PDA

View Full Version : I can't make long posts

Jiggy_12
08-11-2005, 12:18 AM
For some reason I have been unable to make a lengthy post or a post with a long list. When I click on post, it just gives me an error page.

Any ideas?

photon
08-11-2005, 06:45 AM
How long are you talking about? I'm pretty sure there is a limit to the length of a post, and really long ones would have to be broken up into multiple posts.

Jiggy_12
08-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by photon@Aug 11 2005, 06:45 AM
How long are you talking about? I'm pretty sure there is a limit to the length of a post, and really long ones would have to be broken up into multiple posts.
Not extremely long at all, certainly shorter than posts I have made in the past. I think at abour 400 characters it cuts me off.

photon
08-12-2005, 07:56 AM
Might be something in the content.

Are you copying and pasting from somewhere? Like a web page or Word or something?

Jiggy_12
08-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by photon@Aug 12 2005, 07:56 AM
Might be something in the content.

Are you copying and pasting from somewhere? Like a web page or Word or something?
The first time it happened yes. I was copying the standings from a baseball pool. But I had done that before all the time and it was ok.

Now I try typing it out myself and it still doesn't let me. I'm wondering if it's a certain code it won't let me use? like bold, or italics? If that even makes any sense.

photon
08-15-2005, 11:45 AM
That's really strange. Maybe PM me with more details like where it's coming from and stuff and I can see if I can figure it out.

You can also try pasting it into Notepad first to strip out any weird characters.

photon
08-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Alright, I figured it out.

In the text, there's a string that says:

Carlos Silva (17th) rockstar - Derek Lee (4th)

The tar and hyphen together are part of a unix command and the board software's security is kicking in to ensure that no code can be run to do something bad to the forum.

Took me a while to figure it out :)

Jiggy_12
08-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by photon@Aug 15 2005, 07:13 PM
Alright, I figured it out.

In the text, there's a string that says:

Carlos Silva (17th) rockstar - Derek Lee (4th)

The tar and hyphen together are part of a unix command and the board software's security is kicking in to ensure that no code can be run to do something bad to the forum.

Took me a while to figure it out :)
Haha, wow...that's intricate.

Thanks for your help!

:beer: