PDA

View Full Version : Ignore List?

killer_carlson
11-20-2005, 01:04 PM
So if I put a person on my ignore list, do their ****ty posts still appear to me in threads, or is the ignore list just related to Private Messages?

rockstar
11-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Try it. Put me on the ignore list.

killer_carlson
11-20-2005, 01:14 PM
ok, will do

Calgary Flames
11-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Let's give it a try...How the heck do you do it?

killer_carlson
11-20-2005, 01:16 PM
ok, after I submitted it still showed up, but then I refreshed and your post is gone. (thanks for your help by the way)

It shows that you did post something, and shows no content. Instead you see:

"This message is hidden because rockstar is on your ignore list"

ignore list is underlined.

It would be really cool if you could see who ignored you, with some sort of icon or something, so that you don't start asking them questions that they will not be able to read.

killer_carlson
11-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Let's give it a try...How the heck do you do it?

you click on a person's name and then go to their profile. There will be a line that says "add to buddy list" and then towards the right on that same line will be "add to ignore list".

Just a head's up Jordan, I won't be able to read any more of your posts in about 30 seconds.:D

rockstar
11-20-2005, 01:19 PM
That's a good idea KC. Also it might help put some people in their place ;).

Also, what about if you have someone on your ignore list, but someone else quotes that person in his/her post? Does that text show up, effectively rendering the ignore feature useless?

Calgary Flames
11-20-2005, 01:19 PM
you click on a person's name and then go to their profile. There will be a line that says "add to buddy list" and then towards the right on that same line will be "add to ignore list".

Just a head's up Jordan, I won't be able to read any more of your posts in about 30 seconds.:D

Ditto that. I don't need to hear how great Craig Berube is. :w00t:

killer_carlson
11-20-2005, 01:21 PM
I've seen that happen before like that, but it isn't that much of a problem because it tends to be disjointed and hard to follow.

Where I see it as an advantage will be the space it saves when scrolling down a page in a gamethread or something.

calf
11-20-2005, 02:44 PM
That's a good idea KC. Also it might help put some people in their place ;).

Also, what about if you have someone on your ignore list, but someone else quotes that person in his/her post? Does that text show up, effectively rendering the ignore feature useless?

I just put killer_carlson on my ignore list (b/c CF has him quoted in this thread)...and you can read the quote. Yup, ignore list has its flaws :bag:

Eddie Bronze
11-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Ignore lists on the internet are like those little kids who put their fingers in their ears when someone says something they don't like. "Na, na, na, na". :baby:

novamute
11-21-2005, 05:27 PM
I just put killer_carlson on my ignore list (b/c CF has him quoted in this thread)...and you can read the quote. Yup, ignore list has its flaws :bag:

we'll just have to make an unofficial rule not to ever quote mainflame in the game threads. problem solved :D

-n