org: (http://www.guitarhero3.org:)

"Additionally, later in November, the Boss Battle anthems will be available, free of charge. Originally composed music by Slash and Tom Morello along with “The Devil Went Down to Georgia ” can be downloaded to play outside of Career mode."

Cool, thanks!

AC
11-14-2007, 12:09 PM
When I saw that earlier I decided its time for me to buy GH3. I'll probably buy the foo fighter pack before the game:D
Pretender, All my Life and I'll Stick Around? this is gonna be awesome

Off topic, but...

Clearly you're a big Foo Fighter fan, so I was wondering how you feel about their stance on HIV/AIDS? I find it embarrassingly ignorant and dangerous and has been the reason I can't consider myself a fan of theirs anymore.

http://www.alternet.org/story/326/
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1429021/20000406/foo_fighters.jhtml

In 2000, the band generated controversy through their public support of Alive & Well (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alive_%26_Well_AIDS_Alternatives), an organization that denies the link between HIV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV) and AIDS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS), questions the validity of HIV tests, and advises against taking medication to counter the disease.

BlackArcher101
11-14-2007, 12:09 PM
For anyone looking for GH3 for the Wii, there are 2 left on futureshop.ca

edit: Been there for 3 minutes now

bigtmac19
11-14-2007, 12:50 PM
For anyone looking for GH3 for the Wii, there are 2 left on futureshop.ca

edit: Been there for 3 minutes now

Thanks, by the time I read this and checked they were already sold out. I order one directly from the Red Octane website and they were supposed to ship out today. I went to check my order status today and it says it is on backorder, so who knows how much longer. I am getting frustrated:(

Inferno
11-15-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm having some trouble getting the guitar to connect. Can anyone give me a rundown on what you need to do? I've tried shutting off the 360, turning on the guitar, turning on the 360, and then pressing the connect button but the 360 doesn't seem to detect it.

Sparks
11-15-2007, 05:39 PM
There might be something wrong with your controller. I think we just turned on the XBOX, pushed the connect button, and then after 30 seconds or something, it was ready to go.

metallicat
11-15-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm having some trouble getting the guitar to connect. Can anyone give me a rundown on what you need to do? I've tried shutting off the 360, turning on the guitar, turning on the 360, and then pressing the connect button but the 360 doesn't seem to detect it.I had trouble as well. What I did was put the guitar as close to the 360 as possible, and then followed the directions. After that, things worked fine.

What I am not impressed about, is the fact that the guitar takes AA batteries, rather than the same rechargeable system the controller has.

Inferno
11-15-2007, 05:51 PM
I figured the problem out. It should have been common sense right from the start but I needed to click the connect button on the 360 too. It seems to work fine now. Thanks for the suggestions.

Ro
11-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Bump for those of us going insane trying to beat Lou on hard or expert (from random game forum):

If you're having trouble with Lou on expert here is a very easy way to beat him. It's cheap, but I'm sure you're at the point that I was at where I didn't care how I beat him, i just wanted it done.

Like the poster before me said, the first power up he throws at you is luck of the draw. If it's broken string or whammy you're good, amp overload and lefty flip are the next worst, and double notes you're probably going to fail, just restart the song if that happens.

However if you survive his first attack (which if you've gotten this far in the game you should be able to) and your first attack is whammy then you've already won. A few seconds after you obtain your first attack there's a section where Lou has a long string of green notes. If you use whammy on him at the beginning of this section he fails on that attack alone. Then all you have to do is "finish him" by completing a much easier section of the song and you're done with expert. Good luck, hope this helps.

Ro
11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
OK, what I just posted above doesn't seem to work on "hard." Seems there isn't enough notes during that section of Lou's he speaks about to make him fail the song.

MF'NGDSOAB

I hate this game.

I think maybe you just have to survive the first battle section and then win it after maybe? problem is, I can never hit all three battle ups and if I manage to get through, I'm flashing red. Sigh. It's barely fun anymore!

MarchHare
11-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Meh, I just gave up (on Hard). The boss fights just aren't fun, period, so I saw no need to beat Lou. I finished all the other songs, so in my opinion, I've "beaten" the game.

