PDA

View Full Version : Neon Deion

Patek23
09-12-2004, 11:58 AM
What's everyones thought about Deion Sanders coming back to the NFL? IMO he'll play avergage but won't be the same super star he was before.

Cowboy
09-12-2004, 12:03 PM
He will show signs of greatness, but I think he will be comparable to Jordan and what he did in basketball after coming out of retirement.

I think he is just upset because for the last year he had to report on what a showboat Terrell Owens is and he wants to show him up. Wouldn't be suprised if I see a Laptop under the Goal post Pad for him to e-mail people after he returns an INT for a touchdown.

Then again we don't which Deion will show up? Preacher, or Showboater.

JiriHrdina
09-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Its all about how he is used.

He has enough god given talent and intelligence to be an effective player even though his physical abilities are diminished.

As an extra DB in nickle packages, and pass situations in a game he will be effective. Playing around 50-60% of the defenesive snaps.

If though the Ravens start using him more than that - if he starts playing anywhere near 80% of the defensive snaps I don't think he will be nearly as effective.

I'm not sure if he has the speed to be able to return kicks not or still. I will be interested to see if they try to use him in that fashion.

Overall though for what they are paying him, I thought it was a very good move.

Cowboy
09-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Jiri, what is he getting paid anyway?

JiriHrdina
09-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy@Sep 12 2004, 12:05 PM
Jiri, what is he getting paid anyway?
1.5 million I believe + incentives.

troutman
09-12-2004, 02:42 PM
"Past Your Primetime".

Sign at the Cleveland Game.