PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Worst Websites Out There?

I-Hate-Hulse
08-05-2004, 11:47 AM
As another slow day topic... what sites do you detest having to visit?

I personally hate the Shaw website. Difficult to find information under all these link layers and a general labrynith... Aren't these guys supposed to be good at web design?

Next is the Canada.com site. Reminds me of a Vegas marquee sign with a gazillion things going on. Almost like they took a shotgun and sprayed out everything the Global empire has to offer at an HTML canvas.

Other victims?

kermitology
08-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Sportnet.ca Good god, could they PLEASE get rid of the cookie thing for what region you're in. Just give me news like TSN!

calf
08-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by kermitology@Aug 5 2004, 11:48 AM
Sportnet.ca Good god, could they PLEASE get rid of the cookie thing for what region you're in. Just give me news like TSN!
I hate that too. I don't know if it happens for anyone else, but if you type in another website to go to, hit enter, then move your mouse over those drop down menus, IE just stops.

Time to get Firefox I guess.

Frank the Tank
08-05-2004, 11:54 AM
I like canoe.ca but I find it very unreliable as far as links not working, stories linked to the wrong story and the site just not coming up in general. I like its set-up and its contents so it must be a back end problem.

Cowperson
08-05-2004, 12:35 PM
The Telus site. Or should I say "sites." Or should I say I have no idea how to navigate that abominable labrynth.

Cowperson

octothorp
08-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Big agreement on the telus sites. It's about as easy as trying to navigate their touchtone phone services.

Reggie Dunlop
08-05-2004, 01:13 PM
oilfans.com

Can't believe this doesn't top everyones' list! :)

Reaper
08-05-2004, 01:15 PM
I agree with Shaw and Canada.com being horrible sites to attempt to navigate.

Future Shop sucks for logical arrangement of product categories (since when are computer parts considered 'peripherals?' - No, they are parts so just make a section called computer parts)

Reaper
08-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Reggie Dunlop@Aug 5 2004, 01:13 PM
oilfans.com

We never go there so how would we know? ;)

JohnnyO
08-05-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by fotze@Aug 5 2004, 06:58 PM
Aeroplan.com. Try to book a flight on that cruel joke of a site. Hmmm, terrible almost unusable site - No service charge, use the phone - service charge.
I agree!! Why on earth would you be able to adjust the departure to after the arrival date when searching for available flights, the move 2 weeks ahead is a mess.

Telus is a nightmare as well. But their automated voice recognition over the phone is more annoying. You say something, then they confirm what you said and you confirm what they thought you said??

the_only_turek_fan
08-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by kermitology@Aug 5 2004, 05:48 PM
Cant agree more kermit.

I find that site also jams up my computer often.

I think that the TSN site is far more superior to the Sportsnet one.

Bertuzzied
08-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Reaper+Aug 5 2004, 07:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Reaper @ Aug 5 2004, 07:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Reggie Dunlop@Aug 5 2004, 01:13 PM
oilfans.com

We never go there so how would we know? ;) [/b][/quote]
oil fans is soooo bad!!! It's the Mike Ricci of websites

nfotiu
08-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by kermitology@Aug 5 2004, 05:48 PM
I completely agree. That damn region thing is in flash as well, which gets blocked out by my company. I can't access anything on their site.

I-Hate-Hulse
08-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Funny, I haven't found Aeroplan to be that bad - at least I can find stuff, although it's not the easiest to use.

CIBC Visa's site is pretty useless too. They took almost a week to show transaction details. The only number of use is your "credit remaining" number, which is the ONLY livetime number anywhere.

calgaryred
08-05-2004, 02:39 PM
CFL fan huddle at www.cfl.ca it takes forever to log in!