PDA

View Full Version : Newer Downtown High Rise Condo's For Sale

Travis Munroe
10-30-2012, 01:13 AM
I am working on creating a easy way for buyers to view condo's per building. It is in the very early stages and I will continue to add new condo's as time permits. Feel free to put in a suggestion for a condo you would like to see on the list.
Any feedback would be appreciated. I know there are other sources for this online however I have had great feedback for my layout/functionality for browsing properties.

Visit www.tmunroe.com and hover the mouse over Calgary Condo's. Select the building you want and browse available listings.

Bigtime
10-30-2012, 07:11 AM
New condo buildings worth adding:

-Keynote
-arriVa
-Vetro
-Sasso
-Nuera
-Castello
-Vantage Point (ugh)
-Stella/Nova/Luna
-Montana
-Colours
-Union Square
-Waterfront I & II
-Riverfront Pointe I & II

Bigtime
10-30-2012, 08:51 AM
That's a really slick system that makes it nice and easy to browse the units available!

Travis Munroe
10-30-2012, 12:01 PM
New condo buildings worth adding:

-Keynote
-arriVa
-Vetro
-Sasso
-Nuera
-Castello
-Vantage Point (ugh)
-Stella/Nova/Luna
-Montana
-Colours
-Union Square
-Waterfront I & II
-Riverfront Pointe I & II

Working on all of these, have half of them already.

Language
10-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Great layout, looks good so far! Very easy to navigate. Keep up the good work.

woob
10-30-2012, 02:20 PM
I am working on creating a easy way for buyers to view condo's per building. It is in the very early stages and I will continue to add new condo's as time permits. Feel free to put in a suggestion for a condo you would like to see on the list.
Any feedback would be appreciated. I know there are other sources for this online however I have had great feedback for my layout/functionality for browsing properties.

Visit www.tmunroe.com and hover the mouse over Calgary Condo's. Select the building you want and browse available listings.

Just an FYI - no apostrophe in condos. Not meaning to be a dbag but just figure you'd appreciate knowing so you can change the site.

MrCallahan
10-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Agree with the others, this is great! makes it super easy to browse the available suites.

Bill Bumface
10-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Wow. Your site is about 18 billion times better than last time I visited.

This tool is also pretty awesome and differentiates you from all the other Calgary Realtor sites out there. I hope the word spreads and you get yourself a bunch of hits/clients out of this. Also, if I was a prospective client, this demonstrates to me that you are hard working and also forward thinking instead of "here's my crappy $10 template site. Here's my listings"

Tron_fdc
11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Gotta say, I love those DT penthouse condos.

$1500 a month in maintenance fees though? WTF!!!!

Mayo
11-04-2012, 12:17 PM
You should make an archive of floor plans for each building. I don't know why every condo ad doesn't have a floor plan, it's so hard to get a good idea of what a place looks like from pictures. When I was looking for my condo I went to view several units and immediately disliked them simply because of the terrible floor plan. Could have saved a lot of time if realtors would just show the damn plan!

TorqueDog
01-28-2013, 10:11 AM
-Vantage Point (ugh)Okay, so I have to ask, why the ugh? I don't live there (I live in Discovery Pointe myself) but I am kicking around the idea of pursuing this unit (http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=12532077&PidKey=1753734986).

Hack&Lube
01-28-2013, 11:16 AM
Gotta say, I love those DT penthouse condos.

$1500 a month in maintenance fees though? WTF!!!!

It you are paying a couple million for a DT penthouse condo, $1500 a month is probably chump change. Remember that probably also includes downtown underground heated parking ($300-$400 value), utilities (often unlimited water + gas), building amenities (pool? gym?), lounge use, etc.

Travis Munroe
01-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Okay, so I have to ask, why the ugh? I don't live there (I live in Discovery Pointe myself) but I am kicking around the idea of pursuing this unit (http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=12532077&PidKey=1753734986).

Some people cringe when they see "Pointe" due to the developer. They were well known for the wrong reasons. Pointe Of View no longer exists and they started up again under Carlisle Group.
I can say first hand I know the quality is not the same and you get what you pay for. For the most part this is not POV/Carlisle's fault as they are not trying to build "high end condo's".
Every building is different and every building will have its issues regardless of the developer. I own a rental property that was built by POV. The condo was cheap enough and turns a nice enough monthly income that should issues come up I will be prepared to pay for them with the savings on the initial purchase.

It you are paying a couple million for a DT penthouse condo, $1500 a month is probably chump change. Remember that probably also includes downtown underground heated parking ($300-$400 value), utilities (often unlimited water + gas), building amenities (pool? gym?), lounge use, etc.

Don't forget unlimited heat (with most of them as well). People are so quick to jump to complaints about condo fees until you realize that in most cases, they are cheaper than if you didnt have condo fees and had to pay for everything they include on separate bills.

Hack&Lube
01-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Don't forget unlimited heat (with most of them as well). People are so quick to jump to complaints about condo fees until you realize that in most cases, they are cheaper than if you didnt have condo fees and had to pay for everything they include on separate bills.

I'm in that situation and I'm actually coming out on top in terms of what I would have had to pay for downtown parking, gym fees, water, natural gas, heat, concierge services, etc. if I were to pay for that separately.

The other thing with downtown living (if you work downtown) is you save ridiculous amounts of money on gas for your vehicle if you don't need to commute every day.

I'm always trying to get more people to live downtown as increasing the population will also increase the amount of services, shops, and hopefully encourage businesses to not close up every day at 5PM when the office workers leave.