PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1979 Dodge D150

Sylvanfan
09-17-2005, 03:26 PM
If anyone wants a good yard truck that you'll laugh at than I have just the thing for you. It's a 1979 Dodge D150. It's and extended cab, with a long box, and is nicely equipped with a nice towing package (capable of a 5th wheel in fact) and accessary box behing the cab. It has a 318 engine with a 3 speed auto transmission.

The bad news is it's hideously ugly. The sliding back window is smashed out. The heater needs to be re-wired in order for it to work (although I might go attempt to fix that one today). The front headlights only work when the high beams are turned on. It could likely use a new muffler support and the cable for the E-brake needs to be replaced. Also the Windshield looks like it's been shot at several times. I managed to sweet talk my broker into insuring it without an inspection. I can't guarantee you'll be as luckey.

Yes she needs a little bit of work, but it still runs and does admirable work as a yard truck. Last winter it started on the coldest day of the year without being plugged in (although it was a damn cold drive with no heat). But if someone with a little mechanical know how was to put like $500 into her she'd be a decent vehichle. As is, it is a great vehichle if you're moving into a new house because it can haul a lot of stuff and you don't shed any teers if you damage it.

Price is $400 OBO, and it's in Sylvan Lake. PM me if you have interest.