PDA

View Full Version : A Conversation Ducks G.m

stackthepads
08-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Ask the main the Quack!

Q. How do u describe your first year as a G.M?

A.It was a disappointing performance for us on the ice for sure. We finished 4th last in the entire league, u can never be satisfied with that kind of performance! We rebuilt our team last year, we got younger and we got faster. The foundation is set for this team to become competitive year after year.

You were successful in trading your assets into blue chip prospects, how did you feel when your team moved up all the way to 4th place in the annual CPHL Future watch?

We didn’t need a report telling us that we were on the right track and adding players with bright futures ahead of them, we knew what we were doing and knew that the talent we were getting back was top notch. It wasn’t a surprise at all that we moved up some 16 spots.

What has been your best trade as G.M of the Ducks?

Well I think that a good deal is when both teams win. We were quite excited when we were able to pick up Tummo Ruuttu from New York. It was probably one of the first blockbusters we made. We got a true star with a very bright future!

Most recently you have traded for the likes of Blake, Roenick, White, Warner, Grier and added through the UFA market Robatiale. What made you change your direction?

When you look at our team you see that we are knee deep in prospects, we needed players with experience that could teach our young kids what it takes to play at this level, and also allow our kids that are not quite ready to stay in the AHL and ECHL. It wasn’t really a change in direction but an evolution of the long term plan. We give away some draft picks and a young promising d-man but we got better now and can now show our kids that we want to win!

Rumors are swirling that you are close to a deal that will really change the complexion of your team, its even rumored to be your biggest deal of your carrer, can you shed light on any trade talk?

Naturally like all teams we are looking for ways to improve our team, for our fans and players. I always talk to my peers to see what’s available. As for any big trades on the horizon, it’s always possible; I would advice you to keep your cell phone next to you over the next few days so we can get a hold of you if anything breaks!

[COLOR=red]Would a player of Lemieux be of intrest to the Ducks?[COLOR=red]

Although Mario Lemieux is a great player he doesn't fit into our long term plans, its not him we are looking at.