PDA

View Full Version : Remote Car Starters!

Neeper
09-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Hello CP Members!!

I don't want to say it, but winter coming. If you haven't got a remote starter yet, you should consider it. You'll wonder how you ever lived without it. I advertised last year as well on here for CP members. I only ended up doing one person from here!! Before taking your business to the big box stores like Future Shop, please consider my little shop first. We carry Autostart and Compustar. My installer has over 10 years experience with installs and I promise it will be done right. Lifetime warranty on the labour. Prices range from $149-$449 depending on your needs.

Please PM me or call me for details: 301-5307
My name is Johnny.

edit: I forgot to mention all CP members with at least 25 posts will receive free install on power door locks. A $35 value.

Our Address: #11 - 1339 40th Ave N.E.

Wookie
09-26-2005, 10:22 PM
So if I wanted a basic run of the mill started for a 1996 Nissan Pathfinder (with factory power door locks) what am I looking at?

Apparently there was one in it previously, but it stopped working, and I ripped the antenna from inside my car because it was dangling around rearview mirror level.

What other services do you offer?

Where are you located?

Neeper
09-27-2005, 09:30 AM
If your pathfinder is an Automatic then the starter is only $149.99 for you for a basic starter. Locks are free for you as a member of CP.

We also sell aftermarket performance parts, car audio and such.

Wookie
09-27-2005, 02:34 PM
What differentiates between a $149.99 starter and a $500.00 starter?

Neeper
09-27-2005, 03:58 PM
www.autostart.ca (http://www.autostart.ca)

AS-1424 HF $149.99 (Manual Tranny add $50)
Automatic transmission entry level remote starter with two (2x) four button transmitter,Mono-pole receiver with built-in red status LED ,AM 433MHz frequency. keyless entry, trunk and starter kill outputs (relays not included). Features up to 1000 feet of operating range, programmable on-board 5th relay, multi-car operation and diesel mode operatio

***MOST POPULAR UNIT***
AS-2600 TW $249.99 (Manual Tranny add $50)
Automatic transmission, two-way FM Premium remote starter system with HDX technology. 1x LCD 5 button with 3 level shift function transceiver offering up to 3000 feet of range. Mono-pole receiver with built-in bright Blue status LED at 433MHz. Two-way on screen user information such as: alarm trigger alert, shock sensor activation, remote valet mode, engine run time, door open indicator, parking meter countdown timer, clock and alarm reminder. Features include keyless entry, trunk and starter kill outputs (relays not included), factory horn control (Panic Mode), priority door access, "SMART" factory alarm control, DATA port, programmable on-board 5th relay and diesel mode. Expansion module port ready for 5 extra outputs and dome light supervision

AS-6320 FM $359.99 (Manual add $50)
Automatic transmission, FM Premium remote starter and alarm combo system, 2x 5 button with 3 level shift function. offering up to 2500 feet of range . Mono-pole receiver with built-in bright Blue status LED at 433MHz.Standard features include dual-stage shock sensor, 5-zone monitoring keyless entry, trunk and starter kill outputs (relays not included), factory horn control (Panic Mode), priority door access, "SMART" factory alarm control, DATA port, programmable on-board 5th relay and diesel mode. Expansion module port ready for 4 extra outputs and dome light supervision

AS-6520 TW $399.99 (Manual add $50)
PREMIUM CONVENIENCE AND SECURITY SERIES
Automatic transmission, two-way FM Premium remote starte with HDX technology., 1x LCD 5 button with 3 level shift function transceiver offering up to 3000 feet of range . Mono-pole receiver with built-in bright Blue status LED at 433MHz. Two-way on screen user information such as: , remote valet mode, engine run time, parking meter countdown timer, clock and alarm reminder. Features include keyless entry, trunk and starter kill outputs (relays not included), factory horn control (Panic Mode), priority door access, "SMART" factory alarm control, DATA port, programmable on-board 5th relay and diesel mode. Expansion module port ready for 4 extra outputs and dome light supervision

**Please note most cars newer than 1996 will need a factory security bypass unit. Most bypass units are $80 installed. If you do not know if you need one, please PM me.**

Neeper
10-05-2005, 05:01 PM
CP Member 4X4 just got a starter installed by us. Thanks Mike!

4X4
10-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Yes I did... And it works great. Great price. Great service. Plus, you can hang around with Johnny and talk Flames while the install guru does his thing.

Thanks Johnny and Paul.

