PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams Ineligible

sbailey924
08-26-2004, 10:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1868537

I agree 100% with Pete Carroll. The NCAA, which claims it is athlete-friendly, took way too long to make this decision (2 days until USC's first game).

This whole thing reminds me of what happened to Donte Stallworth a couple years ago, where he filed to go pro, but later rescinded that declaration, then the NCAA already revoked his amateurism status. Now there's a rule where athletes are allowed to return to school in a similar situation. In this instance, with the court rulings, there won't need to be a new rule.

The NCAA should know better.

JiriHrdina
08-26-2004, 11:15 PM
NCAA is a joke. Frankly I think they do more harm than good.

What are William's options now? CFL maybe? Arena league?

I can't see it being good for him to sit out an entire year. He needs to play somewhere.

sbailey924
08-28-2004, 08:08 AM
The CFL or Arena Leagues aren't options. I don't think he really has any except to work out and wait.

Displaced Flames fan
08-28-2004, 05:10 PM
This and the Jeremy Bloom decision are a freaking travesty.

Mike Williams is not like Maurice Clarett either in that he is an excellent student who was doing the right things academically and wasn't looking at the NFL as a way of getting out of school like Clarett.

I wish there was a way the Broncos could end up with this kid when the '05 draft rolls around, but they're not going to lose the 12 games it's going to take to get him.

Jeremy Bloom can't play football at Colorado because people pay for his ski training. Yeah, that makes sense.