PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Canada

Barnes
06-13-2012, 08:58 PM
If only I was 10 years younger.

The American version of the global franchise has been a big hit on Canada and for Global, since it began in the summer of 2000, with the 14th season set to premiere this July 12th. Canadians have longed to either have a Canadian version or even to just be allowed to participate in the CBS version.

Williams announced that Shaw had reached a deal with Endemol to launch the first-ever Canadian edition of a worldwide phenomenon that has aired in 25 formats across 87 countries. Insight Productions will co-produce the series that will air on Slice in 2013.

http://blogs.dose.ca/2012/05/31/big-brother-canada-shaw-global-slice/

SebC
06-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Vic Teows will be pleased!

Guest1
06-13-2012, 10:40 PM
I would LOVE to do this!!!!!!!
If it comes down to a vote to be a contestant, I get first dibs on a CP Jihad!!!!

trackercowe
06-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Does Oilfan have any Canadian ties? They seem to want to bring in real fans to this show, and I am not aware of any others more obsessed than him.

albertGQ
06-14-2012, 08:02 AM
I have never missed a BB episode in my life. I'd totally participate!

Ben_in_Canada
06-14-2012, 08:58 AM
LOL. The Aussie version was pretty much shut down by the prime minister a few years ago for morality issues after a 'tea bagging' incident.
that and it had turned to crap after a couple of good seasons.

iggnuef
06-14-2012, 09:41 AM
I have never missed a BB episode in my life. I'd totally participate!

They dont want your type!! You're way too old!!

Nufy
06-14-2012, 09:44 AM
You'll get d-bags from Vancouver and Toronto...Social activists from Montreal, and a redneck or two from Sask, AB...

Maybe an east coaster to get voted out in the first week...

Its all about the drama people...

albertGQ
06-14-2012, 05:40 PM
They dont want your type!! You're way too old!!

I finished 2nd in my playoff hockey pool. I'm pretty sure I'll finish at least 2nd in BB Canada as well

Kybosh
06-14-2012, 06:26 PM
A whole summer of watching people say sorry to one another.

iggnuef
06-15-2012, 11:15 AM
I finished 2nd in my playoff hockey pool. I'm pretty sure I'll finish at least 2nd in BB Canada as well

And what did 2nd place get you? They do need a diverse cultural balance on the show. So you may have a chance!!

4X4
06-15-2012, 11:22 AM
You'll get d-bags from Vancouver and Toronto...Social activists from Montreal, and a redneck or two from Sask, AB...

As long as were going for stereotypes, don't forget to add an inbred idiot from Newfoundland.

Erick Estrada
06-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Is there any doubt that all the steriotypes will be represented?

Alberta: a cowboy and the most offensive redneck person they can find

BC: young granola, asian and/or indian representation

Saskatchewan: Native Indian and/or alcoholic male

Maniboba: no representation unless a stunningly hot woman wows the interviewers

Ontario: Black male hip hop dude, black firecracker female, middling hockey player with a Maple Leafs tattoo, cougar, teacher

Quebec: promiscuous female, raging separatist male, gay male dancer

Maritimes: Newfie brother/sister combination that's supposed to be the secret twist but they mess up on introductions when they both blurt out they work at a gas station in St. Johns

Tron_fdc
06-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Meh. I'm still waiting for Survivor Northern Manitoba. Summer or winter, it really doesn't matter.

Bring on the horseflys!!

albertGQ
06-15-2012, 05:39 PM
And what did 2nd place get you? They do need a diverse cultural balance on the show. So you may have a chance!!

Are you being racist??

MrMastodonFarm
06-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Maritimes: Newfie brother/sister combination that's supposed to be the secret twist but they mess up on introductions when they both blurt out they work at a gas station in St. Johns

lol!

Non-seasonal working Newfies? You hilarious sumabitch.

GreenLantern
06-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Why can't they do this for Survivor.. budget I am assuming.