Edit: Forgot to add that I pulled up the shop at 1:30 and was back on Deerfoot by 3:00. Barely affected my day.

ken0042
10-05-2005, 09:54 PM
$149 is installed? Or is installation over and above that?

Neeper
10-10-2005, 01:48 AM
installed!!

Papa Gino
10-11-2005, 09:52 AM
wow Ill have to bring my new Chevy Van on over soon!

Neeper
10-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Aww... we've only had 2 CPer's since I started this special.

Where is everyone? Oh I know.. it hasn't snowed yet!! Everyone likes to wait until it starts snowing.

FYI: Future Shop, Best Buy and some other stores will not do manual transmission. We will, so come see us.

Incinerator
10-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Yes Neeper is cool, get your starter from him!

albertGQ
10-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Incinerator@Oct 19 2005, 09:02 PM
Yes Neeper is cool, get your starter from him!
Should we get a car starter from him cuz he's "cool"? or because you did and you are very happy you did?

Not trying to be a smart ass, I really want to know

Incinerator
10-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by albertGQ@Oct 20 2005, 04:09 AM
Should we get a car starter from him cuz he's "cool"? or because you did and you are very happy you did?

Not trying to be a smart ass, I really want to know
:lol: Yeah I got a starter from him last week and it's nice to walk into the car nice and toasty on a chilly night with the buns warmer, the heat and the stereo already on :D

albertGQ
10-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Incinerator@Oct 19 2005, 10:51 PM
:lol: Yeah I got a starter from him last week and it's nice to walk into the car nice and toasty on a chilly night with the buns warmer, the heat and the stereo already on :D
How much did it cost you?

Incinerator
10-20-2005, 10:46 AM
I went with the cheapest one, $149 + factory alarm bypass + immobilizer bypass on an '05 Accord, $303 tax in, done in an hour and a half or so. If you have an older car you won't need all those bypasses, then it's just $149 + tax.

4X4
10-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Yes. I have a '97 Jimmy that did not need the bypass. I paid $160 including tax.

You're really not going to find it much cheaper anywhere else. If you do, it'll likely be at a place like Crappy Tire or Future Shop and trust me when I say that you do not want to go to either of those places to get this kind of work done. You'll end up with more problems than you bargained for. Plus, you'll likely have to drop off your car for 5 hours while they work on it, then have to bring it back the next day because it mysteriously stopped working. At least, I did with my old truck.

Future Shop bad.

Custom Auto good.

KevanGuy
10-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Neeper is a good guy and his shop does great work.

Bean
10-20-2005, 10:54 PM
Sounds like Neeper is offering some grade A stuff.
PM sent.

Neeper
10-21-2005, 03:18 AM
Wow, thanks for the props dudes!

Neeper
11-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Man, I don't know whether to welcome this lovely spring like weather or curse it!!

return to the red
11-23-2005, 04:16 PM
hey neeper, I heard through the grape vine that remote starter on 05 Mazda 6 is a little more difficult, this true?

Paul used to work at FS with my cousin Mike C. but he is a tough guy to find spare time to get one done by him. maybe next time In Calgary I will have to swing buy before xmas

Ace
11-23-2005, 04:30 PM
yeah but will my car make that little annoying beep when i lock and unlock the doors (since it's after market installed). What about my headlights and tail lights will they flash and let me know i pushed the button properly? :huh:

Incinerator
11-23-2005, 06:34 PM
yeah but will my car make that little annoying beep when i lock and unlock the doors (since it's after market installed). What about my headlights and tail lights will they flash and let me know i pushed the button properly? :huh:

Your factory remote should still work same as before, except newer Hondas where the factory remote is deactivated when the car is running as a safety feature. I needed a bypass for the factory alarm and another bypass for the factory immobilizer.

Tower
11-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Smack it, flip it, and rub it down with baby oil... Installed.

Ace
11-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Your factory remote should still work same as before, except newer Hondas where the factory remote is deactivated when the car is running as a safety feature. I needed a bypass for the factory alarm and another bypass for the factory immobilizer.

I don't have anything right now, but i'd like the keyless entry to work as if it was factory installed, is that possible?

Incinerator
11-24-2005, 01:58 PM
I don't have anything right now, but i'd like the keyless entry to work as if it was factory installed, is that possible?

Anything in this world is possible as long as you got the $$ man :lol: Yeah if you don't have anything on right now it should be super easy since it's a clean slate and there's nothing to bypass.