Igottago
11-17-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm considering buying the game for the 360...I've never played it at all, but i'm a big music fan and an actual gutiar player..and going through all those classic rock songs seems like it would be a blast.

One question, what types of batteries does the wireless guitar for the xbox 360 take?

MarchHare
11-17-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm considering buying the game for the 360...I've never played it at all, but i'm a big music fan and an actual gutiar player..and going through all those classic rock songs seems like it would be a blast.

One question, what types of batteries does the wireless guitar for the xbox 360 take?

Two AAs...batteries are included. :)

burn_this_city
11-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Anyone else prefer the old guitar over the new one?? I just hate the round body it doesnt seem to fit quite as nice.. My friend and I have 6 songs left in expert and we've both switched to the older style..

Tyler
11-17-2007, 10:17 AM
My new guitar is not nearly as responsive when I want to switch to star power. I literally have to swing the thing around my neck 4 times before it changes modes

phaneuf_train
11-17-2007, 10:18 AM
My new guitar is not nearly as responsive when I want to switch to star power. I literally have to swing the thing around my neck 4 times before it changes modes
You on 360? Mine does it fine. You should buy it.

Rhetts_the_Best
11-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Anyone else prefer the old guitar over the new one?? I just hate the round body it doesnt seem to fit quite as nice.. My friend and I have 6 songs left in expert and we've both switched to the older style..

Wierd
I find the new guitar much better, it so much easier for me to pull of hammer on's i dont even need to srum the bar once im in the hammer ons "no hands":D

stuckinchuck
11-19-2007, 10:22 PM
So....where's the best place to buy this? Been casually looking lately and haven't seen it anywhere for xbox 360 or wii. I'm talking about the bundle with wireless controller, not just the game. Thanks.

Gravitykillr
11-23-2007, 05:06 PM
If anyone is looking for the wireless for the xbox360 they had 2 after I bought one, around 4:00pm this afternoon at the Rogers Video on Richmond Road by London Drugs

bigtmac19
11-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Does anyone have GH3 for Wii and has WiFi? If you want to play, please PM me with your friend code.

BlackArcher101
11-24-2007, 10:25 PM
After getting this game I've quickly realized I don't have the concentration required because I'm too tired from working too much.

It's disgustingly embarrassing.

Fobby
11-25-2007, 12:03 PM
nm

McG
11-25-2007, 08:11 PM
i have been spending alot of time in coop with this game.

you know what? i think i like the songs in GH2 better. and i wish they would bring out a rocking the 80s disk or download.

Ro
11-25-2007, 08:16 PM
you know what? i think i like the songs in GH2 better. and i wish they would bring out a rocking the 80s disk or download.

Like they did for PS2? No kididng! I would shell for that.

But I remember reading in the paper Activision was getting sued by one of the bands in the PS2 80's edition, so that's probably not gonna happen.

Sidenote- I came oohhhhhhh so close to beating the devil on hard tonight. Had him in yellow, before he slammed me with double notes about 3/4 of the way through. Needed to save up one more battle power-up and I would've had him. Also passed Aerosmith on expert, which had stumped me for a while. So a good night for me on GH3. lol

Ch40s
11-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Sidenote- I came oohhhhhhh so close to beating the devil on hard tonight. Had him in yellow, before he slammed me with double notes about 3/4 of the way through. Needed to save up one more battle power-up and I would've had him. Also passed Aerosmith on expert, which had stumped me for a while. So a good night for me on GH3. lol

Oh man.. I'm an anomally when it comes to this game. I can't even come close to beating the devil on hard, yet I'm working on Cult Of Personality on expert (working on that ridiculously long solo).

Also got to Psychobilly Freakout on expert on GH2 today :). How productive.

bigtmac19
11-26-2007, 05:02 PM
My 13 year old son just beat the devil on expert and is quite happy. Now working on upping his online stats.

Torture
11-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Oh man.. I'm an anomally when it comes to this game. I can't even come close to beating the devil on hard, yet I'm working on Cult Of Personality on expert (working on that ridiculously long solo).