Erick Estrada
06-16-2012, 12:14 PM

I can't believe Survivor is still on TV. Lost interest in that show after the 3rd or 4th series. At least with Big Brother there is always eye candy for both sexes and low brow entertainment galore.

trackercowe
06-16-2012, 09:29 PM
I can't believe Survivor is still on TV. Lost interest in that show after the 3rd or 4th series. At least with Big Brother there is always eye candy for both sexes and low brow entertainment galore.
I'll take the eye candy on Survivor, thank you very much.

bCbriHG7QII

VANFLAMESFAN
06-25-2012, 02:37 AM

Climate I assume is a big factor. No one watches survivor to see people "survive" the elements. People watch it for the social aspect. To see what strangers will do to each other, how they bond when forced into this new world. A world where you only need to wear a bikini at all times. No one will watch Survivor if they're all wearing parkas or heavy clothing and layers.

GreenLantern
06-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Climate I assume is a big factor. No one watches survivor to see people "survive" the elements. People watch it for the social aspect. To see what strangers will do to each other, how they bond when forced into this new world. A world where you only need to wear a bikini at all times. No one will watch Survivor if they're all wearing parkas or heavy clothing and layers.

Sorry I didn't mean Survivor in Canada, I meant a Survivor where Canadians can apply to be on the show. Lots of countries all over the world have picked the series up (I believe over 40) in some variation.

BlackRedGold25
06-25-2012, 05:53 PM

Climate has nothing to do with it. Plenty of places in Canada that don't need parkas or heavy clothing if they film it in the summer. And they don't have to film it here either. The US version doesn't take place in the US.

It's all about $.

Otsy
08-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Applications are open. Anyone doing this? Entry's have to be in by sometime in October. Can go from being made fun of on the internet to being made fun of on live TV.

Actually I wonder who has more viewers, CalgaryPuck or the Slice Network?

Erick Estrada
08-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Applications are open. Anyone doing this? Entry's have to be in by sometime in October. Can go from being made fun of on the internet to being made fun of on live TV.

Actually I wonder who has more viewers, CalgaryPuck or the Slice Network?

What's the winnings? Honestly part of me would like to apply but I'm not going to miss months of work and family to humiliate myself on TV for the chance at winning $50k - 100k. Has to be at least $250k for it to be worth it.

Otsy
08-03-2012, 12:32 PM
5. One participant will receive the grand prize of CAD$100,000 (subject to change in Producer’s and/or the Broadcaster’s discretion). A weekly stipend will be provided for each participant for each week that he or she remains in the Big Brother Canada House. Stipend payments and prize winnings will not be paid until after the broadcast of the final episode of the show.

albertGQ
08-03-2012, 12:33 PM
They probably haven't disclosed the winning prize yet because its going to be embarrasingly low. Unless, they get tons of sponsors, I would guess maximum $100k.

Parallex
08-03-2012, 02:15 PM
100K? Yuck, I was thinking about maybe applying but the chance to win 100K isn't enough to risk months of wages (and missing my family) for potentially nothing (cause you know the stipend will be crap if the prize is 100K).

Not that I'd have likely been choosen... I'm not a twentysomething, I don't fit a stereotype, have an outlandish personality, or could be considered eye candy to anyone with any standards. :)

Erick Estrada
08-03-2012, 02:28 PM
100K? Yuck, I was thinking about maybe applying but the chance to win 100K isn't enough to risk months of wages (and missing my family) for potentially nothing (cause you know the stipend will be crap if the prize is 100K).

Not that I'd have likely been choosen... I'm not a twentysomething, I don't fit a stereotype, have an outlandish personality, or could be considered eye candy to anyone with any standards. :)

I got a bad feeling when they come through Calgary they will be looking for our finest representation of the stereotypical cowboy redneck.

3 Justin 3
08-03-2012, 02:36 PM
As a 22 year old I will apply and be the biggest redneck I can be.

albertGQ
08-03-2012, 02:49 PM

The $100k is just my personal guess. Who knows, it could be $500k too.

The "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" Canadian edition also gave $1M as a grand prize

Sidney Crosby's Hat
08-03-2012, 04:29 PM
The $100k is just my personal guess. Who knows, it could be $500k too.