Neeper you owe me commission for doing all your advertising man :p

Bill Bumface
11-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Last night I started my car, which was parked 2 blocks behind the Calgary Tower, from inside the saddledome! Yes I know it was warm out, but I wanted to try out the new starter that I had just bought off of Neeper. These guys did an amazing job with my car. It turns out I have a very tricky ignition system (resistance triggered) and it took 5 hours to install, but they still made sure I had the car when promised, and stayed late to make it happen. Its a very clean install, and it works great. Neeper went out of his way again and again (including driving across the city to pick up a unit for me) and was excellent at always calling me back and following up.

No, he did not pay me to write this, but after going through many experiences that were pretty bad relating to cars I thought I'd let people know that good shops still do exist, and this is one. The Delorean in the back was also something cool to check out. Thanks Neeper!

Ace
11-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Last night I started my car, which was parked 2 blocks behind the Calgary Tower, from inside the saddledome! Yes I know it was warm out, but I wanted to try out the new starter that I had just bought off of Neeper.
What model did you end up getting?

Bill Bumface
11-25-2005, 12:49 AM
What model did you end up getting?

The newest 2-way starter (not alarm) from autostart. Can't remember the model number..

Redrum
11-25-2005, 01:00 AM
About 7-8 years ago when I was a youngen I opened the door and clicked the remote start for my moms jeep. I closed the door, turned around, and looked out the window to see the jeep bookin it through the yard. It flattened a 20 foot tall evergreen, destroyed 2 wooden fences. Luckily it was one of those rare days it was not parked facing the house or garage. Also lucky it din't do that to my mom at work (which is a school) and mow down a bunch of little kids. So you might wanna check it out before you try the remote starter.

kermitology
11-25-2005, 08:23 AM
So you might wanna check it out before you try the remote starter.

Shouldn't you have an emergency brake on?

Bill Bumface
11-25-2005, 08:49 AM
About 7-8 years ago when I was a youngen I opened the door and clicked the remote start for my moms jeep. I closed the door, turned around, and looked out the window to see the jeep bookin it through the yard. It flattened a 20 foot tall evergreen, destroyed 2 wooden fences. Luckily it was one of those rare days it was not parked facing the house or garage. Also lucky it din't do that to my mom at work (which is a school) and mow down a bunch of little kids. So you might wanna check it out before you try the remote starter.

These starters are smarter than that. For an auto, they have to be in park, so no danger.

For a manual, you have to place them in ready mode while the ebrake is up, your foot is off the brake and clutch while the car is running. This means the car knows its in neutral. When you put it in ready mode and take the key out, it keeps running. Now when you exit the car and lock it, the unit knows you aren't in there anymore, its still running so its not in gear, and it will allow remote starts. If you open the door or hit the clutch or the brake, you can no longer remote start. They are 100% safe.

Redrum
11-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Well not 100% because its a true story, but yeah just make sure some jackass didn't install it.

Bill Bumface
11-25-2005, 11:57 AM
^Crappy starters don't have the same safety system. I believe your story, I've heard of a guy putting his truck through the garage door. I think almost all new starters are safe.

Neeper
11-25-2005, 12:13 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to 4X4, Tower, Hulkrogan and Incinerator for your guy's business. Thanks for taking a chance and trying us out. I know you'll be very happy with your starter.

Neeper
11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Damn it's cold. Sure is nice to go outside into a warm car. Wouldn't you say Hulkrogan?

We are finally getting busy again with starters. Don't forget to book a time with us. Remember, your big box stores like FS and BB, do not do manual transmissions.

FlamesKickAss
12-01-2005, 11:56 AM
What system would work best with a after market alarm or would you suggest just going with a combo and take old one out? That's kind of a dumb question though right

Neeper
12-01-2005, 10:52 PM
What system would work best with a after market alarm or would you suggest just going with a combo and take old one out? That's kind of a dumb question though right
I would highly recommend losing it! First thing is you will be carrying around 2 remotes. Which can be a burden. Second, these starter have range that greatly exceeds an alarm. If you have starter kill on your car, you would need to disarm your car, before you can remotely start it. But... what if your starter remote can reach, but your alarm one can't? Now you are limited to the range the alarm has, making your long range starter useless. This is especially true if you get a 2 way unit. If you can afford it, go for the combo!! You get the huge range for both alarm and starter. The best part about the 2 way is, if you are within range and your alarm goes off, your remote will page you.

Neeper
12-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Thanks to ACE for your business. I hope you enjoy your new 2 way starter! No more cold driving for you.

