PDA

View Full Version : DMaxie signed, sealed, delivered

calculoso
09-13-2004, 10:30 AM
I haven't found a link confirming it, but this morning on QR77's sports news it was reported that Demetrious Maxie has signed a "long term deal" with the Stamps.

Definitely good news and can only help to strengthen an already good defense. Now, if only Dunigan could do something similar with the offense...

JiriHrdina
09-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Double post. Sorry.

JiriHrdina
09-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Very good signing and increases the chances of us dealing Joe Fleming for help on Offense.

Flickered Flame
09-13-2004, 10:36 AM
I heard it up here in deadmonton on team 1260 this morning as well...does this signing open the door to a Joe Fleming trade for a top QB?

calgaryred
09-13-2004, 11:02 AM
I think so! This is the best news since the Stamps pulled off a win week one.

calculoso
09-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Confirmed:
Stamps News Release (http://www.stampeders.com/news/fullstory.php?subaction=showfull&id=1095096009&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&)

moon
09-13-2004, 12:52 PM
I really hope that this means that we are able to trade Fleming for a QB. I love Joe and don't want him to leave but he does not seem happy here and with Maxie back we have a much greater need at QB then on defense especially on the D-Line. Actually the D-Line looks pretty good with Maxie, Napastuk and Smith. Add in Robertson filling in as well and the D-Line is fairly solid even without Fleming.

octothorp
09-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I would hate to see Fleming go, too, but given that he's near the end of his career (probably), it would make sense for us, and it would make sense for a team deep at QB to go after him for a playoff run.

Joe's my favorite out of any current Stampeder--the guy has amazing heart and strength; everything you want in a football player, and he fills the roll that AJ had. That said, there are enough guys on this team who can step up and be that player. Either way, the Maxie move is great--really sets up future moves.