PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Entertainment To Announce New Game May 19/20

Nehkara
04-30-2007, 10:32 AM
[/URL][URL="http://blizzard.com/"]http://pics.livejournal.com/nehkara15/pic/00012p0c (http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25594825&sid=6169864&om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;3)

HelloHockeyFans
04-30-2007, 10:37 AM
My friend's one of the artists at Blizzard. I'll see if I can get any "hush-hush" info from him.

ZDogg
04-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Starcraft II? Warcraft IV?

Warcraft III has kept me entertained since the day it was released... someone please help me. I think it's time for some sort of Warcraft addiction intervention.:bag:

photon
04-30-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm guessing Starcraft II.. or possibly a MMO based on Diablo.

Resolute 14
04-30-2007, 10:45 AM
I have heard rumours of a Starcraft II as well. And if they are going to make the annoucement in Korea...

Nehkara
04-30-2007, 10:51 AM
I would imagine it would be either Starcraft II or a Starcraft MMO.

Finner
04-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Yes, I read it was starcraft II as well. I'm pretty excited, i loved the original.

Could never really get into WoW or WC III, not really my genre.

Exciting news either way.

Burninator
04-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Strarcraft II would be a great announcement.

Could be that Ghost game that they scrapped? Or is that done for good.

Resolute 14
04-30-2007, 10:55 AM
I think Ghost is done for good.

A starcract MMO would be intersting. Planetside meets WoW? It would be odd to travel to a remote asteroid to talk to a zergling with a yellow ! above his head...

Nehkara
04-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Strarcraft II would be a great announcement.

Could be that Ghost game that they scrapped? Or is that done for good.

Its official status, I believe, is that Starcraft: Ghost is on "indefinite hold".

Burninator
04-30-2007, 11:04 AM
I figured as much about Ghost, wasn't really looking forward to it anyways.

I can't wait to bust out the OMG! Zerg Rush! I must say, it's been a while.

FireFly
04-30-2007, 11:07 AM
I figured as much about Ghost, wasn't really looking forward to it anyways.

I can't wait to bust out the OMG! Zerg Rush! I must say, it's been a while.

Apparently you have to be a gaming nerd to understand this language? I had no idea you had it in you, Burninator. You continue to confound me.

HelloHockeyFans
04-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Noooo..!! LEEEROOOOOOYYY

mykalberta
04-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Why would they introduce another MMO when WOW is making more money than they can shake a stick at with no viable competitor?

Please Starcraft 2 but not in a MMO version, but one compatible with the 360 - pleeeeease...

MYK

TheyCallMeBruce
04-30-2007, 11:18 AM
En Taro Adun

Burninator
04-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Apparently you have to be a gaming nerd to understand this language? I had no idea you had it in you, Burninator. You continue to confound me.
L2P

Why would they introduce another MMO when WOW is making more money than they can shake a stick at with no viable competitor?

Please Starcraft 2 but not in a MMO version, but one compatible with the 360 - pleeeeease...

MYK
This thread is the first I have heard about this. So I am not totally familiar, but I am guessing that the game is in very early development. And if it is like any of Blizzards past games it will take forever to be released.

It probably has a release date of June '09 which they will miss and it will come out in Feb '10 or some garbage like that. Perhaps then the WoW train will start to slow down.

CaramonLS
04-30-2007, 11:23 AM
QQ newb

Nehkara
04-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Blizzard usually doesn't announce games until they are 3 to 4 years into development.

I'm kind of hoping they waited until it was almost done this time... waiting is a hard thing to do.

Resolute 14
04-30-2007, 01:11 PM
It probably has a release date of June '09 which they will miss and it will come out in Feb '10 or some garbage like that. Perhaps then the WoW train will start to slow down.

Actually, if Blizzard stays true to form for every game they have released since Starcraft, I am betting that the release date will be announced as Christmas 08, but delayed until June 09.

Its comical how every time Bliz tries to get something out for the Christmas rush, it always gets delayed until the following summer.

Maritime Q-Scout
04-30-2007, 01:15 PM
if only I gamed, it'd be an awesome birthday present I bet :confused:

SpitFire40
04-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Enough Warcraft crap.. I never liked the games outside of the WoW spree...

Give me Starcraft

Blaster86
04-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Can I finally kill Kerrigan? Ohhh how I've dreamed of this!

MarchHare
04-30-2007, 02:44 PM
I think the smart money is on Starcraft 2.

