PDA

View Full Version : Who's Your NFL Team?

La Flames Fan
08-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Alright....I'm bored at work....so who is your favorite NFL team and why?

Also, who gonna be holding up the Lombardi trophy?

http://www.captainsfd.com/image/1636481.gif

I've always been a Packer fan, I love Brett Favre and I think he's one of the only guys in the league who plays with his heart (witness the game at Oakland after his Father died) They have the potential to go far, but guys like McKenzie and Harris need to step up and stop trying to strip the ball. Just tackle clean and good things will happen. That's my biggest pet peeve in the NFL right now, guys not tackling and going for the strip, then losing the guy and looking like a fool.

A city of just under 100,000 people and there's a multiple year waiting list for season tickets....I love it.

As for who will win it all, it's going to be a tough year. Philidelphia seems to be a favorite among pundits, but I think Owens is NOT the answer to the Eagles' problems. He's actually a hinderance. A selfish, annoying person who can play great----When he wants to. And I can't stand Donovan McNabb.

It's so early to tell, but I really think Green Bay's got a chance, but I think the overall winner will be the Colts. Manning should play with a little more fire and the crazy Canuck Mike Vandejacgtdgkjhvkhedtkh ( I can't even begin to spell his last name), I'm going with Indy.

Your call?

Displaced Flames fan
08-29-2004, 11:09 AM
Broncos fan...have been since I was 10 or so.

Why? Well geographically, they were the closest team and they were in the Super Bowl the first year I can remember watching football on TV.

But when John Elway came to town, I was officially hooked and will never change. Mile High Magic....it's real.

This year?

Who knows...lots of good teams.

Personally, I think Dallas will win the NFC East. I think Philly is overrated.

My playoff teams would be these....

NFC Division Winners: Dallas, Green Bay, Tampa, Seattle
Wild Cards: Philadelphia, Carolina

AFC Division Winners: New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Kansas City
Wild Cards: Denver, NY Jets

transplant99
08-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Packers.

Why?..No idea, just always have been a fan...probably because we got GB games on TV when i was a young lad.

Winner this year? I have a feeling its gonna be a team no one is really considering.

Dallas will win the east Dis? With Testaverde? I cant see it myself.

The Bengals could be really dangerous this year in the AFC. Depending on Palmers learning curve.

In the NFC...someone like the Vikings could surprise.

I will go out on a limb and call the Super Bowl winner... St Louis Rams.

VANFLAMESFAN
08-29-2004, 01:13 PM
not a bandwagon jumper, but Im a HUGE HUGE Pats fan. Got into Drew Bledsoe when I got into football in the early nineties, have been a fan since. There's no reason why the Pats cant take it again with Rosie Colvin back from injury and with Cory Dillon, and of course, the ULTIMATE WINNER.....Tom "I Dont Lose" Brady. That guy is the best!!!

Sylvanfan
08-29-2004, 01:31 PM
I've been a Chiefs fan since I was 12 years old. I initially took a liking to the Chiefs because I was a definsive player in highschool football, and the Chiefs featured Derek Thomas. I also loved their smashmouth running backs Christian Okoye and Barry Word. The other factor was everyone else was Raider fans because it was cool and gangsta like to have Raiders apparel. I hated the Raiders and the Chiefs consistantly kicked the Raiders ass better than anyone those days winning like 14-16 games vs. those b**tards at one point in time. I've stayed true to the Chiefs through the Dave Krieg, Joe Montana, Steve Bono, Rich Gannon, Elvis Grbac days to todays high powered offence version.
I think the Chiefs should have enough to win the AFC West again, but they'll face stiff competition from the Broncos, those damn Raiders and even the Ladamlian Tomlinsson lead Chargers. The Chiefs also have a difficult schedule so I can't see them being any better than 11-5 and more likely going 10-6. As for the team that takes the title I'll go with the Patriots to do it again. The receiver core should improve and adding Corey Dillion can only improve the running game. Belichek is a definsive genius and the best bench boss in the game right now. The Colts will also challenge in the AFC but won't be able to knock off the Pats unless they have home field for the Championship game.
In the NFC it's hard to say who will take that side. Carolina still has a good d-line and could do it again. But I'll go off the board and say the Atlanta Falcons rebound big time with a healthy Michael Vick. Still I think the NFC is much more open than the AFC appears to be.

