PDA

View Full Version : Ny Times Say Its Time For John Kerry To Clarify

Cowperson
07-29-2004, 02:49 PM
When he accepts the Democratic presidential nomination tonight, John Kerry needs to give the nation a clearer idea of how his choices would have differed from President Bush's - particularly when it comes to the war in Iraq. The nation deserves to be told whether Mr. Kerry would have voted to authorize the invasion if he had known that Saddam Hussein did not have weapons of mass destruction.

Mr. Kerry, as the world already knows, is not a black-and-white kind of thinker, especially when it comes to foreign policy. That's good - it should give voters a real sense of choice this fall, given George Bush's tendency to view the world in absolutes. But it's not an excuse for fudging every issue. Mr. Kerry's history on the critical Iraq question has been impossibly opaque. He voted to authorize Mr. Bush to go to war. He voted against $87 billion to pay for extra costs - after offering an amendment to raise the money by increasing taxes on the wealthy. That produced the infamous explanation, "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it.''

You may have to register to read the rest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/29/opinion/29thu1.html?hp

Cowperson

Displaced Flames fan
07-29-2004, 03:19 PM
No, NO, NO, NO, NO!

It doesn't MATTER how his actions would've differed from George Bush's! All that matters is what his actions will be when he takes off. John Kerry's campaign should not be about George Bush other than differences in what lies ahead.

All we've heard for 6 months is that John Kerry is not George Bush. That's not good enough. I want to know who John Kerry will be as President. Stop talking about GEORGE BUSH!