PDA

View Full Version : CP & FireFox Problems

kn
10-07-2005, 02:48 AM
I've put up with this for a while but it's becoming a pain. It seems to only happen on CP.

Even though I have FireFox set to remember my login ID and password, and have a CP cookie, every time I fire up CP, I have to manually login. FireFox does remember my ID and password for the fields but only after I click on login on the home page. Then, it won't re-direct me and I have to do that manually as well. Re-direct also only works sometimes after I submit/edit a message.

I've cleaned out cache/cookies/temp files, etc. but no luck. Any FireFox users having similar issues on CP?

Not a big deal but I can't figure out why it only happens here.

Thanks.

photon
10-07-2005, 08:43 AM
It has to do with the cookie settings on the forum software.

The easiest way around it is to bookmark http://forum.calgarypuck.com and come at the forum that way; it will then remember your password. If you come to the forum from www.calgarypuck.com/forum then the login issue happens.

The forum software has the cookie settings incorrect but I don't want to fix it because that could cause a large # of people with login issues. It will get fixed when we upgrade the forum software soon.

kn
10-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks for that.