PDA

View Full Version : I've about had it with these losers

Resolute 14
09-18-2004, 12:23 AM
I think the decision to boycott this team came in the third quarter when the Stamps were sitting 2nd and 20, and Dunnigan called a 5 yard pass play.

If they arent trying to win, why should I give them any money?

While Crandall's numbers are superficially good, it took him NINE Tries to score a touchdown from within the ten yard line.

First and goal from the 4, and they try to PASS? TWICE?

First and goal from the one, they fail twice then take a penalty on third down to kill the play.

First and goal from the 9, and Crandall throws one of his well timed interceptions.

Second and goal from the 6 in the last minute of the half, and Crandall takes a time count penalty, costing a down.

Hell, from what I heard on the post game show, the one time Crandall did get in, he may not have actually crossed.

McGarrity is absolutely terrified of getting hit, and he is dropping balls as a result.

The defense, while good, is highly overrated. When was the last time it made a big, game-saving play? 2nd and ten three times on the Renegade's winning drive, and all three times, they failed to stop them from gaining yards.

And all of this despite the fact the Renegades were fumbling the ball all night long, and Joeseph was doing a great Crandall impression.

What should have been a 20 point win turned into just another heartbreaking loss.

I think, that I am done with the Stamps until the idiot who bought the team and hired the loser that ran Wally out of town is run out of Calgary himself. Until Feterik is gone, I am. :angry:

calf
09-18-2004, 01:04 AM
That was one emotional roller-coaster of a game.

Usually, I'm one to look a silver linings, but you know what? I'm just p*ssed off. I was bitching and complaining throughout the entire game.

Wane McGarity: What happened to the fan favorite of 2 years ago? You're not making an effort to catch the ball, you're not running when you're lucky enough to catch the ball, you're just not performing. And this hurts because you've been a bright spot the last few seasons. Now, you're one of the problems.

Victor Ike: you can't run the ball. you can't find any holes and break out. But you're awesome at getting first downs when you're given a shovel pass or a dump pass - but once those keep coming, the defence knows what to expect...which isn't your fault. Keep getting those first downs.

Matt Dunnigan: I like you, I really do. I think you're a positive guy, a classy guy, a great face for the organization. You're just in way over your head, buddy. Lose a hat or seven, because you aren't getting anything done on the field. The play calling's attrocious, and your players aren't executing the game plan (assuming there is one), and they aren't even executing the plays...I think you need to give some advice and master QB tips to....

Marcus Crandell: I honestly hope you never wear the red and white ever again. In 2001 you had a 6 game hot streak where you put some wins together and won a Grey Cup...good for you. Before those six games, you sucked. In 2002 you sucked. In 2003 you sucked. In 2004 you suck. You're the worst suck who's ever sucked, in the history of sucking. Here's where you suck: throwing the ball. You are a very inconsistent passer. You one-hop it, or you over throw it, or you throw it out of bounds, or you throw it where there isn't anyone. You need to get it to your guy and make him catch it to be good..but that's just not happening. You can't read defences. At key times in the game, you'll try to make a tight pass, but you throw it right to a player that's tightly covered. Now, I've never played football at a high level, but I know for a fact that you should throw the ball to the guy that's FREAKING OPEN. But nope, you just don't do that. I'm seriously starting to think that you don't want to win. All your career you've had great potential. But that's all you'll ever be...a guy with great potential. Aside from the 6 aformentioned games, you've gone from being a mediocre QB to being a horrible QB. Good day.

:boom:

CaptainCrunch
09-18-2004, 01:21 AM
I'll admit it, I'm a fan of Matt Dunigan, He inherited a team that was a mess, and he's basically has to start over and build it his own way. He's stuck with a lame duck QB, in a league that dosen't have a ton of QB options. The problem with this team is that they have a QB that dosen't think. Crandall once again took a couple of time count violations that killed drives. On the 2 and 20 yard pass that you were talking about. It wasn't the play calling, it was the fact that Crandall dumped it off to his outlet receiver, instead of trying to find the actual receiver.