The "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" Canadian edition also gave $1M as a grand prize

Post #25 seems to confirm it's $100K though I'm not sure where that's from.

Otsy
08-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Post #25 seems to confirm it's $100K though I'm not sure where that's from.

it's from the rules section on the www.bigbrothercanada.ca (http://www.bigbrothercanada.ca) website.

calgarybornnraised
02-27-2013, 01:56 PM
BUMP - Big Brother Canada starts tonight on Slice anyone else gonna watch.I'm looking for the typical provincial stereotypes.

dammage79
02-27-2013, 02:08 PM
This version is just going to show how much sex canadians really like to have. This could get durty.

albertGQ
02-27-2013, 03:29 PM
I set a series recording for this show and when I looked at it, it shows there are like 5 episodes a day. I'm guessing four of them are just reruns?

dammage79
02-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Probably an after dark thing as well.

calgarybornnraised
02-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Probably an after dark thing as well.

Ya from 12-3 am Calgary time.

Flabbibulin
02-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Just watching now. Seems ok so far but somewhat lame cast selection. All single people in their 20s. I think one girl is married with a family- a little diversity in age, demographics would have been good.

A girl from ft mcmurray(now living in calgary) and 2 edmontonians. No one from Quebec, sask, territories, or manitoba.

The audience cheering track is obvious and kind of annoying.

Deelow
02-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Advantage to the girl from Fort Mac. 15 roommates is normal to her.

ResAlien
02-27-2013, 10:44 PM
My cousin is one of the contestants, not sure I want to figure out a way to watch in the States :bag:

It does explain their FB page randomly deleted a while back.

Oling_Roachinen
02-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Not a fan of the cast so far, but I think I'm going to end up rooting for Peter. He seems like he has the attitude of a grumpy old man, but is going to play the game.

Deegee
02-28-2013, 06:43 AM
That host makes me want to stab my own eye out with a fork. Get rid of the host and show will do okay.

If it's only on slice moving forward, I've already watched the last episode.

Don't mind the grumpy blogger.

GoinAllTheWay
02-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Don't mind the grumpy blogger.

You mean the dood with the glasses who looks like a skinny Clark Kent? Ya, I like him too.

I also like the guy who is a twin. Most of the ladies are quite attractive save the one that answered the phone and that annoying blonde from the Mac.

The extremley flamboyant gay guy is REALLY annoying. Even the other gay guy is annoyed by him. And ya, that host is also really annoying. Hate how she tried to pump things up. Take a cue from Julie and chill out a bit.

Love the house, they did a good job with it. One thing I do wonder about though, how well are they going to cope with basically being inside for 2.5 months? I think that will start to have an affect on some of them.

And I think I've lost my g/f for the next 2.5 months. The live camera feeds are free 24/7.

JerzeeGirl
02-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Hate the host....what is it with Canadian versions of shows being incapable of finding decent hosts (ie. SYTYCD Cda, Top Chef Cda, CNTM, BBCC) - give me someone like Julie Chen over this chick any day!

As for the cast, they had a bit more diversity than I expected to see - I liked the NS Farm Boy & the Social Scientist guy from BC that was all about his abs.

The girls all seem pretty awful at this point.

I am intrigued by the house - there's no real outdoor space....they have a backyard & hot tub area but it's all indoors. Not sure I could handle 77 days without fresh air/sunshine.

Also surprised by the free live feeds....checked those out last night and while they were boring, it was nice to have the option to watch.

GoinAllTheWay
02-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Hate the host....what is it with Canadian versions of shows being incapable of finding decent hosts (ie. SYTYCD Cda, Top Chef Cda, CNTM, BBCC) - give me someone like Julie Chen over this chick any day!

Exactly...and I don't know. It's like watching the Canadian New Years shows, some loser trying to generate artificial excitement and usually fails miserably. We truly do suck at TV. I though that female host of ET Canada was going to be the host. A much better choice IMO.

dammage79
02-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Was not impressed at all with the premiere. The Emotion felt more manufactured than any big brother I've seen. The Host is truly terrible. Production sucked. For the first three minutes of the show the theme music droned out the hosts voice. Sound quality was crap until I switched it to slice. I like the Teacher from Nova Scotia, she is attractive.

