PDA

View Full Version : No No No

C Of Cup
06-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Why did you get rid of the NHL forum? Everything is to cluttered in that one area.:whaa:

calculoso
06-20-2006, 09:26 PM
howso? Flames hockey and NHL hockey go hand in hand.

Reggie Dunlop
06-20-2006, 10:11 PM
NHL and Flames as separate categories is too much overlap.

IMO "Power Ring" should be merged with "Buy and Sell" (with limitations to prevent spamming).

A forum should also be set up for Prospects and Farm News, seeing as many object to their inclusion on the main forum. Why? I've never been able to figure out, but there's a huge pool of hostility on the part of several.

C Of Cup
06-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Prospects forum should be set up as well. Flames is Flames, not Avs, Nucks, Rangers, Peter Laviolette and Patrice Bergeron.

I think there is too many topics to cover to throw them all in one area especially for people like me who visit 3 maybe 4 times a week, i'd like to know what i missed without digging through pages.

Flames

NHL

Prospects

3 main categories that should go without saying IMO.

calculoso
06-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Prospects forum should be set up as well. Flames is Flames, not Avs, Nucks, Rangers, Peter Laviolette and Patrice Bergeron.

I think there is too many topics to cover to throw them all in one area especially for people like me who visit 3 maybe 4 times a week, i'd like to know what i missed without digging through pages.

Flames

NHL

Prospects

3 main categories that should go without saying IMO.

Okay... so you have an article on Pelech. Which forum should it go in? Flames? Prospects? Applies to both.

So you have an article on the Salary cap. Which forum should it go in? Flames? NHL? Applies to both.

If you don't want to go through pages of posts, visit more often! What's the difference between going through 3 pages in one forum vs 1.5 pages in 2 forums? If anything, the 1.5 pages in 2 forums is more clicks and takes more time.

C Of Cup
06-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Okay... so you have an article on Pelech. Which forum should it go in? Flames? Prospects? Applies to both.

So you have an article on the Salary cap. Which forum should it go in? Flames? NHL? Applies to both.

If you don't want to go through pages of posts, visit more often! What's the difference between going through 3 pages in one forum vs 1.5 pages in 2 forums? If anything, the 1.5 pages in 2 forums is more clicks and takes more time.

Salary Cap for the Flames??? would go into Flames. Prospects are prospects, if they are not yet on the Flames or were on the Flames and back in the system they are prospects. League Salary Cap would go into NHL.

I didn't think it was that hard for someone to understand. I'm just an organized person i guess.

Bobblehead
06-21-2006, 02:17 PM
There are too many grey areas - in one forum is fine. Maybe if there is too many threads during the season they can be split out, but right now one is enough.

Buff
06-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Some people see things differently as to which forum a certain topic would belong to. C of Cup, you may like to be more organized, but your organization could be confusing to some, while others ideas of how to organize the board could be confusing to others.

I liked having two forums, I also like having just one forum. I can see the benefits of both ways, however for the people who run this place, I think just one forum is easier on them.

evman150
06-22-2006, 01:29 AM
Salary Cap for the Flames??? would go into Flames. Prospects are prospects, if they are not yet on the Flames or were on the Flames and back in the system they are prospects. League Salary Cap would go into NHL.

I didn't think it was that hard for someone to understand. I'm just an organized person i guess.

I see your join date was last month. We've never had a separate NHL sub forum here until very recently. So none of us are used to it anyway and one big hockey forum is enough.