PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on main thread split...

FurnaceFace
06-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Has there been any though, past of present, in adding an NHL main thread? Currently there is just the Fire and Ice thread and it seems to get used for all NHL talk Flames related or not. I was thinking it would be nice to just read about Flames related items instead of wading through stuff about other teams. Perhaps it's just more noticable now as most of the threads are Oiler focused. I don't mind the Oiler talk, they're in the SCF so it makes sense and I like to read about other teams. However, having the option to hit one thread which was Flames only (as much as possible) to get news on the team would be great...and based on the name of the thread seems to have been the original intent.

Again, if there is some history I missed, and this was tried but nobody used the other thread then feel free to enlighten me.

Thanks for all your work on the site, we might not always say it, but we appreciate it.

Temporary_User
06-12-2006, 09:06 PM
seems like this suggestion has been taken upon.
I posted a similar suggestion a while back, but with more options aswell, I didnt get a reply. Its good that we got this option now too though!
I agree 100% w/ orig poster.

photon
06-13-2006, 01:49 PM
We don't always reply to suggestions, but always do read them and take them into considerations.

albertGQ
06-16-2006, 12:08 PM
I don't like it. I like having my hockey talk all in one forum.
Whats next? A seperate forum for CHL talk because its getting cluttered in the NHL one? An AHL forum.

I hope this split is jsut temporary and when the playoff run (OIler run) is over, we have just the one Fire and Ice forum for hockey talk

KevanGuy
06-16-2006, 12:55 PM
The biggest reason that I like it is during the season topics wont fall off the front page so fast. It will give people more of an opportunity to discover and discuss topics. It wasn't a problem in the past but now that the membership has expanded I thought it would help.

But, it doesnt look like it's gonna stick around so, it's all a mute point anyway.

notoepik
06-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Why isn't it going to stick?

FurnaceFace
06-17-2006, 03:56 PM
I've just always thought it odd the forum was titled "Fire and Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum" but everyone posted anything NHL related in it. I could only guess there used to be an NHL forum at one point and it disappeared.

I like the split because I can look for Flames related stuff without having to wade through everything else and can then, if I choose, go to the NHL forum. As KG says, you end up missing les stuff. And really, how hard is it to click on two forums? You read the local sports and off topic and buy sell by hitting other forums, so I don't see the big deal.

I think people just need some time to get used to the split and it will work smoothly. If everyone is still whining later in the summer then perhaps stick it all back together, change the forum title and then for special occasions - like the trade deadline or playoffs break out a new forum.

calculoso
06-19-2006, 02:43 PM
I like the split because I can look for Flames related stuff without having to wade through everything else and can then, if I choose, go to the NHL forum. As KG says, you end up missing les stuff. And really, how hard is it to click on two forums? You read the local sports and off topic and buy sell by hitting other forums, so I don't see the big deal.

And really, how hard is it to wade through additional pages? The only way you miss stuff is if you don't go through all the content. The same will happen regardless of how many forums there are.

Really, it's unnecessary. The dividing line between "Flames related" and "NHL related" is much too blurry.