PDA

View Full Version : Watchdog

Cheese
09-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Starts biting hard as of today....48 hours to get any issue fixed or rules apply.

looooob
09-13-2004, 02:19 PM
woof

Mccree
09-13-2004, 02:22 PM
What about the IR list. is that being enforced now?

Cheese
09-13-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Mccree@Sep 13 2004, 03:22 PM
no...it cant be.

Mccree
09-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by GerryCheevers+Sep 13 2004, 02:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GerryCheevers @ Sep 13 2004, 02:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mccree@Sep 13 2004, 03:22 PM
no...it cant be. [/b][/quote]
Does that mean the we cannot use the IR to shelther salary cap room. Since we will be using the simualtor for Injuries, no team should have any players on the IR once the season starts unless the simulator indicates an injury. I hoep I understand this correctly.

Cheese
09-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Mccree+Sep 13 2004, 03:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mccree @ Sep 13 2004, 03:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by GerryCheevers@Sep 13 2004, 02:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mccree@Sep 13 2004, 03:22 PM
no...it cant be.
Does that mean the we cannot use the IR to shelther salary cap room. Since we will be using the simualtor for Injuries, no team should have any players on the IR once the season starts unless the simulator indicates an injury. I hoep I understand this correctly. [/b][/quote]
yes you can...nothing changes except that if you get a Watchdog...deal with it.

Hanna Sniper
09-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Ok this is getting a little confusing, one thread says one thing and this one says the other and it's still a sticky. :blink:
for a period of 15 days past the seasons opener, or October 26th. Once the 26th is reached penalties will ensue for teams who are over rosters or Caps. This should give the sim enough time to create an IR list that effects most teams
The Other Thread (http://forum.calgarypuck.com/index.php?showtopic=1979)
Damn computers are messing up everything ;)

Cheese
09-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Hanna Sniper@Sep 13 2004, 07:48 PM
Ok this is getting a little confusing, one thread says one thing and this one says the other and it's still a sticky. :blink:
for a period of 15 days past the seasons opener, or October 26th. Once the 26th is reached penalties will ensue for teams who are over rosters or Caps. This should give the sim enough time to create an IR list that effects most teams
no confusion here Hanna...IF a team is over cap or under roster..or over roster they will get a Watchdog. This has zip to do with injuries....some GMs just want it to be.
The email you get reminding you to check your IR is NOT the Watchdog...but could lead to it.

Mccree
09-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by GerryCheevers+Sep 13 2004, 07:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GerryCheevers @ Sep 13 2004, 07:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Hanna Sniper@Sep 13 2004, 07:48 PM
no confusion here Hanna...IF a team is over cap or under roster..or over roster they will get a Watchdog. This has zip to do with injuries....some GMs just want it to be.
The email you get reminding you to check your IR is NOT the Watchdog...but could lead to it. [/b][/quote]
I guess the question is. IF we are using the simulator for injuries should players only be allowed on the IR IF the sim causes an injury? Therefore all players on the current IR should not be there and thus causing some teams to be over the cap, (like my team) which would cause a watchdog warning that needs to be dealt with.

Cheese
09-13-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Mccree+Sep 13 2004, 09:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mccree @ Sep 13 2004, 09:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by GerryCheevers@Sep 13 2004, 07:09 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Hanna Sniper@Sep 13 2004, 07:48 PM
The email you get reminding you to check your IR is NOT the Watchdog...but could lead to it.
I guess the question is. IF we are using the simulator for injuries should players only be allowed on the IR IF the sim causes an injury? Therefore all players on the current IR should not be there and thus causing some teams to be over the cap, (like my team) which would cause a watchdog warning that needs to be dealt with. [/b][/quote]
you can use Rotoworld for Injuries right now....until the preseason....then we will start a relaxation therapy for stressed GMs....that will last 15 days after the season starts...then we will cause stress again.
You need to decide what to do between now and those 15 days after season statrs...just in case you remain injury free.... :rolleyes: