PDA

View Full Version : Mary Kay Letourneau Released From Prison

I-Hate-Hulse
08-04-2004, 11:14 AM
CNN reports that Mary Kay Letourneau was released from prison today. I think this has to be one of the most bizarre and disturbing cases of improper relationships, given they don't seem to see the errors of their ways... I'm sure Psychologists would love to get inside her mind, as a married mother of 4, what's the trigger to ashcan your life and have children with a 12 year old student...

Mrs Robinson (http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/08/03/teacher.sex.ap/index.html)

Letourneau was a 34-year-old elementary school teacher in suburban Seattle and a married mother of four in 1996 when her friendship with the then-12-year-old Fualaau mutated into flirtation and then sex.

When Letourneau was arrested in 1997, she was already pregnant with Fualaau's daughter. A judge sentenced her to six months in jail for second-degree child rape, and ordered her to stay away from Fualaau.

But the temptation proved too much for her to resist. A month after Letourneau was released, she was caught having sex with Fualaau in her car, a violation of her parole. She was sent to prison for seven and a half years, and gave birth to Fualaau's second daughter behind bars.

CaptainCrunch
08-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Some people call her a criminal or sick.

Her students called her the best teacher in the whole wide world

You decide

Rocky Raccoon
08-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by CaptainCrunch@Aug 4 2004, 10:16 AM
Some people call her a criminal or sick.

Her students called her the best teacher in the whole wide world

You decide
Well at least one student said she was great, and oh yeah he learned a lot too.

Fuzzy McGillicuddy
08-04-2004, 12:18 PM
In other news: rampant truancy among male students at Seattle-area high schools today.

I-Hate-Hulse
08-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Looks like the courts have said there's nothing really they can do to stop them getting back together if they want: he's an adult now.

Love? (http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/08/06/letourneau/index.html)

Then again, in Fedorov was in cahoots with Kournikova when she was 16 right? 12 is definately over the line but like I said before, I wonder what the hell's going on in her head about this.

octothorp
08-06-2004, 02:25 PM
I really feel sorry for this couple's kids. That's going to be a crappy life to try to come to terms with.