Ace
12-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks to ACE for your business. I hope you enjoy your new 2 way starter! No more cold driving for you.
I just used it for the first time at lunch, and it was nice not to freeze. It's a nice shop, and it's good to know I have a lifetime warranty on the labour. My only complaint is that the credit card machine was broken :( -- no points for me.

I'm definatly glad that I went with the 2 way -- knowing for sure that it started is a good thing!

Incinerator
12-03-2005, 02:19 PM
:lol: Neeper you still haven't fixed your credit card machine yet?

Tron_fdc
12-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Fix your CC machine and let me know how much a starter is for a 2005 Tundra....I'm sick of cold!!

Deelow
12-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Hey neeper, Do you have quick instructions on how to set your two way starters to fire on a timer at night? I recently moved and can't find my manual. Anyway, my car has no block heater so I can't plug it in....a couple starts at night may be instore.
Thanks.

Ace
12-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Hey neeper, Do you have quick instructions on how to set your two way starters to fire on a timer at night? I recently moved and can't find my manual. Anyway, my car has no block heater so I can't plug it in....a couple starts at night may be instore.
Thanks.
http://engines911.com/asdocs/2-WLCD-A_ug_en_h370s38v150_050318.pdf

To enter Cold Weather Mode:
�� Press the FUNCTION button and then the START/STOP for 3 seconds.
�� There will be two (2) beeps and the parking lights will flash three (3) times.
To exit Cold Weather Mode, do any one of the following actions:
�� Open the hood.
�� Start the engine by remote.
�� Turn the ignition key to the IGNITION ON (RUN) position.
�� Press the FUNCTION button and then the START/STOP button for three seconds.
�� There will be one (1) beep and the parking lights will flash once.
To verify whether the system is in cold weather mode:
Press the brake pedal: If the vehicle is in cold weather mode, the parking lights will stay on while
the pedal is pressed.

CRXguy
03-04-2006, 12:36 AM

I have a '91 Honda CRX Si that came with some cheapo alarm. I'd like to have that replaced with the new unit above, and also replace my driver side door lock actuator. What will I pay all said and done?

Thanks.

NuclearFart
03-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Hey Neeper, kind of an odd question but oh well:

Would you guys have the expertise on aftermarket installations of scissor doors? Do you work with porsches?
________
BRAZILIAN COOKING (http://www.cooking-chef.com/brazilian/)

Neeper
03-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Hey Neeper, kind of an odd question but oh well:

Would you guys have the expertise on aftermarket installations of scissor doors? Do you work with porsches?

No, sorry.

Neeper
03-16-2006, 03:59 PM

I have a '91 Honda CRX Si that came with some cheapo alarm. I'd like to have that replaced with the new unit above, and also replace my driver side door lock actuator. What will I pay all said and done?

Thanks.
Did I reply to you yet??? If I didn't, I am terribly sorry.

$199 for the starter you want. And for the lock actuator it's $100 including labour and part.

Neeper
09-13-2006, 03:06 PM
I am dissapointed to announce my shop is officially closed. We tried and tried to cut it, but just couldn't. I've moved on to my new full time career as a photographer. For those CP members who had remote starters done through my old shop, I will still be here to help you with any problems should it arise. My former partner/installer has told me he will still take care of any of the warranty issues, escpecially his installs. So don't fret, I am sure none of you will have any problems anyways. These things just don't break for no reason. And the install won't "break" for no reason, unless it was tampered with.

Thanks for all your business, CalgaryPuck!

Reaper
09-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Sorry to hear that, Neeper. I was actually thinking about getting a Remote Car Starter for my wife for xmas.

Draug
09-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Crap. What a bummer.

I talked to you last spring about my remote starter that was acting wierd and failing. I never did get around to bringing it in to get the wiring checked, and to figure out what was going on. I just never got around to it, and now you are closed.

Can you recommend a trustworthy and capable place to take my car? Somewhere that I can feel comfortable saying "My remote starter is acting up, find the problem and fix it" without worrying about new problems being fabricated.

Would your installer, or you, be interested in doing the side job outside of the business?

Neeper
09-23-2006, 12:44 AM
Crap. What a bummer.

I talked to you last spring about my remote starter that was acting wierd and failing. I never did get around to bringing it in to get the wiring checked, and to figure out what was going on. I just never got around to it, and now you are closed.

Like I said, we will assist anyone who got a starter from us. Check your PM