One thing this version of Big Brother has over the american version I think is the house itself. Very nice.

I was kind of hoping the hot host from ET Canada Cheryl Hickey would host this show, should've been anyways. Julie Chen set the bar too high lol.

albertGQ
02-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Who should i pick in our BB Canada pool at work?

D to the iddy
02-28-2013, 08:43 PM
I love Big Brother and don't get annoyed at these shows very easily but the host is ruining the show for me. The only thing I can look forward to is that she'll only be on the live eviction shows. Her reactions to each of the votes was almost embarrassing.

This season could be interesting. It seems like they've got some people who will eff some stuff up if they get the chance which is always good for television.

Mass_nerder
02-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Anyone know who got kicked off tonight?

SebC
02-28-2013, 10:26 PM
Not HD. Won't watch.

Minnie
02-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Just watching it now. Cannot stand that chick from East Van that's HOH right now - Suzette. Blech. I wish she was gone already.

Minnie
02-28-2013, 11:42 PM
Anyone know who got kicked off tonight?

Kat was given the boot (http://bigbrothercanada.slice.ca/video/exclusives/?slug=meet-houseguest-kat)

Wise Gamble
02-28-2013, 11:43 PM
Rather wait for the BB US version....this was awful.

Minnie
02-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Yeah, not being in HD sucks and the show is pretty lame. I don't know if I will keep watching.

Hells Bells
03-01-2013, 02:45 AM
I think its decent so far... certainly no worse than the US version has been the last few years.

I'd say the two from NS are my favorites so far... Jillian and Emmett.

As for looks... Jillian and Topaz :wub:

3 Justin 3
03-01-2013, 02:52 AM
Kat was given the boot (http://bigbrothercanada.slice.ca/video/exclusives/?slug=meet-houseguest-kat)

...but dat rack.

:(

On a related note I watched some of the BB After Dark and some of the guests (the Albertans) were talking about the Cadillac Ranch dance and dancing, etc. After the 20th time they said "Cadillac Ranch" I turned it off.

Of all the Albertans you get the redneck Edmontonians/Fort Mac. wtf

Oling_Roachinen
03-01-2013, 04:47 AM
I watched a little bit of After Dark the other night as well. And I'm going to give a little credit to the casters. Like I said, I'm not entirely thrilled by the players but I love the fact that a good majority of them seem to be true Big Brother fans. I'll take person I don't really like who know how to play the game over someone who was hired through an agency any day of the week.

I liked Peter initially, loved his expressions when that girl from Calgary was acting like being handcuffed to him was the worst thing ever. I hated AJ from the first episode, just came off as really sleazy, but I changed my opinion watching him in After Dark, he seems to have a good head for a game like this. And Aneal, wont go so far as to say I'm a fan of his, but I'll give him credit for the glitter.

The women are, however, super meh when it comes to anything other than looks so far.

And anyone else getting reminded of Cammalleri from Tom? Might be the mannerisms with how he talks but for some reason he reminds me of him.

Nufy
03-01-2013, 09:47 AM

Boy I was pretty close...:D

Stay Golden
03-01-2013, 09:55 AM
The host is terrible, i can see the ratings tumble more each week.
1 and done season.

Flacker
03-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Not HD. Won't watch.

This precisely, what year is it Shaw? Slice has no HD channel will ensure this will fail.

You can take your 480i programming and jam it.

Deegee
03-01-2013, 12:27 PM
This precisely, what year is it Shaw? Slice has no HD channel will ensure this will fail.

You can take your 480i programming and jam it.

Almost as bad as paying for SD channels to have the right to buy HD equivalents.

Stay Golden
03-01-2013, 12:32 PM
I watched it on Global HD is it now only going be on that crappy Slice?

albertGQ
03-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Who won HOH?

Hells Bells
03-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Jillian won the HOH.

Guest1
03-05-2013, 05:39 PM
There's some serious hook ups in the house! I think I watched the newfie farmer shag the HOH today on the live feeds. I think there's 3 couples publicly "showing affection". Not sure if the guys are just using the girls for game play or what. And there's something creepy about Andrew that I can't put my finger on.

