PDA

View Full Version : Stamps sign Denison

calculoso
08-31-2004, 10:21 AM
Two-time Hec Creighton trophy winner (Best University Football player in Canada).

All-canadian QB that was in camp for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and was surprisingly cut at the end.

Crandell is away for his father's funeral, so they needed a new 3rd stringer.

calf
08-31-2004, 10:34 AM
Yup, this guy's just filling a hole. Doubt we'll see him in action, ever

calculoso
08-31-2004, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't be so sure on that. Dunigan speaks pretty highly of him in this story:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Cal.../31/610511.html (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Calgary/2004/08/31/610511.html)

"He's got a strong arm, he's a student of the game. He's got a real grasp of offensive football. He's a natural leader. He's got all the ingredients of a guy who can be very successful in this league. He just needs an opportunity and he has one here."

Also, Dunigan wants to get Maxie back. No brainer IMO.

octothorp
08-31-2004, 11:08 AM
It would be great if there was some sort of break that caused this kid to get some playing time. Maybe we'll see a couple QB injuries, and he's forced into action on labour-day with two minutes to go in the fourth, eighty yards from the endzone, down by five points.

Yeah, I know it won't happen. Still, he's one of the best QBs in the history of the Canadian college game, you think that would be enough to warrant a serious look in the CFL.

troutman
09-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Who was the last Canadian College QB to start in the CFL?

Greg Vavra? Gerry Datillio?

CaptainCrunch
09-01-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by troutman@Sep 1 2004, 08:10 PM
Who was the last Canadian College QB to start in the CFL?

Greg Vavra? Gerry Datillio?
that guy in B.C. with an Italian name carravata

JBR
09-02-2004, 10:33 AM
I don't think Caravatta was a CIS grad. The last CIS grad to start a CFL game I believe was U of Calgary product Bob Torrance who got a couple of starts, including one at McMahon, with the Tabbies in 1994/95ish..