A Starcraft MMO would be neat, but it would have to be radically different from WoW for several reasons. First, they wouldn't want their own games competing with each other, and second, how would a Starcraft RPG even work? Terran players start out as a marine and when they get to level 60 they can fly a Battlecruiser? Having the zerg as a playable race wouldn't make much sense either, since they consist of mostly small, easily-killed zerglings and hydralisks that overwhelm their opponents with sheer numbers. Having a bunch of level 60 ultralisks running around doesn't really fit with the lore.

An action MMO similar to Planetside would be cool, though, and solves the above problem. The base unit for each side would be the marine, zealot, and hydralisk, and as players became more experienced they could play as something more advanced like a Goliath, Wraith, Dragoon, Mutalisk, etc. Overlords would play like a pet class and could control a swarm of zerglings. I'd buy that game.

It doesn't make sense that they'd announce a game like that in Korea, though. Based on the location, it's going to be either a new RTS or RPG, not an action game.

Nehkara
04-30-2007, 02:49 PM
The only way I could see them doing a Starcraft MMO is, as already mentioned, a Starcraft version (and likely much better version) of Planetside. Basically an MMOFPS.

I'm pretty sure, however, that it will be a return to RTS and a return to Starcraft.

theJuice
04-30-2007, 02:52 PM
gogogogogoogogogogogog!

Shawnski
04-30-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm guessing Starcraft II.. or possibly a MMO based on Diablo.

There was certainly a lot of Koreans playing Diablo. Personally, I would love (or hate, depending on if I want a life) to see Diablo 3 come out. I always felt that D 3-D would be a cool twist on the game. Make a version similar in overall concept except that it is a FPS. Not sure if that would fly, but man, would it ever give a new life to the series.

photon
04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
And introduce a new generation to repetitive stress injuries!

Shawnski
04-30-2007, 03:20 PM
And introduce a new generation to repetitive stress injuries!

Larf... no kidding...

I just bought a new XPS 710, 4 gig of Ram, E6400 duo core, and the latest NVidia 768 MB 8800 video card. I think it will handle anything Bliz can throw at me for a while. Heck, I am playing Company of Heroes with every setting maxed out and it is purring along...

Bobblehead
04-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Larf... no kidding...

I just bought a new XPS 710, 4 gig of Ram, E6400 duo core, and the latest NVidia 768 MB 8800 video card. I think it will handle anything Bliz can throw at me for a while. Heck, I am playing Company of Heroes with every setting maxed out and it is purring along...

Heck of a rig! What the Q6600 a bit rich for ya?

Shawnski
04-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Heck of a rig! What the Q6600 a bit rich for ya?

Not necessarily, but the initial package they had on satisfied what I wanted (and the 6400 seemed to have pretty good reviews.)

Edit, BTW, I should have looked at the specs for the case... holy mother of God.... is it HUGE! Quiet though, and spots for four hard drives.

PowerPlayoffs06
04-30-2007, 03:30 PM
A few weeks ago I quit WoW, sold my all characters and swore off all future Blizzard products after they finally broke this camels back with their 5v5 tourny B.S.

I know whatever it is will be a huge success, but nothing would please this gamer more than to see it crash and burn in flames. :censored: Blizzard.

Nehkara
04-30-2007, 03:44 PM
A few weeks ago I quit WoW, sold my all characters and swore off all future Blizzard products after they finally broke this camels back with their 5v5 tourny B.S.

I know whatever it is will be a huge success, but nothing would please this gamer more than to see it crash and burn in flames. :censored: Blizzard.

Blizzard makes the best games... I'm sorry you got angry at them for something in WoW but they have made the best games for quite awhile and will continue to make the best games. They are very consistent in that respect.

Shawnski
04-30-2007, 04:06 PM

Although I never really got into the WoW game for long, I can appreciate the remark about how a change, or patch, affected the enjoyment of their games. In D2, a LONG awaited patch totally changed the game balance. Long standing characters (I had a level 99 magic find sorceress and many other high level chars) could no longer play the game alone.... which for the most part, is how I enjoyed playing. Wasn't long after that patch went live that I let all my accounts just vanish into thin air. Heck, I had more mules than Juan Valdez!! Tried to find every item in the game, and was not far from it.