Hells Bells
03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
There's some serious hook ups in the house! I think I watched the newfie farmer shag the HOH today on the live feeds. I think there's 3 couples publicly "showing affection". Not sure if the guys are just using the girls for game play or what. And there's something creepy about Andrew that I can't put my finger on.

Andrew is the newfie. Jillian and Emmett (the farmer) are both from NS.

I find it funny when the ugly blond girl (Danielle?) keeps saying that Jillian is jealous of her. Jillian has likely taken dumps that look better than Danielle.

GoinAllTheWay
03-06-2013, 10:41 AM
That blonde chick is annoying as hell, I hope she gets evicted next. And she actually said that Jillian is way to into herself. Rich coming from the girl that appears to be obsessed with herself.

Guest1
03-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Andrew is the newfie. Jillian and Emmett (the farmer) are both from NS.

I find it funny when the ugly blond girl (Danielle?) keeps saying that Jillian is jealous of her. Jillian has likely taken dumps that look better than Danielle.

Oops. My bad. I tend to lump all Eastern Canadians together under the term "Newfie". Kind of like I group people from Japan, China, Korea under the term "Asians"

I know it's not right, but I'm just geographically challenged and too lazy to edjumacate myself :bag:

Reneeee
03-14-2013, 12:49 PM
did people just stop watching this? I'm not a huge fan of this viewer involvement to determine veto, wrecks the game IMO. Thus far I think Peter is the most entertaining and Liza is probably a whole lot smarter than she comes off on tv.

Guest1
03-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Just catching up on my PVR... If it weren't for Jokers, I wouldn't know what was happening half the time. The picture of the different all the different alliances helps me with who to cheer for.
Suzette needs to go, glad I don't have to listen to Aneal's fake crying ever again and the girls need to realize that they need to cement their alliance if they are going to make it to the end. The boys will be top three the way it's going now.

Oling_Roachinen
03-15-2013, 06:08 AM
did people just stop watching this? I'm not a huge fan of this viewer involvement to determine veto, wrecks the game IMO. Thus far I think Peter is the most entertaining and Liza is probably a whole lot smarter than she comes off on tv.
Twists like that have always been such bull but I think this one was especially unnecessary.

Tom's a dickhead, he's going to cause problems. Even his right hand man Emmett is tired of his attitude. There's no reason for them to keep Suzette in to fuel Tom. ####, there's no point in keeping in Suzette period. She's an annoying, bitchy, victim with no gameplay or self-awareness. She's probably a nice enough person in real life, but I'd much rather never have to see her again on Big Brother than put up with her playing martyr - and now she's going to have a bloated ego thinking Canada likes her.

There's enough "story" going on that they didn't need to force anything this early and should have let it play out naturally. The 4 dude alliance could shatter thanks to Tom being Tom and Peter wanting Liza. Liza's manipulating the men and bonding with the women. Topaz and Gary aren't completely useless and despite being floaters now AJ and Andrew I believe do know their game. Anneal was laying low, which ended up not helping him at all, but he could have done some damage. The only players in the house that appear to be useless, outside of getting into fights with Tom, are Suzette and Talla.

Oh well, it's obvious they were just trying to get people talking about the twist and don't care too much about the credibility as they've already suckered in idiots like me. And it was almost worth it to see AJ squirm after being so confident.

Edit: And as for Liza being smart, I think the term I would use would be manipulative. She's obviously not afraid of flirting and using her sexuality to get what she wants and does it well. The problem is, she's doing it too openly and with too many men at once. It's going to cause jealousy, which will quickly turn to distrust in a game like this. And the other houseguests see what's happening and wont just let it last. I think it's going to backfire on her, instead of Peter (even if the flirtation is real) and Andrew allying with her, she's going to lose Tom who she had completely wrapped around her finger.

Flamesoholic
03-15-2013, 03:57 PM
So the feeds and After Dark have been shut down/postponed until March 17th as BB investigates allegations of cheating by Thursday night's HOH winner.

