PDA

View Full Version : Good Samaritan Appeals For Victim's Help

calf
08-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Link (http://cfcnplus.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/scfcn/CTVNews/20040803/samaritan_whupped_040803/Canada/story)

Unbelievable courage this man showed. We can discuss the incident, but my real question is this: if you were Kevin Venn, what would you have done? Honestly.

Dirty Mr. Clean
08-04-2004, 12:38 AM
I try to help you people when I can but other people around sometimes just want to help and it gets you into trouble. People just can't turn a blind eye to people in trouble it makes the problem that much worse.

JiriHrdina
08-04-2004, 01:13 AM
I have no trouble admitting in a situation like this I would not have intervened.
A. You could get beat up like this guy did
B. Worse yet you could get shot or stabbed

I would call the police and perhaps yell at them to let them know that the police were on the way.

Not sure if this makes me a coward or just smart. Tough call. I admire the guy's bravery.

calf
08-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by JiriHrdina@Aug 4 2004, 01:13 AM
I have no trouble admitting in a situation like this I would not have intervened.
A. You could get beat up like this guy did
B. Worse yet you could get shot or stabbed

I would call the police and perhaps yell at them to let them know that the police were on the way.

Not sure if this makes me a coward or just smart. Tough call. I admire the guy's bravery.
Yea, I likely would do the same. I think any police officer would say not to risk your safety to save another - just to call them. I admire this man's bravery to no end, and that picture of him is pretty dang horrifying.

I'm wondering what happened to the co-worker?