PDA

View Full Version : Email, PMing and MSN Messenger....

Cheese
08-29-2004, 05:12 PM
are the lifeblood of the CPHL. It is also clearly written in the rules that you need to respond to emails, PMs, etc if another GM or the league sends you a message. Failure to do so would constitute a failure of you the GM to play the game. We have released GMs for not responding quickly to other GMs.
It takes 20 secs to say no thanks...or ill think about it...or better yet...make a counter offer!
I have had a few complaints about a few GMs not responding...let this be a mild warning. Check your email daily!

Also, IF you go away anywhere...you MUST let the league know....we WILL replace you if you dont respond to people and we have no idea what you are up to.

Cheers

JohnnyFlame
08-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Is the MSN Messenger requirement going to be enforced? I ask because clearly there are some teams that are very, very rarely to be found on MSN. Plus those are some of the very same teams that are the hardest to get a reply from on email. A double whammy when trying to get ahold of them.

looooob
08-29-2004, 10:28 PM
I for one cannot use MSN at work, and unfortuntately I spend most of my week at work or (fortunately) with my kids...however I respond to PMs immediately and check email -and respond-several times daily

underdawg
08-29-2004, 10:57 PM
sorry i am usually there, but sometimes i forget my pc is on and i go out.

JohnnyFlame
08-30-2004, 02:42 AM
I wouldn't think the at work thing is all that important. The vast majority of MSN is at night.

MJK
08-30-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyFlame@Aug 30 2004, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't think the at work thing is all that important. The vast majority of MSN is at night.
But for me it is at 3:00 in the morning!

Cheese
08-30-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by mjk123+Aug 30 2004, 08:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mjk123 @ Aug 30 2004, 08:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JohnnyFlame@Aug 30 2004, 08:42 AM
But for me it is at 3:00 in the morning! [/b][/quote]
3am is 3pm in China and 8am in Europe...always someone to play with...LOL

looooob
08-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyFlame@Aug 30 2004, 02:42 AM
unfortunately right now after the kids go to bed, I often go back to work.

just a life stage for some of us at the moment. anyways I'm still reachable

Radically Red
08-30-2004, 08:55 AM
I am usually on MSN 3 -4 nights out of the week.

of course that is usually after 8:30 MT time after the Kid goes to bed.

IF you PM or email me at work I can usually give a response back.

JohnnyFlame
08-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Actually for me in China it works out well. I am far enough ahead to be online when most others are though I'm on in the morning when others are on at night and at night for those on in the morning.

Actually I'm able to be on when all those who frequent MSN are online and thus I still wonder if this rule will be enforced because those that are online sure do know those that aren't and who are deathly slow to respond to an email as well.

Cheese
08-30-2004, 07:15 PM
I think that compared to the 1st year, and 2nd year we are doing VERY well with players online...during the summer.
The real test will be come mid September. There are a few GMs who could be online more often, and there are a few that are slow to respond....but overall Im pretty happy. We have a GREAT bunch of GMs here and I think once this year shakes out we will have 30 really committed GMs...or GMs about to be committed. Its a long process that only time will rectify.
Cheers to all who play regularily...even on PM and email.

flambers
08-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by GerryCheevers@Aug 30 2004, 06:15 PM
I think that compared to the 1st year, and 2nd year we are doing VERY well with players online...during the summer.
The real test will be come mid September. There are a few GMs who could be online more often, and there are a few that are slow to respond....but overall Im pretty happy. We have a GREAT bunch of GMs here and I think once this year shakes out we will have 30 really committed GMs...or GMs about to be committed. Its a long process that only time will rectify.
Cheers to all who play regularily...even on PM and email.
Crap, we should start a count down clock. How many more sleeps till the season starts!!!!!!

KevanGuy
08-30-2004, 08:59 PM