Prototype
08-29-2004, 01:49 PM
I have reciently gotten into NFL, right around the Elway dominance with the 2 Superbowl wins to end his career.

I have been a Colts fan for the last 5 or 6 seasons, mainly because of their offence. Is there anyone better at reading a defence at the line of scrimmage than Peyton Manning? If Marvin Harrison and Edgrin James can stay healthy, the Colts arguably have the best 1-2-3 punt in the league.

I do agree that the defense leaves something to be desired, but with Tony Dungy on the sidelines, that can only improve.

Will they win the bowl this year? I would hope so, but my money is on NO. I think I am gonna call Philly. The Eagles have been as far as you can go without playing in the bowl for the last 3 seasons. Add Terrell Owens. Forgettaboutit. I think they have the chance to prove themselves this year. I'd say make or break for them this season.

Sylvanfan
08-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by VilleFan@Aug 29 2004, 07:49 PM

I think I am gonna call Philly. The Eagles have been as far as you can go without playing in the bowl for the last 3 seasons. Add Terrell Owens. Forgettaboutit. I think they have the chance to prove themselves this year. I'd say make or break for them this season.
Well I agree that the Eagles have done everything but win the big game and that this season is make or break. Still adding a knucklehead like Terrel Owens to fix that is very risky. The upside, he shuts his mouth, the Eagles have the receiver they lack and they win the Superbowl. The downside, him and run happy Andy Reid don't get along, this causes dissention at midseason and the Eagles fall apart like last years Bucs and finish 7-9. Andy Reid finally has enough and goes to BYU to take his dream job, and the Eagles are forced to start all over.
Still Randy Moss shut his mouth and stopped acting like a criminal last year and played like the best receiver in football when I didnt' think he had it in him. So maybe Terrel Owens will shut his pie hole and do the same thing. I don't think he will, but I can easily be proven wrong.

troutman
08-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Browns and Patriots.

Was a Patriots fan since the mid-70s. Loved Steve Grogan and Sam "Bam"Cunningham. Could win it all again.

Love the retro logo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/troutman1966/patsretro.jpg

Love the dogpound, and glad to see Garcia in Cleveland. Great fans that deserve a championship after what Art Modell did to them. Might play .500, long shot for the playoffs. Winslow will be interesting.

browna
08-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Seahawks, mainly only because over the years I was forced to watch them Sunday's, plus they are always the underdog.

Some people have them picked as NFC West and even ohters as to go deep into playoffs. I see a playoff spot, but after that, who know..I don't expect much.

Holmgren has to get some results this year...as organized as he's been and brought some respect back to the Seahawks, he's got to do more then just make the playoffs every two years.

moon
08-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Lions fan. Loved wathcing the run and shoot offense (although it usually wasn't run very well) back when they ran it. Alos loved watching Barry's runs and Herman Moore playing receiver.

I think that the Colts are going to win this year. Manning has been gettting better and better. James is finally back and helathy and Dungy has had time to work with the defense and get the players needed to give the offense the support it needs to lead them to the Super Bowl.

The Familia
08-29-2004, 08:29 PM
I'm a Colts fan. I started becoming a colts fan about 5 or so years ago. Reason being was I felt sorry for them and their 3-13 record. I like underdogs, so I adopted them and boy have they turned around! I alkso own a Manning jersey I got as a gift. I also like the Raiders! Classic team, and have the best jerseys!

sbailey924
08-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Cowboys--parents met in Dallas, got married there, raised me on them
Titans--location, team personality (how can you not like them if you like the Flames?)

If they ever play each other, I root Titans over Cowboys.

JiriHrdina
08-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Not a fan of anyone team, but I love the NFL. There are some teams I don't like at all (Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, The Fish).

This seaosn I'd really like to see the Pack take it - that's probably the team I'm rooting for.

