PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated Yankees pitcher breaks hand after game

calculoso
09-03-2004, 09:29 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/MLB/200.../614989-ap.html (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/MLB/2004/09/03/614989-ap.html)

Yankees pitcher Kevin Brown broke his non-throwing hand punching a clubhouse wall in frustration during New York's 3-1 loss to the Baltimore Orioles on Friday night.

The ace of their staff, frustrated, punches the wall. Yeah. That'll feel good and make it better.

Dare we dream that the high-priced Yankees lose enough to miss the playoffs? I guess this can only help.

JiriHrdina
09-03-2004, 10:39 PM
The only problem with rooting for the Yanks to miss the playoffs is that the Bosox would then get in.

I really can't decide who I hate more. With guys like Pedro and Ramirez - I really dislike the Sox. But the Yankees - well they are everything that is wrong with baseball.

Tough call.

I_H8_Crawford
09-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by JiriHrdina@Sep 4 2004, 04:39 AM
The only problem with rooting for the Yanks to miss the playoffs is that the Bosox would then get in.

I really can't decide who I hate more. With guys like Pedro and Ramirez - I really dislike the Sox. But the Yankees - well they are everything that is wrong with baseball.

Tough call.
Easy call IMO.

Let the Sox get in; it's not like they're going to win the World Series... that would be like the Leafs winning the Cup! :lol:

If the Yanks get in there's a very good chance they'll win it all, so keep those bas**rds out!

Resolute 14
09-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Shame it wasnt Mussina...

kaminator
09-04-2004, 09:10 AM
you think that he would rememedber hios coaching they just say that you are there to have fun. They are pretty lucky that they can do what they dream of for a living and get paid so much. You dont go and smash you hand into the wall. i fguess that they will need him. Suckers B)

Cube Inmate
09-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Heh...

Contract = VOID, you would hope.

Patek23
09-06-2004, 10:27 PM
The Yankees are a train wreck just waiting to happen, They will soon fall under the New York Rangers syndrome and throw money at everything in hopes it will turn out until they have dug themselves so deep that their past hell, and hope that someone can fix it. In 5 years the Yankees will be the laughing stock of the league mark my words. They need to wake up and smell the cofee if they want to prevent it and get rid of Big Name under performers and bring in fairly paid, good players.

Bring_Back_Shantz
09-07-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Flaming Homer@Sep 6 2004, 10:27 PM
The Yankees are a train wreck just waiting to happen, They will soon fall under the New York Rangers syndrome and throw money at everything in hopes it will turn out until they have dug themselves so deep that their past hell, and hope that someone can fix it. In 5 years the Yankees will be the laughing stock of the league mark my words. They need to wake up and smell the cofee if they want to prevent it and get rid of Big Name under performers and bring in fairly paid, good players.
Mah...unfortunately baseball doesn't work that way. Hockey teams still have to play together, so you can have all the talent in the world (a la the Rangers) and if they don't want to play together they'll lose.

Baseball is a lot different. You can go out and buy the best 25 players, and as long as they can hit, or pitch, it doesn't really matter if they get along.

Granted if they hate each other there's a good chance they won't try, but I still think it's a lot easier to buy a championship in Baseball.