But Bliz will do that to you. You buy their game, play it for some time, then when sales lapse and the cost to maintain the servers isn't balanced by the revenue coming in, anticipate a change that will essentially shut the game down for most folk. Well, at least if they are not charging a monthly fee to play. It's a darned if you do, darned if you don't scenario. No monthly fee, shortened lifespan. Monthly fee, smaller subscriber base.

Teh_Bandwagoner
04-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Starcraft II would make my soul explode.

Seriously it's been, what, 4 years now? And I still break out Starcraft from time to time. Did so just last week actually. Can anyone say 4v4 BGH?

MarchHare
04-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Seriously it's been, what, 4 years now?

Blizzard's last RTS, Warcraft III, was released five years ago. Starcraft goes back even further than that, having been originally released in 1998.

Super-Rye
04-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Blizzard's last RTS, Warcraft III, was released five years ago. Starcraft goes back even further than that, having been originally released in 1998.

And I still play Starcraft. Seriously, the BEST RTS game ever made. Oh man, if it is starcraft 2 my BDay's gonna be a great one.

Resolute 14
04-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Yeah. I remember the Starcraft beta from about eleven years ago. And at any given time, there are still 15-20,000 players online on the North American servers on battle.net.

Why would you quit the game over the tourney bs? I never got into the tourney PvP myself, but it hasn't reduced my overall enjoyment of the game. the one thing I personally love about WoW is how there is a ton of content for solo players, group players, raid players and PvP players. Probably the biggest reason why WoW holds something like 80% of the market for MMOs.

MarchHare
04-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Why would you quit the game over the tourney bs?

Perhaps he's referring to the "scandal" of some of the top-rated arena teams not being invited to Blizzard's tournament yet lower-rated teams were? I'm really not into the arena scene at all, so I can't really comment on it, but there were dozens of forum posts about it a few weeks ago.

Antithesis
04-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Ugh ... my wife will not be pleased ... depending on what this title is ... we might be in the market for a new machine. Then again, our current PC is pushing 5 years old.

I_am_Beast
04-30-2007, 06:38 PM
When anyone plays starcraft now lets all go into CalgaryPuck channel on ther server.....

Inhouse 3v3 BGH LOL????

Super-Rye
04-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Damn the zergling rush! That was always a pain in the ass! :D

I found the DT rush much less fun to deal with.

PowerPlayoffs06
04-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Why would you quit the game over the tourney bs? I never got into the tourney PvP myself, but it hasn't reduced my overall enjoyment of the game. the one thing I personally love about WoW is how there is a ton of content for solo players, group players, raid players and PvP players. Probably the biggest reason why WoW holds something like 80% of the market for MMOs.

I quit because of a lot of things, not just because of the tourney. That was just what put me over the edge. Blizzard not making any effort to come forward with the fact that all Canadians (as well as players in certain States) can't participate in the biggest PvP event the MMO industry has known was it for me.

Why not be up front about it before players go invest months of time working on their arena standings? Why create a tournament that's going to segregate portions of the playerbase at all? Now anybody who wants to take part in future 5v5 tourneys will have to form a team and outright exclude certain players based on where they live. God forbid, what happens if one person lies (or is unaware) and gets on the team, then at crunch time the entire team is screwed because 1 player is ineligable to participate? Just ridiculous to even allow this situation to arise in the first place.

Then we can go into the piss poor excuse of what they call customer service. The belligerent and condescending attitudes of certain forum moderators. The outright lies by customer-relations reps. The complete disregard and flagrant ignoring of player feedback regarding class reviews. The list goes on.

My problems mostly lie with Blizzard as a company and not WoW as a game. I was satisfied and happy with most things in the game, but the goings-on outside of it were what killed me, so I decided not to support a company that I've come to despise.

It sucks, because Blizzard always did make the best games, but hell if I'll buy another one.

BlAcKNoVa
04-30-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Starcraft 2. Their was an article somewhere I read earlier this month saying it would be shown at Blizzcon and a Beta would be out by the end of the year. It would continue the storyline from the original game, and add a 4th race, possibly based on Kerrigan.

Also, they will most likely be shutting the original Starcraft servers to ensure the success of Starcraft 2.

Crap, I wish I could find that link ><

I_H8_Crawford
04-30-2007, 09:33 PM
NOOOOO!!!
They can't shut down the original ones!!!

I still love playing that once in a while!!

Zerg FTW!