In terms of who will win it all. I really think the Vikings look good, but I think I'll say the Eagles. I have typically cheered for them but with T.O. there now - I'm not sure.

flames_1987
08-29-2004, 11:43 PM
HUGEEE COLTS FAN!

Loved these guys forever. Does anybody remember there cinderella year around 1997, with Jim Harbuagh, they beat two teams and were one hail marry which was ruled not a catch but was! from the superbowl, ever since then I've loved the team.

Peyton has the work ethic of a stallion, the guy is so smart and knows all there is to know except how to beat Ty Law which he will find out sooner rather then later. I just love how much work the guy puts into the game and I've always liked Vanderget especially the high five thing he does with his lineman after every field goal. Last year was a really good year, especially that Bucs game, hands down the best game of the year no doubt. WHAT A COMEBACK! Dungy is one year smarter and the Colts offense is even better with a healthy Stokley for the whole year and Dallas Clark. Him and Pollard as tight ends, wow! As long as the defense plays half decent watch out!

Philly..hell no. First off Westbrook is to small to carry the load and there secondary blows! They did nothing to adress there secondary and lost 2 key vets. Sorry Philly not this year, hopefully Ray Lewis clobbers Owens and that shuts him up.

JiriHrdina
08-29-2004, 11:51 PM
Actually I think the Eagles secondary will be OK. Brown and Sheppard from what I understand are both very impressive. They lack experience but they are extremely quick and physical corner backs. I don't see that being a problem area at all for them.

I_H8_Crawford
08-30-2004, 01:08 AM
Well I used to be a Niners fan, but don't like what they've done recently, so now I really don't have a favorite team, only teams I hate (Dal, Den & NE). My favorite NFL moment still has to be the T.O. TD celebration where he spiked the ball in the middle of the Cowboys' star(twice!)!!! Haha nothing beat that!

As for this year I'm rooting for the Colts, Browns, and Chiefs.

I think the Colts will take it this year; they'll get the necessary homefield for the playoffs, and will have no problems going all the way to the Superbowl.

Philly will implode; no way T.O. keeps his mouth shut for a season. Maybe he'll start saying McNabb is gay, or that he spends a little too much time with his mom? Who knows, but it will be somthing.

InSutterWeTrust
08-30-2004, 08:18 AM
My Favorite team is the St.Louis Rams, I would love it if they could get all the way to the Super Bowl, but they don't have a good QB. I think thats the only thing lacking on that team, Marc Bulger is a decent back up but not a starting QB, they have a really good offensive line and defensive core. If Marshall Faulk can stay healthy I think they can have a great chance and if Tory Holt has another spectacular year. But I dont see them getting to the Super Bowl, I think the Chiefs will take it this year, Holmes will be unstoppable this year, and Marc Boerightier(sorry about spelling) will get more of a chance this year which will be great to see him out there.

JohnnyO
08-30-2004, 08:43 AM
I am going with Denver this year. I normally cheer for the 49ers but they are going to be awful for a few years. Erickson destroyed that team!! I like Denver because they run the ball well and are well balanced on offense and have a strong D. I grew up watching Montana and Young Rice, so I always loved the air attack they had over the years.

La Flames Fan
08-30-2004, 09:23 AM
Wow, Colts have a pretty good following here....I read on the NFL Canada website that an online poll named the GB Packers as "Canada's Team."

So to continue the thread, I ask a few more questions....

Who is your most adored player?
Who can't you stand?
What team will make the biggest turn around?
What is you least favorite team?

Obviously my favorite player is the other #4 (the first being Orr)....
My least favorite player is Terrel Owens....I can't stand him. NONONO....He is selfish, arrogant (like most aren't) and he plays with absolutely no class. He's a good player, but when you PLAN to put a sharpie in your socks and sign a football as you TD dance....Oh boy.

I'm thinking that biggest turn around this year will be the Browns. With our boy Garcia at the helm and Winslow (i think) the rookie tight end they should at least improve greatly upon last year and years before.

