PDA

View Full Version : Real Estate Agent

Nabber
04-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Nm

Eddie Bronze
04-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Of course there will be a CP discount, I haven’t decided completely what it is at the current time... (tmcnabb@cirrealtors.com)

Waive the realtor fees! :w00t:

just kidding! :lol:

troutman
04-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Nabber is a good man. Give him a call.

Nabber
04-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Waive the realtor fees! :w00t: Haha Eddie I get that joke a lot when it comes to commission talk time, actually a funny scenario I remember is a client of mine said "so let's talk commissions" I'm like "ok", he goes "so how bad are you gonna rip me off", I laughed.

Fotze no problem doing the appraisal at all, I actually love doing it and there's no pressure at all, I'll PM you for details.

rubecube
04-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Q: How pricey would a 2 bedroom condo in Connaught be?

Nabber
04-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Q: How pricey would a 2 bedroom condo in Connaught be?Well there's this awesome penthouse for sale right now for 896,000 :w00t:, but realistically you can find one in connaught ranging from 165k-275k, the higher priced ones are brand new. PM me your email and price range and I can send you all the new properties that come on the market in that area.

Eddie Bronze
05-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Haha Eddie I get that joke a lot when it comes to commission talk time, actually a funny scenario I remember is a client of mine said "so let's talk commissions" I'm like "ok", he goes "so how bad are you gonna rip me off", I laughed.

Oh, I'm rolling on the floor, that's hilarious! :lol:

All joking aside though, I'm probably going to be looking later this year, maybe in the fall so I may contact you then.

Calgary Flames
05-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Real estate agents suck... A chimpanzee could do their job. They are so greedy it's not even funny. Not all of them... some realtors actually take pride in not ripping you off.

Sorry i'm just bitter. We're just renting and our lease is expiring. It took 2 months to sell the house we're in now. Every freaking day pretty much we had someone in to look at the place.

Especially with MLS, you'd get a realtor who's only job would be to ring the fricken door bell, they knew absolutely nothing about the house and would've gotten commission if they sold it...

My Dad's company is working on a new project that you can list your own place without a realtor's "help"

Anyhoo, if you must chose a real estate agent, Choose Nabber. You seem like a genuine fellow. 90% of the agents that came through here were total ######s.

troutman
05-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Reasons to use a realtor:

http://www.creb.com/public/awareness/use_realtor.php

Realtor® vs. Selling Your Own Home
http://www.creb.com/public/awareness/sell_home.php

The hot market and why using a REALTOR makes (dollars) and sense
http://www.cren.ca/content_view2?CONTENT_ID=2371

The Calgary Real Estate Board has been offering its membership (REALTORS), workshops regarding the current real estate climate and proper presentation and representation of multiple offers. REALTORS are responding to the demand from their buyers and sellers, for effective services that are relevant to the current real estate situation.

Tron_fdc
05-18-2006, 02:57 PM
One thing that I was told was that if you don't use a realtor, expect people to offer you 10% less than your asking price.

I would never buy a house without a realtor. Although the work they do is pretty minimal, they're essential to use as medians whenever you negotiate, or have to chase after someone (like a builder) when you need something done. Our realtor we used when we bought our place was a real BYATCH to the builder, and although we paid her a boatload of commission she has helped us with every aspect of our new place, from negotiating with the tradesmen to waiting outside our house to let them in.

Oh yeah, use Troutman as a lawyer. Cheaper than my mom.

Nabber
05-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Oh yeah, use Troutman as a lawyer. Cheaper than my mom.Yes Troutman's the best, thanks for all the good work with my clients!

There are a lot of things you're protected from when using a realtor, there are huge disclosure issues with regards to the conduct of a realtor. Let's say you but a house for sale by owner and don't do a home inspection or the home inspection missed say a former grow operation, and that house is found to have 40,000 dollars in mold damage later on, then you're on the hook for that money. If it was through an agent then the seller's agent must disclose that information therefore they would be liable for that damage, but I'm sure sometimes it works out better not to use one. I'm one to admit there are deals on welist if you know how to search, but in this market I would never use that site to sell, 500 people browsing the site, or 5000 realtors with probably 3-5 buyers each waiting to buy?

And Tron, cheaper than your mom, that comment made me laugh!

Eddie Bronze
05-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Cheaper than my mom.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh you just wait, there's no way fotze has seen this yet!

Nabber
01-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Well I figured I'd give my thread the New Years bump, give everyone here a little info on the real estate market going into 2007. With the overload of listings over the past few months I think many Calgarians including myself were a little weary of home ownership. I believe at its highest point there were over 7,000 homes for sale in Calgary, with a normal number being in the 5,000 range. At todays date (Jan 2/07) there are currently 3,653 active listings (http://www.creb.com/index.php, top right corner shows the current number) in Calgary which is down from 7,000 last month.

Last year January 2006 the active listings were 2,981 (view statistics in crebs site), which lead to a crazy few months which saw multiple offer situations and homes going up on average of $500 per day. Taking the numbers into consideration those worried about prices going down have nothing to fear as I believe there will be another smaller price hike going into the busy months. If you're on the edge debating buying I would take the plunge as Calgary is growing at an exceptional rate and with 35, even 40 year mortgages home ownership is still relatively affordable.

I just purchased my first home with Mr. AlbertGQ and that shows I believe what i say. Anyone who needs help with their real estate needs I would love to be involved in the process PM or call anytime, Happy New Year CP!! Go Flames Go.

I_am_Beast
01-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Nabber my place is going on the market at the end of the month. Still under new home warranty, so no grow-ops here.

You do home estimates? (selling price?) ect....

Not sure is we are going the realtor route..

photon
01-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Well I figured I'd give my thread the New Years bump, give everyone here a little info on the real estate market going into 2007. With the overload of listings over the past few months I think many Calgarians including myself were a little weary of home ownership. I believe at its highest point there were over 7,000 homes for sale in Calgary, with a normal number being in the 5,000 range. At todays date (Jan 2/07) there are currently 3,653 active listings (http://www.creb.com/index.php, top right corner shows the current number) in Calgary which is down from 7,000 last month.

Last year January 2006 the active listings were 2,981 (view statistics in crebs site), which lead to a crazy few months which saw multiple offer situations and homes going up on average of $500 per day. Taking the numbers into consideration those worried about prices going down have nothing to fear as I believe there will be another smaller price hike going into the busy months. If you're on the edge debating buying I would take the plunge as Calgary is growing at an exceptional rate and with 35, even 40 year mortgages home ownership is still relatively affordable.

I just purchased my first home with Mr. AlbertGQ and that shows I believe what i say. Anyone who needs help with their real estate needs I would love to be involved in the process PM or call anytime, Happy New Year CP!! Go Flames Go.

Cool, thanks for the updated info, I always like more and more Real Estate Info.

I've got a couple of houses coming up for sale in the next few months (one in Red Deer in a month or two, and one in Chestermere in late spring hopefully), so this is good news :)