As per their twitter feed;

We are addressing last night’s HOH competition. Tune in Sunday night at 9 PM ET/PT to find out what went down. #BBCAN @slice_tv

Big Brother Canada After Dark will not air tonight but will return March 17th at 2 AM ET / 11 PM PT https://www.facebook.com/BigBrotherCA/posts/366764253436575 … #BBAD #BBCAN

I'm still annoyed by that stupid "Powershift-Canada Votes" crap. I want to stab my ears every time the person who was saved opens their horribly annoying mouth.

GoinAllTheWay
03-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Are they saying Emmet cheated? I agree, I think he did too. Pretty sure I saw him carrying a ball in his hand back to where the deposit them. Not sure if that's what they are getting at though.

I didn't mind the Canda veto thing tbh. I think this show has come up with some pretty interesting ways to keep the show entertaining. I was kind of worried at first that BB Canada wouldn't be all that good, but it's turning out to be as every bit entertaining as the American version. I think some of the secret challenges they give to some of the players have been quite good.

Flamesoholic
03-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Are they saying Emmet cheated? I agree, I think he did too. Pretty sure I saw him carrying a ball in his hand back to where the deposit them. Not sure if that's what they are getting at though.

I didn't mind the Canda veto thing tbh. I think this show has come up with some pretty interesting ways to keep the show entertaining. I was kind of worried at first that BB Canada wouldn't be all that good, but it's turning out to be as every bit entertaining as the American version. I think some of the secret challenges they give to some of the players have been quite good.

Yes they are saying he and a few others cheated in the challenge. There's also mention of some failures with a couple of the hives that caused 2 other HGs to lose at no fault of their own. It'll be interesting to see what they are doing about it. Nice to see that BBCan is responding to viewers about this kind of stuff though, not like BBUSA who just kept everyone from talking about it when Frank cheated.

I agree with you about BBCan keeping it interesting. I guess I just have a problem with the twist because it ended up saving someone who drives me insane with the constant whining, valley girl voice and the CONSTANT talk about her fans and such. Drives me nuts.

Well never mind. I just checked the feeds and they are back on.

Oling_Roachinen
03-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Yeah, there was multiple players using their hands well after the warning, including Emmett, but Andrew was particularly screwed. He spent probably close to half the challenge slamming his hive trying to get the balls to fall down when they got stuck twice. He had no chance.

And considering they sorta cheated last HoH when the dudes had agreed to always go A on majority votes prior to the competition I'm not surprised they're looking into it.

Anyone know if anything's going to be done?

Hells Bells
03-16-2013, 01:42 AM
Jillian, Topaz and Liza should form a three-way "ho-mance".

Now that would keep me tuned in for sure.

GoinAllTheWay
03-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Yes they are saying he and a few others cheated in the challenge. There's also mention of some failures with a couple of the hives that caused 2 other HGs to lose at no fault of their own. It'll be interesting to see what they are doing about it. Nice to see that BBCan is responding to viewers about this kind of stuff though, not like BBUSA who just kept everyone from talking about it when Frank cheated.

I agree with you about BBCan keeping it interesting. I guess I just have a problem with the twist because it ended up saving someone who drives me insane with the constant whining, valley girl voice and the CONSTANT talk about her fans and such. Drives me nuts.

Well never mind. I just checked the feeds and they are back on.

Totally agree, I was REALLY hoping she would go home too but I got my wish the week before with Danielle getting the boot. That eviction was everything I was hoping it would be so I'm OK with this week not turning out like I had hoped. Although I do hope it doesn't give her some celebrity complex thinking she's the cats a** because Canada voted to keep her. I'm still kinda stumped about that one though, why the hell did everyone vote to keep her?

Flamesoholic
03-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Totally agree, I was REALLY hoping she would go home too but I got my wish the week before with Danielle getting the boot. That eviction was everything I was hoping it would be so I'm OK with this week not turning out like I had hoped. Although I do hope it doesn't give her some celebrity complex thinking she's the cats a** because Canada voted to keep her. I'm still kinda stumped about that one though, why the hell did everyone vote to keep her?

