PDA

View Full Version : Information to read....

Cheese
08-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Information for the newbies….and refreshers for the mouldies.
(By the way, im not trying to sound demanding or like a dictator here, simply outlining what is needed for the league to work)

- The Watchdog is always ready to bite! If you get an email from the “dog” you have 48 hours to rectify the issue stated. Failure to respond will result in a fine as outlined in the rules.
- The rules clearly state that this league needs your participation. You also agreed to participate when you signed up to play. If you wander away for awhile on holiday, or god forbid, work, let us know you are away. If you choose to just leave and not let us know then chances are highly likely you wont have a team when you get back. Any whining thereafter is just that…whining.
- Please spend at least 5-6 hours a week online on MSN Messenger…you promised you would spend this at minimum. If you don’t. do not be surprised to see a different GMs name on your team.
- Do not at anytime use the message board as a tool to complain. This is again in the rules. If you have any issue please feel free to email cphl1@yahoo.com or catch a commissioner online. Make sure your complaint has substance before complaining. Sometimes a wait of a day or two is better than the whine.
- Sorry we wont re-rate any more players this year. End of story. Oh…no Zubial either…he only has ½ our players and we will not at anytime go through the process of re-entering the other ½ again.
- Nope, we don’t get in your faces here. For those of you who have played in other leagues you will find that all trades are approved in the CPHL, unless it is a blaring miscue or we find collusion amongst GMs. If we find collusion both GMs are gone no questions asked.
- Three quarters of our players are coming into UFA status next year. (All players on 1 year contracts). We have hired 4 Player Agents that you will be able to negotiate deals for some of your coming UFAs. Some will be easy…some not so easy. Prepare excuses for your UFAs now or get left behind.
- IF the NHL Players are locked out this fall we will use the FHL Simulator for injuries until years end, even if they go back before seasons end. No sense in changing half way.
- IF the NHL Players are locked out we are able to use players who are playing in Europe in the CPHL. The ONLY exception are those that were in Europe last year are ineligible. PLEASE check the player before putting him on roster. IF an NHL player files his retirement papers or stes in an article that he is formally retired then he is retired in the CPHL, with no penalty, unless claimed via this years UFA pool. (See the rules).
- Waiver Draft is approaching. Check the rules, plan your attack and get it ready when its called for.
- Get your editor ready now. If you don’t understand something find out now. Better to get wrinkles out before we start the season.
- The Schedule will be released early in September. We play 86 games. Please check the History link.
- Read the FAQs and Rules before asking a question. Sometimes the answer is right there in front of you.
- The league emails and what they are for:
cphl1@yahoo.com - email for anything related to rules or discussion and GM Editor line files. Not for player movement.
cphltrade@yahoo.com - email for all player movement.
cphlufa@yahoo.com - email for all UFA or RFA player requests or movement.
- This is a “free” league run completely on time “volunteered” by four people. Cam on all the Techie stuff and support, Darren on rules and Free agency support, Jeff on site updates and support and myself as the league moderator and site updates. This is NOT a democracy as some may think…what we say and do is it. Saying that though, we are very fair and do allow a lot of latitude and ideas from you the GM. It is what makes us better.

Cheese
08-23-2004, 01:35 PM
another item....

- the website info has the most accurate player info. Remember we change ALL player ages every July 1st whether its their Birthday or not. We do not use the Editor to track ages, salaries, etc. It is purely for lineups and rosters to be used for game simulation.

kermitology
08-23-2004, 06:29 PM
RE: The Watchdog

I keep getting notices about a player who is on my roster who should be on IR. That would be BErtuzzi given his suspention. flambers told me it was fine if I leave him on the roster right now. And I just want to clarify, if Bertuzzi's suspention has not been cleared up prior to the start of a lockout/strike, I believe his status will be changed to active. Is this correct?

Just wanted to clarify that.

Mccree
08-23-2004, 07:05 PM
I think the IR reminder is to remind you to check your IR and ensure that it is up to date. I think everyone get the IR reminder but I could be wrong

JiriHrdina
08-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Yup. Everyone gets the weekly IR reminder. It confused the heck out of me when I first go it too.

icarus
08-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by kermitology@Aug 24 2004, 12:29 AM
And I just want to clarify, if Bertuzzi's suspention has not been cleared up prior to the start of a lockout/strike, I believe his status will be changed to active.
Isn't he suspended indefinitely?

Cheese
08-24-2004, 06:59 AM
First the I.R.

An automated email is sent out every week reminding GMs to check their IR....in the past we had some GMs who thought I.R. meant Inactive Recluse.... :blink:

Players like Bertuzzi, Pavel Bure, Jason Allison, etc etc etc.
We are currently deciding whether these players will be allowed to play in the event of a lockout. If they are long term injured, eg. they didnt play at all last year, then it may be grandfathered typical to a player who was in Europe....or not. It all depends whether there is a strong likelihood that the player in question has a better than even chance that he would play in the NHL this year. Its speculation and its something that the Commissioners will vote on and the decision will rest at that. There is no perfect recipe and we are bound to pee off 50% of the GMs regardless of the direction.

Cheese
08-30-2004, 09:35 AM
bump.