I_H8_Crawford
04-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Someone with a lot of time created their vision of SC 2:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3980165796053569246

Devils'Advocate
05-01-2007, 05:41 AM
As much as I loved Warcraft II, I hated Warcraft III. I didn't like the hero concept at all.

I'd be overjoyed if they just releases a Starcraft expansion pack. :) I fear they are going to mess with the gameplay so much that I end up detesting the whole thing.

My list of favorite games of all time:
Starcraft
Baldur's Gate II
Warcraft II
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Advance Wars II (because it was same concept as Starcraft)

RedMan12
05-01-2007, 06:35 AM
I hope Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3.

HitterD
05-01-2007, 08:49 AM
I'd be overjoyed if they just releases a Starcraft expansion pack.

Speaking of expansion's, does anyone still play the Starcraft expansion???

i find that the origional Starcraft (and warcraft 3 as well) had almost perfect balance. The expansions tend to ruin the balance, and the starcraft exp. was certainly the worst for me. Those damn Dark Templars rushes were impossible to stop.

PsYcNeT
05-01-2007, 12:11 PM
For Blizzards sake, I'm hoping it's not Diablo 3, as the original designers of Diablo 1 & 2 have left for whatever reason and are developing Hellgate: London for Namco. (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/hellgatelondon/index.html?q=hellgate&tag=result;title;0)

Teh_Bandwagoner
05-01-2007, 03:17 PM

OMG. I'm getting old. I bought Broodwar on release day.

And I agree, not a fan of Warcraft III, and I've never played WoW, and I probalby never will. I don't wanna get sucked in heh.

Bobblehead
05-01-2007, 04:35 PM
OMG. I'm getting old. I bought Broodwar on release day.

And I agree, not a fan of Warcraft III, and I've never played WoW, and I probalby never will. I don't wanna get sucked in heh.

I too don't want to get sucked in. I've been told I would enjoy Starcraft. For a few years I didn't own a computer, so I missed a bunch of games.

I played DOOM, Descent, and Warlords 2 (more than a few late nights playing that - one of my all time favourites)

Teh_Bandwagoner
05-01-2007, 04:43 PM
My top 5 timeless video games includes two from Blizzard:

Starcraft
Civilization (IV is my favourite of the series)
Sim City for SNES
Warcraft II
Monkey Island series (first one shall forever be the best)

Here's hoping that if it is indeed SC2, that it doesn't not suck.

BlackArcher101
05-01-2007, 04:57 PM

So you want it to suck? ;)

ZDogg
05-01-2007, 04:57 PM
As much as I loved Warcraft II, I hated Warcraft III. I didn't like the hero concept at all.
What's the problem with the Hero concept? It adds way more to the game.

OutOfTheCube
05-01-2007, 06:02 PM
It's either Starcraft 2 or a Starcraft type MMO in the vein of WoW.

Me and my buddies were discussing this, and it would be brilliant to release a World of Starcraft type game and then have one subscription for both it and WoW.

Resolute 14
05-01-2007, 06:05 PM
My top 5 timeless video games includes two from Blizzard:

Starcraft
Civilization (IV is my favourite of the series)
Sim City for SNES
Warcraft II
Monkey Island series (first one shall forever be the best)

Exclude Monkey Island (never liked it), and add Final Fantasy VI and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series, and you would pretty much have my list.

HitterD
05-02-2007, 08:38 AM
What's the problem with the Hero concept? It adds way more to the game.

Agreed, much more diversity added to the gameplay with that little gem

I enjoy Warcraft 3 much more than 2. In WC2, almost all of the units were basically the same for each race, the only difference was spells.

I love to diversity of units in the 4 WC3 races, and it created a much better gameplay dynamic IMO.

Teh_Bandwagoner
05-02-2007, 09:27 AM
So you want it to suck? ;)

Me fail English? That's umpossible!

And if I were to throw an RPG in there, FFVI is a good choice, but I would pick Chronotrigger over top of that :)

Nehkara
05-05-2007, 07:59 PM
StarCraft MMO Blasts Into Orbit! (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163207)

The long-rumoured new instalment of Blizzard's massive StarCraft series is set to be unveiled later this month - and it's another massively-multiplayer online game in the style of World of Warcraft, CVG can reveal.

Well placed US sources have revealed to us that the StarCraft MMO will be unveiled at an upcoming Blizzard event on May 19 in South Korea - the epicentre of the sci-fi RTS series' rabid fandom.