Haha, that's like me as well. Can't for the life of me beat the devil. Not quite at Cult of Personality, but the same set that it's in.

REDVAN
11-29-2007, 05:19 PM
I didn't know they have this game for PC, so when I saw it today I had to buy it. I don't have the consoles, so that's the reason for the PC purchase.

Also it asks for some pretty stiff system requirements, which I am not sure I meet, but I have no trouble playing games that I'd think are much more visually demanding. Anyone have experience with this game on PC? I don't want to open it and find I can't play it, because of the dumb return policies that exist.

McG
11-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Like they did for PS2? No kididng! I would shell for that.

But I remember reading in the paper Activision was getting sued by one of the bands in the PS2 80's edition, so that's probably not gonna happen.

Its stupid...but check out why the romantics are suing. Its not because the song was in the game...the romantics were asked and approved the song. and they got paid for it. no, its nothing like that at all. its because the cover band that was used sounds too much like the romantics. so the band is suing the game makers, publishers, and even the cover band.

i like the romantics...but i lost a great deal of respect for them over this. and it isn't even as if this is the first time that their song was used either. it was used in karaoke revolution so they were well aware of licensing for a video game. brutal really.

on the rocking the 80s thing...i would really like to see a poll and people voting for songs...best songs get listed. i totally have the most fun on songs that i know...you can anticipate everything in the song. stuff i don't know i end up just pushing the buttons to the music instead of "playing" the song. right now...it looks like rock band is completely pwning guitar hero for download quality.

Nikki
11-30-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm looking for this for the Wii, anyone seen any around?

Frequitude
11-30-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm looking for this for the Wii, anyone seen any around?
People have been finding success at the Rogers Videos around the city, specifically the one near Westhills.

metallicat
11-30-2007, 05:44 PM
When playing with five colours, is it best to use three fingers, or four? I have read that three is best, but after playing with four fingers this entire time, it's a tough adjustment.

Sparks
11-30-2007, 05:54 PM
I definitely play with all four fingers 99% of the time. I think I end up dropping out the pinky so I'm using my three strongest fingers when there are continuous 16th notes (for example) and I'm going up and down the "fretboard" with a lot of hammer-ons/pull-offs in a solo. But that's pretty rare and only on a few songs. I've never really thought about it.

Just using three fingers seems weird to me. Do what works for you!

MissKat
11-30-2007, 05:56 PM
When playing with five colours, is it best to use three fingers, or four? I have read that three is best, but after playing with four fingers this entire time, it's a tough adjustment.

I play with one finger.

Bill Bumface
11-30-2007, 06:12 PM

How the F do you do that? Do you have to practice over and over and over?

I've been on "Woman" on hard for way too long, and the bridge/solo section just kills me.

CrispyGriz
11-30-2007, 07:38 PM
How the F do you do that? Do you have to practice over and over and over?

I've been on "Woman" on hard for way too long, and the bridge/solo section just kills me.

Woman is one of the top 5 hardest songs in the game. Why it is in the second set is beyond me. My buddy played that song for 3 hours straight trying to pass it with no luck. Learn how to do hammer ons, they are the key to limping through.

Ch40s
11-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Woman is one of the top 5 hardest songs in the game. Why it is in the second set is beyond me. My buddy played that song for 3 hours straight trying to pass it with no luck. Learn how to do hammer ons, they are the key to limping through.

Woman for me was just a small obstacle while I made my way through hard. The expert version isn't much of a jump from the hard version, and once you learn the tough parts (ie in practice), it should be easy.

I beat Guitar Hero II on expert a few days ago, and just today beat the devil and Through The Fire And Flames on hard, as well as got to the last set of songs on expert and beat Cliffs Of Dover and The Number Of The Beast.

Fun stuff.

Fobby
12-01-2007, 04:08 PM
... i am stuck on the devil on hard and the 5th set on expert :(

Tried to play Online, but why does everyone love to play Impulse and Through Fire and Flames so much... ON EXPERT!@

Sparks
12-01-2007, 11:33 PM
The devil's tough on hard/expert. I think the trick is to save up a bunch of attacks and then unleash them in a row. That worked pretty well for me.

