PDA

View Full Version : #11 Florida at #13 Tennessee

sbailey924
09-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Big implications for the SEC East early on in the season. Tennessee is trying to make a decision on two young, talented freshmen quarterbacks while riding behind a rejuvenated power running game (REAL TN football). Florida's Chris Leak (brother of UT's CJ; Chris is also infamous here in TN because he publicly dissed our coach Phil Fulmer on an ESPN.com recruiting diary over whether or not his brother should be played) is bringing Florida's passing attack back to where it was before Steve Spurrier (Johnson City, TN native...a fellow Science Hill High School alumnus with me) left for the NFL.

Basically, during the 90's this game was IT for a Tennessean. After a short dropoff in the significance of it, the game has taken on its 90's form this year. Think the Battle of Alberta during the 80s for you Calgarians.

Also, today very well could be the highest attendance ever at Neyland Stadium (for sure over 108,000).

Watch for me (CBS 8ET), about 45 yd line, 6 rows up in the "Orange Nation" (easily recognizeable chunk of orange) part of the student section. I'm pumped (and hungover).

habernac
09-18-2004, 03:17 PM
My sis dated a huge Vols fan a few years back, he took her to the championship game in 98 (I think it was 98....) and brought me back a nice pennant. Tee Martin was the QB back then I believe. Gotta love the passion for the college game in the states.

moon
09-18-2004, 03:37 PM
It'll be interesting to see how this game plays out. I would prefer that Tennessee would win but don't wuite trust their freshmen QB's to get it done. Although I am sure the atmosphere at the stadium will be unreal and give Tennessee a boost I think that Florida will pull it out in a close 21-17 game.

HighFlyingDonkey
09-18-2004, 04:50 PM
Auburn won today, shockingly, so now the SEC begins to open up.

zarrell
09-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Ouch. Costly missed single point. Tennesse just scored with 3 1/2 minutes to go, but the extra point was wide: 28-27 Gators.

sbailey924
09-19-2004, 12:52 AM
OH MY GOD! BEST GAME I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO!

I really can't say anything else about it, it's that unbelievable to me right now.