This, obviously, is not official yet but they seem confident in their sources.

CaramonLS
05-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Me fail English? That's umpossible!

And if I were to throw an RPG in there, FFVI is a good choice, but I would pick Chronotrigger over top of that :)

FF6?

Or do you mean FF7?

Personally 2 & 3 were my favorites, with 3 coming out on top.

Devils'Advocate
05-05-2007, 08:44 PM
FF6?

Or do you mean FF7?

Seriously? With the Onion Kids? I just finished it with an emulator a couple months ago and was not all that impressed, but I wanted to say that I beat all the FF games.

drew24
05-05-2007, 09:14 PM
do you think this will be another you have to pay monthly to play this game? cuase that will break my heart if it's the case.

Teh_Bandwagoner
05-05-2007, 11:10 PM
FF6?

Or do you mean FF7?

I think some clarification is in order :)

When you speak of FF2 and FF3, I assume you mean the North American releases of those games on SNES. In Japan, our FF2 was their FF4, and our FF3 was their FF6. The real FF2, FF3 and FF5 were never released in North America until very recently, with I think one of them being released on Game boy, and two of them being released on the Playstation (I own Anthologies, which has two FFs. I know one is 6, but can't remember which is the other one heh).

As for the Starcraft MMO, that could be interesting. I doubt it will be an RPG... in which case, I wonder how it will work. Maybe a glorified BRE from BBS days?? That would be sick! :D

Resolute 14
05-05-2007, 11:48 PM
FF 1-6 are all available on Gameboy or DS now. FFVI (FFIII on SNES) is still the greatest video game ever made, IMNSHO.

Nehkara
05-05-2007, 11:51 PM
do you think this will be another you have to pay monthly to play this game? cuase that will break my heart if it's the case.

If it is an MMO, yes.

Flames0910
05-06-2007, 01:53 AM
why would blizzard release another mmo though? they'd be competing with themselves...

Super-Rye
05-06-2007, 01:55 AM
why would blizzard release another mmo though? they'd be competing with themselves...

Too lure the rest of the stuburn gamers who are all "I'd much rather have a life and play some video games, than play WoW and have no life." over to the dark side of course.

Dan02
05-06-2007, 02:26 AM

because by the time that this one comes out, WoW will be well past its peak, infact it probably already is with the release of LOTRO and games like Conan just on the horizon.

Be interesting to see if they are actually going the RTS route. Its been tried in a MMO setting before and has been a commercial failure every time. Perhaps they'll come along and revolutionize the genre, but the RTS genre itself doesn't not lend itself well to being a MMO

FanIn80
05-06-2007, 02:57 AM
Damn, I sooo want this to be Diablo 3...

Nehkara
05-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Blizzard has added a countdown of sorts to their official page. Each day it is displaying a different Blizzard game one at a time until the new game is revealed on Saturday.

You can find it here:

http://blizzard.com/

Topic-starting post edited.

TheyCallMeBruce
05-15-2007, 09:00 AM
FF6?

Or do you mean FF7?

I think he means the Japanese FF6. Yeah, majority of the people here wouldn't know that.

Flashpoint
05-15-2007, 02:56 PM
I hear it is a Diablo sequal.

Damned if I can recall who mentioned it, but I have a few former co-workers who are now at Blizzard, and I recall someone mentioning it last week.

For what it's worth.

Devils'Advocate
05-15-2007, 05:05 PM
That's great news. Means I won't need to bother upgrading my computer.

Blaster86
05-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Screw Diablo.

Super-Rye
05-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Screw Diablo.

Agree'd. There's 2 diablo games already, neither of which was rather interesting to me at the time. Starcraft definately needs another game. If it is another Diablo game I'm going to go on a Blizzard hate.

CaramonLS
05-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Seriously? With the Onion Kids? I just finished it with an emulator a couple months ago and was not all that impressed, but I wanted to say that I beat all the FF games.

Onion Kids?

#2 - Main Characters - Cecil, Kain, Rydia, Rosa, Edge, etc, etc
#3 - Main Characters - Terra, Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, Setzer, etc etc.

That attachment with 4x attack + gengi glove + fixed dice for the win.

Nehkara
05-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Well... it was claimed by "very good sources" a week ago or so that it was a Starcraft MMO.

Refer to the thread-starting post for link.

