PDA

View Full Version : Pleasantly Surprised

Regulator75
08-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Everyone has had some type of experiance like this.

Trying something for the first time and totally digging it, before thinking it would be nasty or tasting like pure crap.

I would have to say that new Diet-Coke with Lime is pretty damn tasty, same with diet 7UP (it actually tastes better than the original).

Also, I had a Chai Tea Latte from Steeps on 17th Ave SW and I was blown away.
(This coming from a regular Cup of Joe drinking guy)

Calgary Flames
08-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Vietnamese Soup (Pho)... I've always liked their spring rolls, rice dishes but for some reason the soup grossed me out when I'd see people eating it, but I love that stuff now! especially on a cold winter day.

calculoso
08-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Regulator75@Aug 3 2004, 06:30 PM
I would have to say that new Diet-Coke with Lime is pretty damn tasty
I wish there wasn't that Diet-Coke taste in it though.

If they'd add Lime to the regular Coke, they'd have me as an occational buyer. With that Diet Coke taste in it though, I won't buy it (after I choke down the last of the 12-pack I have).

I don't know what it is about that Diet Coke taste, but I can't stand it.

oilboy2
08-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Give clear creek ice beer a shot. at 20bucks a flat it also has a very good taste to it.

Table 5
08-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by calculoso@Aug 4 2004, 12:48 AM
that would be your aspertame.
probably a good thing to stay away from anyway considering it's a carcinogen.

Reggie Dunlop
08-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Ma Po Bean Curd.

Yeah I know it's tofu and everything, but it's good. Damn good.

lucid
08-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Nutella and peanut butter on toast. Honestly...I've been doing it since I was little and it's the greatest thing. Though it's hard convincing people it actually tastes good. :P

Table 5
08-03-2004, 07:19 PM
cheese pizza.

ive always been a pepperoni and mushroom man who laughed at the peons eating a plain slice. but one day i didnt have enough money for topings, so i was forced to get just cheese. I didnt bust a nut or anything, but i was actually quite surprised at how very delicious it was without the extras! Now i alternate.....mushpep one day, plain slice the other.

Table 5
08-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by lucid@Aug 4 2004, 01:17 AM
Nutella and peanut butter on toast. Honestly...I've been doing it since I was little and it's the greatest thing. Though it's hard convincing people it actually tastes good. :P
i dunno, that sounds very tasty too me.....but ive been a nutella fan since a wee child as well. although instead of peanut butter, i like to have it spread with plain butter as opposed to the peanut variety.

Reaper
08-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Table 5+Aug 3 2004, 07:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Table 5 @ Aug 3 2004, 07:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-calculoso@Aug 4 2004, 12:48 AM
that would be your aspertame.
probably a good thing to stay away from anyway considering it's a carcinogen. [/b][/quote]
In Megadoses... i.e. 1000x the maximum daily intake :blink:

Table 5
08-03-2004, 07:50 PM
hey you take your chances on aspertame, ill take mine on something else.
besides, it tastes like ass.

photon
08-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I can't get used to the taste of aspertame. There's a diet drink that uses sucralose though, I can't remember which one but I recall trying it and thinking it was ok.

Donairs for me, I thought they were all strange and would taste gross, then I tried one and I liked it!

Five-hole
08-03-2004, 08:17 PM
On that note, photon, I love Falafel wraps. I loved my donairs until I stopped eating beef, so I tried the falafel...tasty & delicious. Pita on the Run at the University makes a good one.

Reaper
08-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Table 5@Aug 3 2004, 07:50 PM
hey you take your chances on aspertame, ill take mine on something else.
besides, it tastes like ass.
I'm not "taking my chances" by consuming aspertame. There has yet to be conclusive study that shows aspertame to be carcinogenic. If you have links to any that would show otherwise I would be more than willing to look at them.

btw, if you think ass tastes 100x sweeter than sucrose then you need a tastebud recalibration.