PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto IV

sadora
03-29-2007, 01:23 PM
For any fans of the Grand Theft Auto Franchise here on CP, the trailer for this new game will be up in a couple of hours. I've been watching this countdown for quite some time now and I'm pretty excited to see what else they can do with this game.

Here's the link: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

InSutterWeTrust
03-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the link, too bad it dosent come out till the fall.
If anyone is looking for a game to play similar to GTA, try out Saints Row,
I just finished playing it, I really enjoyed it for the Xbox 360.

Nehkara
03-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the link, too bad it dosent come out till the fall.
If anyone is looking for a game to play similar to GTA, try out Saints Row,
I just finished playing it, I really enjoyed it for the Xbox 360.

Game absolutely rules. I loved it... SO much fun!

I especially liked Insurance Fraud.

alltherage
03-29-2007, 01:37 PM
My buddy has crackdown, and while its not totally the same, i'm bloody addicted every time im at his house. Too bad I dont have $500 to blow on a 360.

Slava
03-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Sweet! I'm very much looking forward to another title!

Daradon
03-29-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm still not done San Andreas. Nor do I have a PS3, lol!

One of my favorite series, after the Final Fantasy series which I've played since episode 1 on the original NES

White Snow Bear
03-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Liberty City

phaneuf_train
03-29-2007, 04:36 PM
http://media.rockstargames.com/iv/1280x720.wmv Seems a lot like The Godfather part deux.

sadora
03-29-2007, 04:44 PM
I can't wait until this game comes out. The graphics look good and I'm glad to see them go back to liberty city.

sadora
03-29-2007, 04:55 PM
http://media.rockstargames.com/iv/1280x720.wmv Seems a lot like The Godfather part deux.

That trailer for LA Noir looks pretty cool.

Flames_Gimp
03-29-2007, 05:00 PM
OMG OMG Awesome!!

metallicat
03-29-2007, 05:04 PM
So is this game going to come out for the 360 at the same time as the PS3 game?

fanforever1986
03-29-2007, 05:24 PM
So is this game going to come out for the 360 at the same time as the PS3 game?

yea it will. good news for my addiction, bad news for my social life.

Mith
03-29-2007, 05:34 PM
yea it will. good news for my addiction, bad news for my social life.

Any news on it coming out for PC? PC is my pride and joy :p

sadora
03-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Any news on it coming out for PC? PC is my pride and joy :p

I'm sure that it will come out for PC, they have been consistent so far with the rest of their titles. But seeing all the improvements with their graphics I'm defenitely thinking of buying a 360 for this title.

phaneuf_train
03-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Haha, woops wrong link. Here is the real one. http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=18206&type=wmv :w00t:

Inferno
03-29-2007, 05:59 PM
But seeing all the improvements with their graphics I'm defenitely thinking of buying a 360 for this title.

The 360 version is suppose to have exclusive downloadable content too. That might make me consider getting the 360 version instead of waiitng for a PC version.

BlAcKNoVa
03-29-2007, 06:00 PM
A little dissapointed with the trailer. I had hoped they would have showed some of the actual gameplay other then a few flybys of the area. Maybe it's still to early in development though, I don't know heh

From what I saw though, it looks gorgeous. The lighting is amazing. Can't wait for the game.

Inferno
03-29-2007, 07:00 PM
A little dissapointed with the trailer. I had hoped they would have showed some of the actual gameplay other then a few flybys of the area. Maybe it's still to early in development though, I don't know heh

Games are very similiar to movies when it comes to hyping them up. They start off with a teaser trailer to get people talking and then start showing more as the release date nears.

STeeLy
03-29-2007, 09:51 PM
wow... this game looks pretty sweet... too bad i'm only getting it for PC..

Hack&Lube
03-29-2007, 10:56 PM
GTA IV: Eastern European or Middle Eastern Immigrant Gangster?

I stopped playing after GTA: Vice City. I can't live with my protagonist being ugly.

Magnum PEI
03-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Sweet. Another 50 hours of my life I'll never get back. Curse you Rockstar!

sadora
03-29-2007, 11:29 PM

I stopped playing after GTA: Vice City. I can't live with my protagonist being ugly.

I couldn't figure that out either. I was kind of guessing Sicilian but Middle Eastern would be kind of interesting. Really I could care less what the race of the protagonist is, I just like these games.

SpitFire40
03-29-2007, 11:30 PM
I haven't enjoyed a GTA since GTA:III but i'm loving the Godfather on Wii just for the controls

Hack&Lube
03-29-2007, 11:39 PM
I couldn't figure that out either. I was kind of guessing Sicilian but Middle Eastern would be kind of interesting. Really I could care less what the race of the protagonist is, I just like these games.

I play GTA to live vicariously in the game...I need some way to associate myself with the protagonist in my eyes. Lately, most GTA characters are hard for me to accept.

sadora
03-29-2007, 11:47 PM
I play GTA to live vicariously in the game...I need some way to associate myself with the protagonist in my eyes. Lately, most GTA characters are hard for me to accept.

It would be great if they incorporated a system where you could create your own character like you have in sport games. I think that would be a really good way to get people even more hooked into their games. Personally the storyline and the general game play do it for me, especially with the maps getting bigger and the interaction within that world becoming more interesting.

Hack&Lube
03-29-2007, 11:59 PM
It would be great if they incorporated a system where you could create your own character like you have in sport games. I think that would be a really good way to get people even more hooked into their games. Personally the storyline and the general game play do it for me, especially with the maps getting bigger and the interaction within that world becoming more interesting.