I've been on "Woman" on hard for way too long, and the bridge/solo section just kills me. You're probably like me - I didn't know this trick for the longest time. For any part of a song that's hard: save your star power for that section. If you start your star power at the beginning of the hard part, it's pretty much impossible to lose (while it's still on). This makes the whole game way easier.

Engine09
12-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Just skimmed through this entire thread, haven't looked through it before.

Anyways, I played Guitar Hero for the frst time a few months ago and didn't really care for it, but I've decided to just go out and buy it since the girl I'm dating says she loves it. Plus my brother's kids are coming to visit and I'm sure they'll like it.

Looks like Future Shop & Best Buy are both sold out, did the online thing and also called WalMart. I'll probably call around a bit more in the morning and see if it can be found.

Two questions though, for the XBOX 360;

Which models of guitars are wireless? Just the black Gibson? Is there a Fender model out?

Do they sell guitars separately?

bigtmac19
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Just the Gibson.
Pretty sure they don't sell separately as of yet.

REDVAN
12-09-2007, 09:13 PM
I have been playing gh3, and easy is so darn easy... but medium is a big jump for me. I am not good at video games, nor am I musical in any way.

I have a buddy who can beat the dragonforce bonus on expert at 99% or something crazy. I almost shat myself when I saw him doing it.

MarchHare
12-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Two questions though, for the XBOX 360;

Which models of guitars are wireless? Just the black Gibson? Is there a Fender model out?

Do they sell guitars separately?

The black Les Paul is the only wireless guitar that works with the Guitar Hero series for Xbox. There's also a wired white X-Plorer (which was originally included with Guitar Hero II), but the Les Paul is significantly better in many respects.

You can buy the X-Plorers separately, but the Les Paul only comes with the GHIII bundle (at least for now).

There is a wireless Fender strat model -- it comes included with Rock Band. Unless you're planning to purchase the full Rock Band bundle (which also includes drums and a mic), I would avoid that fake guitar as I've heard nothing but bad things about it. It's also worth noting that the wireless Les Paul from Guitar Hero III does work with Rock Band, but the Fender guitar from RB does not work with GH.

McG
12-09-2007, 10:56 PM
The black Les Paul is the only wireless guitar that works with the Guitar Hero series for Xbox. There's also a wired white X-Plorer (which was originally included with Guitar Hero II), but the Les Paul is significantly better in many respects.

You can buy the X-Plorers separately, but the Les Paul only comes with the GHIII bundle (at least for now).

There is a wireless Fender strat model -- it comes included with Rock Band. Unless you're planning to purchase the full Rock Band bundle (which also includes drums and a mic), I would avoid that fake guitar as I've heard nothing but bad things about it. It's also worth noting that the wireless Les Paul from Guitar Hero III does work with Rock Band, but the Fender guitar from RB does not work with GH.

Not only that...but if you get the guitar from rock band, they are well aware that there are issues with the build quality. google rock band warranty and you will find that EA will be giving a free game (apparently) if your guitar breaks. the wireless is a great addition because you can wander around when playing.

I did also read that it is completely intentional that one guitar doesn't work in the other game. pointed fingers each blame the other guy but it sucks straight up.

i'm actually kinda desperate to get my hands on rock band...i reserved my copy at the start of november and desperately hoping that they get enough in to meet their pre orders.

Rhetts_the_Best
12-10-2007, 01:58 AM
Maybe not...

Go here:

Also, from www.guitarhero3.org: (http://www.guitarhero3.org:)

But thats only for ps3 x box wii right?

Engine09
12-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

So basically if I want the game with 2 wireless guitars then I'm forced to buy 2 bundles and have 2 copies of the game? Strange that they're not selling the wireless guitars separately.

The game does have a 2 player option, right?

Doesn't matter though, no one in town has them in stock. Just called a bunch of EB Games and Blockbusters.

If anyone is seeing them around town, post it up!

metal_geek
12-10-2007, 01:52 PM
We bought GH3 for the kids for christmas... Some buddies were over saturday night, 6 hours, and a bottle of rum later we, were dualing the devil, with an opened christmas gift...

