PDA

View Full Version : Player Eligibility for 2004/05 season

Cheese
09-07-2004, 12:47 PM
OK GMs,
heres the scoop on eligibility. This is sure to make 50% happy, and 50% angry. Live with it either way.
The Commissioners voted on whether players that were long term injured, or moving to Europe, were eligible or not to play in the CPHL this year, IF AND ONLY IF the NHL is locked out. This does not count towards any NHL player that retires, if they retire they retire here. All players who have been in Europe for at least 2 years are also officially retired, so please feel free to divest yourselves of those players still on your roster that fall in this bracket....unless you wish to keep wishing. No player who has played in Europe for 2 years will be eligible for season ending awards in the AHL.

The vote was 3-1, with no abstentions, to ALLOW all players who were long term injured or who play in Europe this year to play in the CPHL this year, (eg Bure, Allison, etc). Once again, IF we start with SIM injuries this year we will continue until seasons end using the Sim. If the Sim places a player on IR it will be posted via the html source it creates as well as on your roster in the IR section. PAY attention to it....this is new area for us and monitoring it may prove cumbersome.
Teams who now have players on IR using our Rotoworld site as a basis can leave the players there IF they desire, or remove them. Once pre-season action officially rolls in, we will allow all teams to use all players on their rosters...whether it puts them over limits or not....for a period of 15 days past the seasons opener, or October 26th. Once the 26th is reached penalties will ensue for teams who are over rosters or Caps. This should give the sim enough time to create an IR list that effects most teams. Again, no real way of pleasing everyone here either....live with it...this year is an anamoly.

Cheers

MJK
09-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Although it is unfortunate that everyone can't be satisfied, I feel that this is a fair way to deal with the it considering the current CBA situation and the possibility of a lockout.

I am not affected by by this because I do not currently have any players headed to Europe or who are on the IR.

JiriHrdina
09-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Definately fair. Its impossible to say for sure that none of these players would not come back if a season were to start. Moreover, most of the players have had their ratings go down while they've been out.

The biggest winner of this ruling may in fact by the Leafs who get Big Al back in their lineup.

Hanna Sniper
09-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Big Al

I say boost his rating and let him go out with one last bang :D

KevanGuy
09-07-2004, 07:17 PM
So, what are we going to use for rerates if there is

A ) No NHL season or
B ) Half an NHL season?

Mccree
09-07-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by KevanGuy@Sep 7 2004, 07:17 PM

A ) No NHL season or
B ) Half an NHL season?
Random re-rates :D

But that is a good question

Cheese
09-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by KevanGuy@Sep 7 2004, 08:17 PM

A ) No NHL season or
B ) Half an NHL season?
I have a nice hat that I use for random re-rates...I put paper slips with OVs from 45 to 85 in the hat and draw them randomly. :rolleyes: :lol: :P

MJK
09-09-2004, 09:29 AM
Well considering what you are trying to get for Hull, you are just crazy enough to do that!

:D

Shawnski
09-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Oh yeah, baby, Big Al is back!!!! "Eye", for one, like it!!! :P