In any case, I'd rather just explore the city rather than do the violent things in the game. They need to just make a city exploration game.

impresso
03-30-2007, 12:59 AM
Hmm, can anybody help I can't get the second link to work and I can't seem to find the WMP plugin

Inferno
03-30-2007, 01:17 AM
It would be great if they incorporated a system where you could create your own character like you have in sport games.

You can do that in Saints Row.

BlAcKNoVa
03-30-2007, 03:24 AM
Hmm, can anybody help I can't get the second link to work and I can't seem to find the WMP plugin

If you haven't found the Youtube link yet, here's one from teamxbox.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/4509/Things-Will-Be-Different-QT/ (http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/4509/Things-Will-Be-Different-QT/)

eazyduzzit
03-30-2007, 04:53 AM
Those graphics look unreal.

All I hope they do is improve the driving physics to a little more realistic. If anyone has ever played the Getaway...now theres some realistic driving. From acceleration to breaking and turning...it seems very real. Maybe some camera angles inside the car too, with all the details and such. Instead of just a half ass first person view with no details whatsoever.

Multiplayer would be nice as well.

I don't buy the games on the consoles anyway, they are always far better graphics wise and control wise for the computer. Then you can download car mods..add ons...map mods and play multiplayer.

Looking forward to this for sure.

Do any of you play San Andreas multplayer?

Jayems
02-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Update:

Looks like the website has been updated with a schwack of new content.

Multiplayer? Sweet. Anyone know what that'll be about?

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

metallicat
02-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Update:

Looks like the website has been updated with a schwack of new content.

Multiplayer? Sweet. Anyone know what that'll be about?

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/How do you navigate that website? I just see an image of Liberty City, with music playing, and nothing else loads...

OutOfTheCube
02-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Weak graphics, same gameplay as the older games just 'bigger'.

It's a shame, they really had an opportunity to make something special here. As it is, other developers are doing WAY more interesting things in the genre (see: Prototype and APB)

Devils'Advocate
02-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Same gameplay and bigger. Where do I sign up?

I've been waiting for this ever since I bought the PS3. I've rented a few games, but this will be the first one I buy.

I wish Saints Row had come out for the PS3, but they canceled the project for some reason.

KTown
02-26-2008, 10:37 PM
I can't wait for this game!

The best series ever for video games

I thought Scarface was a damn good game as well!!!!

KTown
02-26-2008, 10:38 PM

I think it's the russian mob!

OutOfTheCube
02-26-2008, 11:47 PM
I remember why I don't try to talk games on non-gaming forums now...

Russic
02-27-2008, 10:35 AM

Do you really think you'd get a different response on a dedicated gaming site? The fact of the matter is that despite "advancements" in the sandbox genre, nothing has been able to actually surpass the GTA series in terms of immersion for most people. Of course you would probably disagree, but I think most would still side with GTA as the cream of the crop.

The graphics aren't great, but graphics have never been GTA's thing. GTA graphics have been weak ever since the inception and it hasn't really slowed the game down.

I also disagree with your claim that it's bigger, as GTA IV is actually supposed to be smaller than San Andreas. Personally I prefer it to be much smaller as I never had time to memorize the map as I did with Liberty City.

Nabber
02-27-2008, 11:05 AM
In any case, I'd rather just explore the city rather than do the violent things in the game. They need to just make a city exploration game.Yeah I love just wandering around the Grand Theft cities exploring them as well, til a cabby or another driver cuts me off then I gotta blow the crap out of their car and beat them up on the street, wait of the ambulance to come revive then, and then take then out again :D.

In all serious I'm nuts about the Grand Theft Auto Series, it's the only game I buy right on release day and play forever even for hours and hours even after I've finished all the missions. Every one Rockstar has put the effort to make better and this one looks amazing, can't wait.

Nufy
02-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Are they going to add Dion's truck ???????

rockstar
02-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Site doesn't work for me. So when is it coming out?

CaptainCrunch
02-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Favorate Grand theft auto moments.

GTA 1 - Oh my god the bridge is out and the cops are chasing me, what do I do. Oh no skid, I ain't gonna make it . . . and I'm dead

GTA 2 - Look at all of those hari Krishna's all dancing on the sidewalk. Ok I just need to go down this one way the wrong way, get up on the sidewalk . . . crap missed one, thank god for the reverse gear. What are ya talking about wanted? For that?

GTA 3 - besides the 3d thing. The mission where you have to prove your loyalty to the Yakuza by taking a sniper rifle back to the mob neighbour hood and kill your own mentor. I always knee capped the and then shot him in the face as he was hopping on one foot

GTA 4 Vice City - On a moped in a white 80's suit with the cops chasing you and flock of seagulls blasting on the stereo.

GTA 5 San Andreas - Jumping in a harrier jump jet and strafing the lunch time crowd.

Second favorite moment. Baiting the police and FBI and army in. Jumping off of a second story building, landing on a tank and stealing it and then going totally insane.

Old Yeller
02-27-2008, 11:28 AM

Awww muffin, don't cry.

Like Russic said, GTA isn't about the graphics, it's all about the gameplay.

rockstar
02-27-2008, 11:33 AM
OutOfTheCube - Official author of the Nerd Quote of the Week.

TurnedTheCorner
02-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Are they going to add Dion's truck ???????
:#1:

Knut
02-27-2008, 02:03 PM
I will play it like i Did all the others... get my brother to finish all the levels, and then get the cheat codes that give me all the guns.. next find a great spot to camp out to snipe/blow up cars.... wait until 5 stars and then jump onto the street and see how far i make it.

Do that for an hour here and there... then get bored of the game in a few weeks.