Thankfully something else for the kids is bound to be easier to find...
________
Biggest boobs (http://www.####tube.com/categories/10/big-tits/videos/1)

FlamesKickAss
12-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

So basically if I want the game with 2 wireless guitars then I'm forced to buy 2 bundles and have 2 copies of the game? Strange that they're not selling the wireless guitars separately.

The game does have a 2 player option, right?

Doesn't matter though, no one in town has them in stock. Just called a bunch of EB Games and Blockbusters.

If anyone is seeing them around town, post it up!

I coulda swore I saw a wireless guitar that was seperate at best buy at deerfoot meadows, maybe not though

Inferno
12-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I coulda swore I saw a wireless guitar that was seperate at best buy at deerfoot meadows, maybe not though

I think the additional controllers for GH3 are suppose to be available sometime after Christmas.

CrispyGriz
12-10-2007, 05:08 PM
They will definitely sell you a second wireless controller, i just don't think you can get the black one that comes with the game. There is a white one that you can buy. Personally, i cant stand the wireless controllers, they seem to lag compared to the wired ones making the game infinitely harder as my timing is a full note off with them. I'm sure they are fine if you are used to them though.

McG
12-10-2007, 09:08 PM
http://www.redoctane.com/guitarhero2x-explorer.html

there is a single wired x-plorer guitar (for the 360) for $60 USD plus shipping and it is in stock. that's the official red octane store btw so you might get a bit lucky if you order directly from them.

in the past i bought ddr for the original xbox from the red octane store and had no probs with the order fwiw.

Nikki
12-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Was just at Walmart at the Deerfoot Outlet Mall and they have 30+ of these for 360...none for Wii tho.

Engine09
12-13-2007, 01:22 PM
30 of the game/guitar bundles?

The crappy thing is, if I'm going to buy the damn thing I want 2 wireless controllers. Looks like I have to buy 2 bundles and sell off the extra game.

Nikki
12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
30 of the game/guitar bundles?

The crappy thing is, if I'm going to buy the damn thing I want 2 wireless controllers. Looks like I have to buy 2 bundles and sell off the extra game.

Yep and they aren't in the case, they are stacked under some TV's and on the very top of the shelf the controllers are on.

MaxPower
12-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Was just at Walmart at the Deerfoot Outlet Mall and they have 30+ of these for 360...none for Wii tho.

This came up earlier but you gotta watch Wal-Mart because there were selling bundles that came with the wired guitar from GH2 instead of the new wireless guitar.

bigtmac19
12-13-2007, 01:30 PM
I ordered the Wii Bundle directly from Red Octane. When the package came I had to pay $43.74 duty to UPS. Red Octane had thrown in a couple of freebies, a guitar strap and keychain. I had noticed on the invoice it had mentioned a free gig bag as well, which I did not receive, but I did not really think anything about.
About a week later the UPS guy comes again with a package and the same invoice from the first shipment saying I owed another $43.74 in duty. I wrote him the cheque, stupidly. When I called UPS and asked them why I got charged duty on the second part of this order that had no value, they said I had to get a revised shipping document from Red Octane saying that the order had no value and they would refund my money. Well of course, now I cannot get in contact with Red Octane. I have sent them about 10 emails and get no response, and there is no address on the website for how to contact them, other than email. So now I am out this $43.74.

Teh_Bandwagoner
12-13-2007, 04:12 PM
LAWSUITED!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183994.html

Fobby
12-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Ricosuave? I think i am playing you right now..?

Screen name is Pacma..

Neeper
12-24-2007, 02:24 AM
I got the claw from playing this too long on the hard level.

SarichFan
12-24-2007, 12:43 PM
I am officially hoping on this bandwagon.. Once I can find it.

Can you play online on either the PS3 or 360 version?