My least favorite team has to be the Vikings....Duante Culpepper is overated in my opinion and Randy Moss....Well, I don't think I need to say anything about him....A big rival to my Packers so there's obviously the hate factor there already....Plus...Purple...I mean c'mon!

Cheese
08-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Ive been a Pats fan forever....the last few years have been great and they will win it all again this year! ;)

sbailey924
08-30-2004, 09:31 AM
Most adored players: Steve McNair--tough as nails, good guy
Peyton Manning--loved him since his fist snap at UT
Jason Witten--(TE Dallas) hometown guy, dominated our high school, great work ethic

Who I can't stand: Kellen Winslow, Ray Lewis (2 most by far)
Biggest turn around: Oakland--how they only won 2 last year is beyond me, and they got younger this year
Least Favorite Team: New England

troutman
08-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Past: Steve Grogan
Present: Jeff Garcia

Who can't you stand?
Past: Deion Sanders
Present: Bill Parcells, Terrell Owens

Cleveland Browns

Dallas Cowboys

habernac
08-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Holy Pats fans! Where were you when we sucked?

;)

Fave player - Tedy Bruschi
can't stand - Peyton Manning, Terrell Owens
least fave team - Raiders
big turnaround - Cleveland Browns (if Garcia can get past his foolish off season behavoir and get back to football)

La Flames Fan
08-30-2004, 11:32 AM
I have to agree with McNair....That guy would play with a broken neck if he was allowed.

Winslow seems to have started on the wrong foot, but maybe a few smacks by big DTs or LBs and maybe that'll knock that cockiness out of him..

Hanna Sniper
08-30-2004, 04:51 PM
Dolphins fan

I fell in love with the quest of the perfect pass by Marino. Pretty much watching that man throw a football made me loose complete interest and realize how much of a joke the CFL is.

As for this season I’ll be looking forwards to wins against both the Jest and Pats and the Pats complete collapse this season. :P

I agree with most that I believe that this will be the year were the Browns avoid adversity and string some impressive wins together.

the_only_turek_fan
08-30-2004, 05:03 PM
My team is the Dallas Cowboys!!!

I like the additions of Johnson and George.

Displaced, I hope you are right. I hate the Eagles more than I hate the Redskins.

I think the Pats will repeat though. Too good of a team, and the addition of Dillon makes them that much better.

Sylvanfan
08-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by La Flames Fan@Aug 30 2004, 03:23 PM
Who can't you stand?

Most adored is Priest Holmes. Others would include Steve McNair and Brett Favre because of their toughness and how hard they compete. I also have great respect for Ladamlian Tomlinsson because his team is sooooo bad, but he continues to pile up impressive numbers.

I can't stand that loudmout coke addict criminal Warren Sapp!!! Now he's on the Raiders... I just want to smash the **** out of my T.V. the first time I see that sight!!

I think the Redskins will make the biggest turnaround this year now that they have a proper coach and not some overrated college idiot running the show.

My least favorite team? The Raiders by a mile!! Although I also used to loathe the Bucs and that Superbowl two years ago was like having to watch a Leafs/Oilers Stanley Cup final. I purposely asked my boss if I could work during the Superbowl so I wouldn't have to watch it, and I'm a 9-5 weekday type!!

flames_1987
08-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by JiriHrdina@Aug 30 2004, 05:51 AM
Actually I think the Eagles secondary will be OK. Brown and Sheppard from what I understand are both very impressive. They lack experience but they are extremely quick and physical corner backs. I don't see that being a problem area at all for them.
I agree and disagree. Yes they do have some skilled corners somewhat but the problem to me for them will be when the playoffs come around and experince kicks in. I would pick the the Eagles to have a very good year and win there division but I just don't see them making it to the Super Bowl.

flames_1987
08-30-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by habernac@Aug 30 2004, 04:30 PM
Holy Pats fans! Where were you when we sucked?

;)

Fave player - Tedy Bruschi
can't stand - Peyton Manning, Terrell Owens
least fave team - Raiders
big turnaround - Cleveland Browns (if Garcia can get past his foolish off season behavoir and get back to football)
Fav. Player- Peyton Manning, nobody has a bigger work ethic then this guy. His best moment has to be either the KC game where he never missed or the TB comeback game against one of the best d's in the league.