More speculation today on that as well:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25633832&sid=6170797&om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1

if.away
05-15-2007, 10:56 PM
"Diablo3" is already in the works and is going to go beta sometimes "soon". Actually by that I mean Hellgate London...

As you probably know Hellgate London is developed by Flagship Studios(aka the brains behind the Diablo series that left Blizzard and formed their own company). For more info go to: http://www.hellgateguru.com/

There are plenty of movies, trailers, screenshots and interviews with the developers. This game appears to be Diablo3 with a different name. As far as I'm concerned Blizzard better make SC2 and tap into that goldmine because Flagship Studios has already beaten them in the Diablo race.

drew24
05-15-2007, 11:14 PM
i dunno if i'd rather a starcraft mmo or diablo 3. im not too familiar with mmo's however i really hope this doesn't go WoW style with its pay monthly to play. if that's the case, im hoping for diablo 3. however i don't really care as long as i dont have to pay each month, im sure the game'll be awesome.

having said that....PLEASE BE STARCRAFT 2

MonsieurFish
05-17-2007, 08:31 AM
goddamn im getting excited. 2 more days. the latest rumour im hearing is its probably starcraft related, and possibly starcraft2. when you visit starcraft2.com, it's a blizzard owned website with their countdown, but diablo3 or anything like that is not.

EDIT: OMG JUST FOUND THIS. could be fake though...

http://xs115.xs.to/xs115/07190/july2007.jpg

Nehkara
05-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Final day of the countdown, announcement coming tomorrow!

JohnnyB
05-18-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm really blown away by how into this people are. I mean no offense to anyone, but it just seems so weird for adults to be so enthusiastically anticipating a video game.

Maybe I need to play more video games or something...

Nehkara
05-18-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm really blown away by how into this people are. I mean no offense to anyone, but it just seems so weird for adults to be so enthusiastically anticipating a video game.

I'm 22 and have played video games my entire life. I love it... and I know a lot of older adults (40-50 years old) who are avid gamers as well.

Teh_Bandwagoner
05-18-2007, 11:03 AM
For Aiur!

TheyCallMeBruce
05-18-2007, 11:11 AM

Pick up Call of Duty or some squad based team game (like rainbow six series). Play with your friends using Roger Wilco or some other communication app. You'll then realize why adults play these games.

Nothing like telling your buddies to provide cover fire while you rush toward enemy bunkers to bring out the madness.

Nehkara
05-18-2007, 12:38 PM
For Aiur!

Amen.

Iowa_Flames_Fan
05-18-2007, 01:08 PM

Well, in fairness, you DID read 83 posts of this thread first, only to then post this. You must be SOMEWHAT interested. Personally, when a thread topic doesn't interest me, I don't even open it.

On topic: I'm hoping for Starcraft 2.

flambers
05-18-2007, 03:59 PM

LOL, wait till Halo 3 is released there will be a crap load of "Adults" standing in line waiting to buy Video Games....

I also hope its Starcraft 2.

KTown
05-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Video gaming has come a long way since the days of me being a kid when Frogger was considered an awesome game.

Looking at those games now, yah I can understand why adults had nothing to do with these games. They didn't require much skill and thinking.

The gaming industry now is crazy the games just take alot more intelligence now. Hence why I'm still an avid gamer.

Bobblehead
05-19-2007, 12:43 AM
Starcraft 2 - confirmed by IGN who is live-blogging from the event.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/788/788627p1.html

theJuice
05-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Nice, some screenies from IGN

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/imgs_1.html

And a link to the video trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUXoekeDIW8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eteamliquid%2Enet%2Fforum%2 Fviewmessage%2Ephp%3Fcurrentpage%3D81%26topic%5Fid %3D53135

Caged Great
05-19-2007, 02:45 AM
Sweet

Hemi-Cuda
05-19-2007, 03:42 AM
i've never been much of an RTS gamer, but the two games that have held my attention for a significant amount of time have been Red Alert and Starcraft. this should be interesting

Neeper
05-19-2007, 04:28 AM
This is gonna be awesome. Starcraft was the best game I ever played. About time they made another one.

BlAcKNoVa
05-19-2007, 04:58 AM
http://www.starcraft2.com/

Gameplay trailer out tomorrow (20th). Can't wait!

I-Hate-Hulse
05-19-2007, 08:35 AM
I can't freaking wait, took you freaking long enough blizzard! This may call for a new 24" LCD and system to play on....