Hemi-Cuda
12-27-2007, 04:55 PM
so is there anywhere in the city that has the 360 bundle? i checked a few places today but couldn't find any. buying online doesn't seem to be an option either, as all the prices i see have it over $100 without adding in shipping (while bestbuy.ca list it for $99 with in-store pickup, though of course it's out of stock). i didn't try Walmart yet, though i avoid that hellhole like the plague and would only go there if i was positive they had some in stock

Dan02
12-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Saw Future shop at Northland had the 360 PC and PS versions.

Of course i have a Wii....:mad:

Wonder when they will start actually having them in stock for the Wii to the point average Joe can just pick one up one day on a whim.

IgnitedSoul
12-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Saw Future shop at Northland had the 360 PC and PS versions.

Of course i have a Wii....:mad:

Wonder when they will start actually having them in stock for the Wii to the point average Joe can just pick one up one day on a whim.

We had to go all the way to Tampa for ours :confused:

Okay, not actually, but there for the hockey game we managed to pick one up. I laugh at you suckers. :lol::whistle:

LockedOut
12-27-2007, 06:56 PM
so is there anywhere in the city that has the 360 bundle? i checked a few places today but couldn't find any. buying online doesn't seem to be an option either, as all the prices i see have it over $100 without adding in shipping (while bestbuy.ca list it for $99 with in-store pickup, though of course it's out of stock). i didn't try Walmart yet, though i avoid that hellhole like the plague and would only go there if i was positive they had some in stock
Just came back from Walmart at Northlands. While I was there they brought out a SKID of 360 GH3's and PS2 GH3's. Most of them were 360's. The stack was huge. It was such a big deal they announced it's availability over the P.A.

SarichFan
01-05-2008, 11:48 AM

I dunno.

Soooo, I ended up finding one the other day and after going through 30 of 42 songs in Easy with around 90-95% notes hit i'm finding it easy.

However I go to Normal and I get destroyed. Tips? or just practice?

Oh yeah, I am loving the Crow. Seriously the most enjoyable game i've played in a while!

I_H8_Crawford
01-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Soooo, I ended up finding one the other day and after going through 30 of 42 songs in Easy with around 90-95% notes hit i'm finding it easy.

However I go to Normal and I get destroyed. Tips? or just practice?

Oh yeah, I am loving the Crow. Seriously the most enjoyable game i've played in a while!
Practice practice practice... you will get better.

If you get stuck on a song on Med, move up to hard and play on there a bit then go back.

SarichFan
01-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Interesting strategy but it makes sense!

SarichFan
01-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Raining Blood - Slayer is owning me. I rarely get by the 50% mark. It's the only song so far that's given me trouble.

edit: I got to 80 some% and lost it, I really felt like destroying my guitar against my wall. If only they weren't so pricey and rare.

I'm just going to start over on Medium and get used to that.

Dan02
01-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Raining Blood - Slayer is owning me.

Yeah pretty hard one, first time i played on easy i lost 2 times in a row before i beat it. Ironically i found it alot easier on medium. Have enough problems with the other songs on hard so i haven't got there yet.

SarichFan
01-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Going through medium alright at about 80% but the Tom Morrello battle owns me. My rock meter destroys his, but once it gets to sudden death I get raped.

Engine09
01-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Have you guys seen this vid?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ao_vOsZkg

Some kid playing "Through the Fire and Flames" on expert, can this even be legit? Looks ridiculous.

Dan02
01-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Have you guys seen this vid?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ao_vOsZkg

Some kid playing "Through the Fire and Flames" on expert, can this even be legit? Looks ridiculous.

crazy, was playing a bit tonight with some friends and for me to play a song that intense for that long would require some serious performance enhancing drugs, my strumming stamina isn't near what it needs to be to even try that,

SarichFan
01-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Almost done career on Medium, an Impossible task a few days ago. It's becoming natural almost. Except some songs need a good 10 minute practice.

Lou kind of owns me though, gotta practise that ASAP.

Also I tried online and didn't change my settings to look for Medium games and got raped by some guy who wanted to do expert mode.

It wasn't pretty.

SarichFan
01-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Anyone else have issues synching their Wireless 360 Guitar? I stopped playing a couple days and now it's out of sync and I can't re-sync it.

I go through all the steps, but no luck! I don't think I'd be able to exchange the thing where I bought it because it's so hard to find.