Can't Stand: Ty Law, well I'm a colts fan! Terrel Owens- I hope the Browns kick the eagles ass this year

least fav. team- Patriots. With these new holding rules implimented I really think it'll help other teams but still the Patriots are by far the best team. Thats why I hate them

big turnaround- Hmmm tough question. I could see the Skins really turning it around, Sean Taylor was a great pick. The only question is, we know Clinton Portis is good but is he really "that" good or is the Broncos line just that good. Brunell is one of the most underated QB's in the league in my mind. If not the Skins then the Lions. Great Draft year and suddenelly there o is explosive. It's all riding on the ex- ducks shoulders. Can Joey come through?

Regulator75
08-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Hanna Sniper@Aug 30 2004, 04:51 PM
Dolphins fan

I fell in love with the quest of the perfect pass by Marino. Pretty much watching that man throw a football made me loose complete interest and realize how much of a joke the CFL is.

As for this season I’ll be looking forwards to wins against both the Jest and Pats and the Pats complete collapse this season. :P

I agree with most that I believe that this will be the year were the Browns avoid adversity and string some impressive wins together.
I too am a BIG Dolphins fan. Have been since about 1989 -1990.

I was really hoping for greatness for Williams this year. LMFAO.

What an little brat.

Displaced Flames fan
08-30-2004, 06:40 PM
YEeeeeeeeeeeeee! More NFL talk for me!

Most adored players Past: Elway (self explanatory), Terrell Davis (most humble superstar I have ever seen in the NFL) and Shannon Sharpe for his comedic nature and unmatched prowess on the field at his position. See you in Canton in 5 years Shannon!

Most adored players present: Rod Smith, probably the most underrated receiver in the game. Undrafted NAIA QB who worked his arse off to make the Broncos. Does everything it takes to win. Best blocking WR in the game. Hardest working Denver Bronco. I just love the guy. Al Wilson...best middle linebacker not named Ray Lewis in the game. The guy is special.

Most adored Non-Bronco: Brett Favre...I just love the way the guy plays the game....doesn't always take the safe way. Plays to win...doesn't play 'not to lose'. Huge difference. Made me root against the Broncos for the first time ever last year in the season finale when the game's result didn't matter for Denver. I wanted GB to make the playoffs with all the energy I could muster. With the Cardinals heroics and Favre's superb day it happened. Best Bronco loss ever!

Can't stand: Rich Gannon

Most Hated Team: The Oakland Raiders....make no mistake about it, a 2-14 Bronco season is successful as long as those 2 wins come at the expense of the Faders. I hate them so much....I can't even describe it.

Biggest turnaround this year: Pittsburgh Steelers....they were a much better team last year than they showed and have made some signigicant additions, specifically Deuce Staley. And I LOVE Bill Cowher.

Pagal4321
08-31-2004, 10:38 PM
HUGE Viking fan.....been that way for a few years.

8 Ball
09-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Buc's fan. Have been since the painful days of orange. Still can't believe Lynch is gone. :(

Ottoman Empire
09-01-2004, 10:23 PM
J-E-T-S...Jets! Jets! Jets! Long live the NY Sack Exchange and Freeman McNeil!

JD
09-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by moon@Aug 29 2004, 09:41 PM
Lions fan. Loved wathcing the run and shoot offense (although it usually wasn't run very well) back when they ran it. Alos loved watching Barry's runs and Herman Moore playing receiver.
Holy crap!! Another long-suffering Lions fan.

Honestly, it looks like we're slowly yet surely making our way out of the woods. There's some good young talent in place, and some free agents to supplement that talent should help. This year 8-8 would be a huge step in the right direction, and I think the Lions should be playoff bound in a year or two.

When Barry Sanders retired, it almost took away every reason to cheer for that team (I hate Charlie Batch!!), but hopefully sticking with them will be rewarding some day!!