I don't agree with you on the defense being over rated. Against Edmonton, we allowed one touchdown on defense, against Ottawa we allowed one touchdown on defense. The fact is, in the CFL if your defense can hold a team to under 20 points, there's no reason why you can't win.

the loss on this day sits squarly on the shoulders of number 1 Crandall. Yeah he threw for 300 yards plus, big deal he's adept at killing drives when we need them the most.

I agree MD has to drop some hats, but we have to give him a chance to work. We can't keep firing people because eventually we'll end up like the Rough Riders, we won't be able to attract anyone.

I've been through the Flames not making the playoffs for seven years, this is a walk in the park

:boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom:

pope04
09-18-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by CaptainCrunch@Sep 18 2004, 07:21 AM
the loss on this day sits squarly on the shoulders of number 1 Crandall. Yeah he threw for 300 yards plus, big deal he's adept at killing drives when we need them the most.

Crandell can't perform under pressure. In the last minute of play, when this fragile, young offense needed someone....SOMEONE...to display some poise and leadership, he couldn't get the job done.

That being said, I thought he performed relatively consistently earlier in the game.

pope04
09-18-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by CaptainCrunch@Sep 18 2004, 07:21 AM
I'll admit it, I'm a fan of Matt Dunigan, He inherited a team that was a mess, and he's basically has to start over and build it his own way.
Me, too. I sincerely hope the Stamps give Dunigan a chance next year, too. They've had three head coaches in the past three years. Not one has had the chance to build momentum.

It's gonna be so sweet when this once-proud franchise - THE FLAGSHIP FRANCHISE OF THE CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE - finally turns the corner.

(By the way, the announced attendance was 28, 000 plus. Did anyone else think it was a lot lower than that?)

CaptainCrunch
09-18-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by pope04+Sep 18 2004, 02:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pope04 @ Sep 18 2004, 02:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainCrunch@Sep 18 2004, 07:21 AM
I'll admit it, I'm a fan of Matt Dunigan, He inherited a team that was a mess, and he's basically has to start over and build it his own way.
Me, too. I sincerely hope the Stamps give Dunigan a chance next year, too. They've had three head coaches in the past three years. Not one has had the chance to build momentum.

It's gonna be so sweet when this once-proud franchise - THE FLAGSHIP FRANCHISE OF THE CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE - finally turns the corner.

(By the way, the announced attendance was 28, 000 plus. Did anyone else think it was a lot lower than that?) [/b][/quote]
I thought it was closer to 22000 then anything. not a good sign since it was pretty nice weather last night

ken0042
09-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I think they give attendance as tickets sold, not numbers thru the gates.

What I'll never understand; people leaving in the 4th quarter. The game was within one or 2 points; probably the most exciting game I've been to all year.* Are these the same people who leave a movie 10 minutes before it ends, and then read the review in the paper the next day?

*Stamps fans will say the Bombers game was exciting, as a Bomber fan I didn't like it as much.

calgaryred
09-18-2004, 10:14 AM
Well the stamps are alot better this year than I expected. looking at the line up I aw no changes just more players leaving the team. That equals a worse season. I predicted stamps to go 0-18 or 1-17 I really did, so winning 2 games has been an accomplishment for this squad. The team blows without a confident and smart QB no team in this league can win. Crandell could really consider getting into real estate or something because he's not good enough to play football. The team is the worst in the league there is no doubt!!! In the last 3 years this team has continued to findways to be worse. Now I watch the stamps to see how much they can screw up having no intention they can win. :(

Resolute 14
09-18-2004, 10:26 AM
I was predicting 2-16 myself, and things are looking "good" to reach that.