Hemi-Cuda
01-13-2008, 09:01 PM
i'm pretty good at medium, finished my career getting 4 or 5 stars on every song, but i get absolutely raped when i try hard. i can manage to do 3 of the first songs (barely managing 3 stars) but i just can't get past that Poison song. everytime i get to the solo is where i bomb out, trying to move my hand back and fourth that quickly to hit the orange button is just impossible for me. even when i try to practice the song on slow mode i still can't do it. so frustrating

McG
01-13-2008, 10:03 PM
i'm pretty good at medium, finished my career getting 4 or 5 stars on every song, but i get absolutely raped when i try hard. i can manage to do 3 of the first songs (barely managing 3 stars) but i just can't get past that Poison song. everytime i get to the solo is where i bomb out, trying to move my hand back and fourth that quickly to hit the orange button is just impossible for me. even when i try to practice the song on slow mode i still can't do it. so frustrating

this is exactly where i live as well. the transition to the orange button just kills me on any of these games. so i'm stuck on medium.

MarchHare
01-13-2008, 10:08 PM
If GH3 is your first Guitar Hero game, I really pity anyone who is trying to make the medium-hard transition. GH3 on hard is just absolutely brutal -- it's almost as tough as GH2 on expert. If you have it, try learning how to play with the orange button on GH2 first before trying to play GH3 on hard.

Also, another tip: if you're used to medium, you're probably in the habit of leaving your index finger on the Green button and then never having to move your fingers. On hard, the default position should be to have your index finger on Red, since it's stronger than your pinky and it's easier to have your index finger doing double-duty on green/red than it is for your pinky to do blue/orange. Depending on the section of the song, you'll shift your hand back and forth with index green/pinky blue and index red/pinky orange. With practice, it will come naturally to you when to switch hand positions.

Dan02
01-13-2008, 11:22 PM
If GH3 is your first Guitar Hero game, I really pity anyone who is trying to make the medium-hard transition. GH3 on hard is just absolutely brutal -- it's almost as tough as GH2 on expert. If you have it, try learning how to play with the orange button on GH2 first before trying to play GH3 on hard.

noticed this as well, have some friends who learned on GH2 on PS2 and they are MILES ahead of us who have tried to make the transition from medium to hard on GH3.

burn_this_city
01-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Personally I found hard on GH2 to be harder than 3.. Perhaps I was better by the time I tried it, but I flew through it way faster than on 2.. The last couple of songs are definately tougher (slayer) but overall I found the GH3 hard to be easier.. People having a tough time making the transition from medium to hard should remember the groove on the yellow button, it helps when you get moving back and forth quickly to remember where your fingers are..

Dan02
01-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Personally I found hard on GH2 to be harder than 3.. Perhaps I was better by the time I tried it, but I flew through it way faster than on 2.. The last couple of songs are definately tougher (slayer) but overall I found the GH3 hard to be easier.. People having a tough time making the transition from medium to hard should remember the groove on the yellow button, it helps when you get moving back and forth quickly to remember where your fingers are..

dunno i went and played some GH2 with them and I was miles better on that as well. Maybe it's not easier but it seems slower.

SarichFan
01-14-2008, 01:12 PM
So nobody has had syncing issues with the Wireless Guitar? :( I really want to get into it again but this is really pissing me off.

Why would it just not sync anymore?

Dan02
01-14-2008, 05:33 PM
I played on my friends xbox after playing on my Wii and it definately was having big time sync issues, they didn't seem to notice beacuse they were used to it but it was slaying me.

SarichFan
01-14-2008, 06:42 PM
I played on my friends xbox after playing on my Wii and it definately was having big time sync issues, they didn't seem to notice beacuse they were used to it but it was slaying me.

That's different than what my problem is, I can't even get it to connect to the system.

Fobby
01-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Two songs that owns me. One, and Raining Blood. Gah.

Dan02
01-14-2008, 10:57 PM

definately the hardest of the normal songs that's for sure.