Lotsa Raider haters here. Add me to the list. I bet my Raider-fan buddy that the Lions would be 5 games better than the Raiders this year. I think I had too much to drink that night... :D

Ro
09-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Massive Dolphins fan. Fell in love with the team the same way Hanna Sniper did. Also grew to laugh at the CFL the same way he did.

And even without Ricky and David Boston, we'll be a playoff team this year. Mark my words.

Big NFL gambler as well. Opened an account with a sportsbook a couple years ago, and along with Sports Select, have profited bya small margin. Speaks to game's popularity, even up here, if you ask me.

Super Bowl- Baltimore vs. Philadelphia. Philly wins.

Flickered Flame
09-02-2004, 12:44 AM
huge miami fan...they could still be alright without Ricky. If Fiedler or Feely step up their game. They still have one of the top defences in the NFL.

Favorites to win it all: Pats (even though I hate them), Colts, Seahawks, Eagles.

Underdogs: Baltimore (if Boller and the passing game improves, and Lewis doesn't miss many games with his legal problems), Washington (Gibbs could turn this team around), St. Louis (especially if their playoff games are indoors).

No chance in hell to win: Arizona, Chicago, San Fran., San Diego.

La Flames Fan
09-02-2004, 09:14 AM
I just want to say this has been my most popular thread topic....And goodnight.

BigBCalgary
09-02-2004, 10:35 PM
H A T E the dolphins...Dig the Seahawks, Packers and Chiefs with the Seahawks the most favored. I don't like John Grueden(sp?) Say what you may, just something about him that makes me crazy...Would love to see the steelers coach Bill cross the field to kick Grueden's a$$ in an old school farm whoopin'. I think this year will finally be Mike Holmgren's year with the Seahawks...the building is done the time has come. Fave player is probably Brett Favre for obvious reasons. Not quite ready to make my superbowl pic's yet although I've been known to play proline hear and there.

troutman
09-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Dr. Z's SI NFL Predictions:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/maga...main/index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/magazine/08/30/main/index.html)

NE over Seattle in Super Bowl!

La Flames Fan
09-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Wow...Seattle...I like the Seahawks team, but Super Bowl??? That seems a bit of a stretch

Sylvanfan
09-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by BigBCalgary@Sep 3 2004, 04:35 AM
I don't like John Grueden(sp?) Say what you may, just something about him that makes me crazy...Would love to see the steelers coach Bill cross the field to kick Grueden's a$$ in an old school farm whoopin'.
LOL, chalk me up as another guy who absolutely loathes Chucky, and would love to see Cowher beat his ass six feet into the turf.

I can see Seattle being an improved team, and even being good enough to win the NFC West, but getting to the Superbowl?? :o Come on it's the Seahawks!!

Pagal4321
09-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Well another Raider hater here too. Also have never really liked the Redskins, can't say why.
But for the obvious reasons hate the Packers.
I too am like Ro and play Sports Select each and every week of these football seasons. Haven't joined an online betting place, wonder how that would turn out.

Jagger
09-05-2004, 01:36 AM
I've pulled for the Pack for a while now. We didn't see much American Football in England but I bought an Amiga game called "4th and inches" and started out with the Packers and ever since then I've rooted for them. It's easier now that I can actually see their games in Canada.

I hope the Pack can win it all but I'll guess that it's going to a be a team like the Colts.

Don't particually like the Cowboys or Giants.

Mcgavins
09-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Huge Bills fan - it's been hard!!

Strictly out of proximity reasons, I've also become a Seahawks fan and in my opinion (which has never been right for the NFL ;) ) they will hold the Lombardi trophy in February.

RogerWilco
09-05-2004, 09:25 PM
I am a Broncos fan. I lived in Denver for four years and took in about 3-5 games a year live. I had a friend at my work with season tickets way up top. I always snaged an extra ticket when I could. Go Broncos. I am also a Stamps season ticket holder here and always will be win or lose.

Edit for spelling

Super-Rye
09-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Titan's fan. I don't remember when, or why I started liking them, but I know it was before their super bowl appearance.

As for who's gonna win it all? Titans! Air McNair baby!

troutman
09-07-2004, 10:56 AM
ESPN predictions:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview04/ne...tory?id=1873239 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview04/news/story?id=1873239)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

NE vs. PHI Superbowl?