And I agree about the attendance. 22,000 if they were lucky. Looks good on Feterik.

pope04
09-19-2004, 10:55 AM
I've made the long walk out of McMahon after some pretty devastating playoff losses. '89 and '97 to Saskatchewan. '90, '93 and '96 to Edmonton. '94 and '00 to BC. You guys know the walk. But as I was walking out after the Ottawa game, I felt probably the worst. I can't explain it. Maybe it was all the empty seats, or the fact that people were leaving with 7 minutes left in a two-point game. Maybe it was because of the moment of silence they had for Tyler Zeer. It just seems so hopeless for the Stamps. Wholesale changes are in order, from ownership on down. I consider myself an optimist, but I can't see the Stamps becoming competitive for a while.

Sorry for the melodrama. It's just such a sad time to be a Stampeder fan.

calgaryred
09-19-2004, 02:17 PM
After this owner drove Wally out of town and seeing last night's OT thriller between the Lions and Esks. I wonder if our dear owner regrets giving Buono the door.

Neah he's too pig headed.

The Familia
09-20-2004, 11:21 PM
I kinda like Matt Dunigan, and I think he should still be given another chance next year. One of the big reasons Matt hasn't seemed to be able to calls plays or anything, is because of his job description. How the hell can one person be in charge of coaching, GM, offensive coordinator and I believe one other position, and do a good job? It's impossible to focus all your attentions and skills on a job, when you have three more pouncing on you. Matt needs to get some of this load off him so he can concentrate fully on being a coach. Maybe if our F_____G owner would spend some cash, we could actually hire a GM or offensive coordinator.

JohnnyO
09-21-2004, 09:48 AM
With 2 home games left I expect to see serious amounts of Orange Crush Pop falling from the sky. What a joke!! I agree the play calling is just brutal as is the QB's and lack of running game. Which is sad because the defence is pretty good.

browna
09-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by CaptainCrunch@Sep 18 2004, 01:21 AM

We can't keep firing people because eventually we'll end up like the Rough Riders, we won't be able to attract anyone.

Have you ever been to Regina itself? That's enough of a deterrent.

ken0042
09-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by browna+Sep 21 2004, 12:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (browna @ Sep 21 2004, 12:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainCrunch@Sep 18 2004, 01:21 AM

We can't keep firing people because eventually we'll end up like the Rough Riders, we won't be able to attract anyone.

Have you ever been to Regina itself? That's enough of a deterrent. [/b][/quote]
Just to clarify, the Rough Riders used to play in Ottawa.
The Roughriders play in Regina.

:P

calgaryred
09-22-2004, 02:00 PM
what the hell is a rough rider or roughrider? Stupidest name ever!

Sylvanfan
09-22-2004, 04:14 PM
So stupid they used it twice!!! That still cracks me up. To the best of my knowlege the CFL came after the invention of the telegraph and the completion of the CPR, so what was the excuse? I'm a Lions fan from my days of living in B.C. and Wally Buono is the best thing that ever happened to the Lions. Before Buono came to Calgary the Stamps were a bit of a lowlife organization, after Wally came to town they were a consistant winner, and Stamp fans could bank on having 7 wins in the first half of the season. Feterik should have just kept the status quo and he'd still have a top notch team run by a good football guy in Buono. Whats up with all the ex-quarterbacks being head coaches in the CFL anyways? Barret, Dunnigan, Lancaster, Paopoa? Which team will Damon Allen be coaching in two years?

octothorp
09-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by calgaryred@Sep 22 2004, 01:00 PM
A roughrider (and, presumably a rough rider as well, but the first spelling is more correct) is a cowboy who specializes in breaking wild horses and getting them to wear a saddle.

JohnnyO
09-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by octothorp+Sep 23 2004, 01:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (octothorp @ Sep 23 2004, 01:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-calgaryred@Sep 22 2004, 01:00 PM
A roughrider (and, presumably a rough rider as well, but the first spelling is more correct) is a cowboy who specializes in breaking wild horses and getting them to wear a saddle. [/b][/quote]
Have you seen the women in that province? ;)