Flaming Choy
01-14-2008, 11:08 PM

oo yeah, took me a while to get through them on hard, now i'm stuck on lou :(

can't even imagine those on expert.

CrispyGriz
01-15-2008, 03:58 AM
dunno i went and played some GH2 with them and I was miles better on that as well. Maybe it's not easier but it seems slower.

My take is that the bulk of the songs are harder in GH3 but the solos in GH2 are by far more difficult to pull off.

SarichFan
01-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Looks like i'll have to send in my Les Paul to Red Octane for a replacement... Son of a.

Got my RMA#, ect... Are there any cheap wired Guitars I can pick up for the 360 to use temporarily?

Ro
01-16-2008, 09:32 PM
oo yeah, took me a while to get through them on hard, now i'm stuck on lou :(

Good luck with that. I'm probably at 500+ attempts now.

One time I hit all three of the battle-ups but before I could unleash them on him he nailed me with one and I lost. That was just one time though. The other 499 were not as enthralling. I know I can catch that effing dragon though. Man.

Flaming Choy
01-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Good luck with that. I'm probably at 500+ attempts now.

One time I hit all three of the battle-ups but before I could unleash them on him he nailed me with one and I lost. That was just one time though. The other 499 were not as enthralling. I know I can catch that effing dragon though. Man.

nice, I've never come close to hit the the first 3 battle-ups. I just gave up for now and went on to doing as many expert songs as possible.

STAMPEDRED
01-17-2008, 12:33 AM
i got through medium with 4 and 5 stars. hard is pretty much 3 stars the whole way. I'm stuck on Knights of Cambodia! Argghh!

Super fun game either way!

Flaming Choy
01-17-2008, 09:10 AM
i got through medium with 4 and 5 stars. hard is pretty much 3 stars the whole way. I'm stuck on Knights of Cambodia! Argghh!

Super fun game either way!

For knights of cydonia, makes sure to alt. strum the long run notes (string of all greens...ect), and save your star power for the "scales" part. Might get you a crappy score, but should pass it. then prepare to cry when you try the slayer song.

STAMPEDRED
01-17-2008, 01:50 PM
i passed knights of cambodia and 3's and 7's FINALLY, and now I'm really crying! I got through the Eric Clapton song barely, and thought i was doing good until all those crazy solos. Time for some expert on the easier songs first now... i need some dignity back!

Flaming Choy
01-17-2008, 02:41 PM
i passed knights of cambodia and 3's and 7's FINALLY, and now I'm really crying! I got through the Eric Clapton song barely, and thought i was doing good until all those crazy solos. Time for some expert on the easier songs first now... i need some dignity back!

You mean the Eric Johnson song, Cliffs of Dover?? Best song in the game, sounds so happy.

STAMPEDRED
01-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah, couldn't remember it off the top of my head. Fun Song!

Flaming Choy
01-17-2008, 10:27 PM
woohoo, finally beat slash on expert!! I've got "the claw" now, guess i need a break.

Burninator
01-19-2008, 02:42 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/Chris_stone88/Kamoc2.jpg

What did you think happened to them all?

Nikki
03-13-2008, 03:44 PM
If anyone is still looking for this for the Wii there are some on bestbuy.ca right now

BlackArcher101
03-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Has there been any news regarding the lack of stereo sound on the Wii? Last I heard they said a free remastered disc would be offered to current owners early 2008.

Torture
03-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Has there been any news regarding the lack of stereo sound on the Wii? Last I heard they said a free remastered disc would be offered to current owners early 2008.

My roomie (who has GH3 for the Wii) just sent his disc in. They sent him a letter saying that if he mailed his disc in he'd get a free copy of the new version, and it'll take 3-4 weeks for it to get here.

BlackArcher101
03-13-2008, 04:17 PM
My roomie (who has GH3 for the Wii) just sent his disc in. They sent him a letter saying that if he mailed his disc in he'd get a free copy of the new version, and it'll take 3-4 weeks for it to get here.

Hmmm, how nice. I wonder how I was supposed to hear about that. I haven't received a letter and I registered my game.

edit: Had to actively search for it. http://www.activisiongameexchange.com
Have until August to exchange.