Not many are picking the Colts.

troutman
09-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Sporting News Power Rankings:

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2646222

Broncos #1?

Pagal4321
09-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Can anyone here explain to me why so many people think Seattle has the potential to go to the Super Bowl this year?
I'm just not undersatndin at this point in time.

troutman
09-07-2004, 11:32 AM
SI's NFL writer Peter King's predictions:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writ...mmqb/index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/peter_king/09/03/mmqb/index.html)

SUPER BOWL XXXIX
Broncos 30, Seahawks 13

Pagal4321
09-07-2004, 11:46 AM
Bronco's Seahawks SuperBowl?
I don't see that happening attt ALL!

MJK
09-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Seattle had a solid team all-around. They will be good this year.

I have never really had a favorite NFL team although i have always watched it. 3 years ago when Marc Boerigter became a KC Cheif, I started following them.

It's too bad he keeps getting injured, he is ranked pretty high ontheir depth chart.

troutman
09-07-2004, 11:59 AM
CBS Sportsline Predictions:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7647043

Panelists Prisco Judge Fabiano Bromberg

Superbowl Colts Seahawks Redskins Colts

Power Rankings:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7652074

La Flames Fan
09-07-2004, 04:04 PM
everyone seems to like Minnesota, but personally I think they'll choke under pressure and Randy Moss to play only when he wants to....I wish Green Bay could get a little props...

But Broncos and Seahawks???????? Whodda thunk that? Man, Seattle really has a lot of fans out there in the journalistic world! Broncos???

I see Indy or Patriots, but not those other two.

Pagal4321
09-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Green Bay got props back in the day, they have a aging team and I don't think they made enough off-season moves to counter what everyone else in the division did. I mean they still haven't signed their best CB and I don't think we will ever see him in a B uniform, they didn't upgrade the d-line or even the secondary. I think Green Bay will do worse then people think they will do this year.
But then again that is the opinion of a vikings fan.

La Flames Fan
09-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Agreed Pagal....McKenzie holding out is just assinine and while Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks that ever lived, I'm sad to say he can't do it all himself...Well almost, but not all.

Driver should improve upon last year, Ferguson will do well, Green hopefully has a great season. But the way the NFC looks this year it's going to be an uphill battle.

They didn't make many important moves over the summer, which was disappointing, but they've got a good core and hopefully they can use it for good.

I think they'll make it to the playoffs, but after that, it seems it'll be a toss up----no pun intended.

Pagal4321
09-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Hmmm let's get some predictions going for tonite's game. I still think NE defense is far too dominant. I think Dillion finally gives them a viable option at running bak and they have some great speed and hands in t he receiving corps. But Indy's offense needs no introduction, this will baisically come down to how many times Indy's offense can score. Because Indy's D is weak and might be able to stop NE offense just a few times. That secondary is just brutal.
So I think NE continues the winning streak.......but on pro line, Indy's a 3.10, that was tempting.

calgaryred
09-28-2004, 04:38 PM
I'm not much of an NFL fan. I prefer to watch more local sports within Canda. I will admit I have a soft spot for the Seatle Seahawks. Ialways wish them well.

Eddie Bronze
09-28-2004, 09:05 PM
I'm an Eagles fan myself. Quite happy with the 3-0 start, but waiting for Time BOmb to got off, cuz ya know it's gonna happen!
And since we're picking Super Bowl winners, I'll just let my bias take over and pick Philly. I figure if I'm wrong, no one cares and if I'm right, it'll be fun to rub it in for more than just the fact I was right.

scottie
09-30-2004, 04:04 PM
The year they started showing NHL in the UK was the year the Superbowl was between the Pats and the Bears (with the Fridge). It's mental really that at the beginning of the season, I chose to support New England because (I thought) that was where my mom was from (up-state New York -- Buffalo would have been closest. give me a break -- I was 9 or something) and my brother went for the Bears 'cos he liked the Fridge. How crazy that they both ended up in the final!

Been a Pats fan since.