I_H8_Crawford
05-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Zergling rush FTW!!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/kevinfeterik/zergrush.jpg

I_H8_Crawford
05-19-2007, 09:01 AM
I can't freaking wait, took you freaking long enough blizzard! This may call for a new 24" LCD and system to play on....
Oh man I am so excited, but this means I have to shell out some major $$$ for a new desktop. :(:D

I_H8_Crawford
05-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Ohhh looking around the website it seems like line of sight is going to be affected by terrain now too... coool!!!

Can't wait!!

MonsieurFish
05-19-2007, 11:33 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhh ttttttttttttttttttttt this is awesome. i have been waiting forever. thank yo u blizzard. i will also have to shell out some cash to upgrade

if.away
05-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Gameplay videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJB-Z54R61s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJDFw4TGWmo
http://tvpot.daum.net/theme/Player.do?themeid=122&clipid=2989092
Protoss Zealots (http://www.sclegacy.com/redcloak/starcraft2_protosskill.wmv) (SCLegacy (http://www.sclegacy.com/)).

Regorium
05-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Omfg Starcraft Two... Wooooooo

Super-Rye
05-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Wow, looks like they added space battles too! No release date, this could take a while. :(

I'm freaking so excited. Between this and Spore I'm going to have no life for the next 2 years haha!

Bertuzzied
05-19-2007, 12:02 PM
HOLY Crap. this is aweseome!!!

People in Korea must be FREAKING out.

My wife is going to kill me when this comes out.

if.away
05-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Starcraft2 will cause the 2 Koreas to stop the war and re-unite.

Nehkara
05-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Updated thread-starting post.

Bertuzzied
05-19-2007, 01:44 PM
hehe. the funniest thing to is that even though i played around 5 hours a day back when Starcraft was released, I have never played the Zerg or Protoss race. Just terran. I made it as high as 300 in Ladder.

But then Brood War was released and it screwed terran over.

MonsieurFish
05-19-2007, 01:55 PM
hehe. the funniest thing to is that even though i played around 5 hours a day back when Starcraft was released, I have never played the Zerg or Protoss race. Just terran. I made it as high as 300 in Ladder.

that's pretty nuts. why would you never try them?? i loved protoss, i was best with them by far, but i did go through phases where i was best with terran and zerg too.

so seing as this is starcraft 2... and not an mmo like WoW... do we all think that it's not gonna be the pay monthly system, and that it'll instead be the old regular free battle.net system?

TheyCallMeBruce
05-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Starcrarft 2 will be the death of me

peter12
05-19-2007, 03:08 PM

What?! I thought Brood War made the Terran like 10x better. The Medic/Marine combo with a few Valkryie and Siege tanks was an unstoppable combo against the Zerg.

UNSTOPPABLLLEEE!

Caged Great
05-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I actually hate the Terrans the most out of the three.

With the protoss, I just made 1 unit for the most part (dragoons).

Having 3 or 4 waves of 12 of them one after the other would devistate anything

Zerg is alright, but you have to send way too many of them to get the job done. (I try to do it with the fewest amount of deaths possible)

flamesfan6
07-10-2008, 10:54 AM
instead of starting a new one... and i was also bored and checked out futureshop...

futureshop claims:

sc2 collectors: nov 19
fallout 3: nov 30 (i know, unrelated but still looking forward to it)
sc2: dec 3 (collectors comes out before???)

of course futureshop is bad on release dates, combined with blizzard always being delayed, by my birthday/exams could be crazy if sc2 and fallout 3 come out according to futureshop (hey... gotta look forward to something till diablo 3)

Boblobla
07-10-2008, 11:13 AM
I bet that is the pre-order date for the collectors or something.

BlackArcher101
07-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Move to Tech Talk?

I keep thinking I'm in that forum when I see this thread in OT.

Traditional_Ale
07-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Starcraft2 will cause the 2 Koreas to stop the war and re-unite.

Or it becomes like that Star Trek episode where the two planets fight a virtual war, and then once casualties are calculated they very orderly send people to the extermination chamber!

In Korea's case, instead of a quick and clean death we should force them to eat nothing but hamburgers and donuts.

flamesfan6
07-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Move to Tech Talk?

probly be a good idea... im not the one that created this topic

FlamesKickAss
07-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Move to Tech Talk?

same thing is in tech forum already by same poster http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=59701

nevermind looks like that is for diablo