To piss off Tom is my guess

Hells Bells
03-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Was there a do not save either guest option?

Or did you have to vote to save either Suzette or AJ?... if that was the case, it would make sense because who cares if AJ goes home?

GoinAllTheWay
04-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Was there a do not save either guest option?

Or did you have to vote to save either Suzette or AJ?... if that was the case, it would make sense because who cares if AJ goes home?

Andrew apparently.

Nage Waza
04-09-2013, 11:49 PM
So when Topaz was in the room and they allowed the rest of the house to listen in, that was the worst type of manipulation I have ever seen on a show of this type. I couldn't believe they allowed that to happen. If you want the cast to continue talking, why would they make that happen?

GoinAllTheWay
04-10-2013, 03:47 PM
So when Topaz was in the room and they allowed the rest of the house to listen in, that was the worst type of manipulation I have ever seen on a show of this type. I couldn't believe they allowed that to happen. If you want the cast to continue talking, why would they make that happen?

I was kind of suprised by this as well but it didn't seem to cause her game any permanent damage. She survived the eviction vote.

In the same breath, it was VERY dumb of her to talk out loud. Why, in the BB household, would you do that?

Flamesoholic
04-10-2013, 04:08 PM
I was kind of suprised by this as well but it didn't seem to cause her game any permanent damage. She survived the eviction vote.

In the same breath, it was VERY dumb of her to talk out loud. Why, in the BB household, would you do that?

I think it was because in the American BB the conversations with Julie Chen in the HOH room are always confidential (at least from the other houseguests). This was the first time that a conversation between the host and the HOH was broadcast to the other houseguests. Topaz had no reason at that time to believe they would show her talking to herself to the other guests.
That host chick (who is absolutely brutal if you ask me) was also asking Topaz what she was thinking and so was leading Topaz to explain her thought processes out loud for everyone downstairs to hear. Sure she didn't need to talk to herself as much as she did, but she really had no reason to think that the other guests were listening.

Now I know there's not a lot of integrity in shows like this, but this move really bugged me. As a viewer I know production leads the show down paths they want it to take for the best stories, but this crossed the line in my opinion. I really don't think the US version would ever do this to their guests. This is way too much production interference for my tastes.

Nage Waza
04-12-2013, 06:19 PM
I saw a blinking blue light in the HOH room during Topaz's chat, I wonder if that is a cue in the game?

GoinAllTheWay
04-15-2013, 10:45 AM
So I'm of the opinion that Peter REALLY screwed up last week by not taking Topaz of the block with the POV.

Am I missing something as to why he didnt? Especially with this week showing how basically everyone seems to be against Gilian and Emmet.

D to the iddy
04-15-2013, 11:49 AM
My thought is that because Emmett didn't nominate him, Peter thought he was tight with Emmett/Jillian into the final 3 and didn't want to ruffle any feathers. Who knows what he was actually thinking though.

Oling_Roachinen
04-15-2013, 03:12 PM
My thought is that because Emmett didn't nominate him, Peter thought he was tight with Emmett/Jillian into the final 3 and didn't want to ruffle any feathers. Who knows what he was actually thinking though.

That and he didn't really like or trust Topaz. I think he thought he could play the middle between a Emmett/Jillian vs Andrew/Talla battle going forward but didn't know they had an alliance.

Glad they showed the other houseguests mocking him for making the wrong move. I had high hopes for The Shield but they didn't end up being that great. Hell, most of the big moves they made (or didn't make) looked like it hurt them.

Going after Tom was iffy. As big of an idiot as he was, he didn't really pose a threat to them. In fact he probably keeps his word and they could divide the house while playing both sides. That's a move that might look bad in hindsight, but it's hard to really say how things turn out with him.

But making an alliance with Gary and Topaz only to break it the next week looks bad. Doing so by voting out a "useless" player in AJ and keeping Andrew who right away gunned for them shows they didn't know the house as well as they thought.

Then Alec throwing his competition to Peter made little sense. Would have had a far greater chance of voting out Topaz if it was Peter beside her instead of Alec.

And finally Peter keeping in Andrew over Topaz.

Regulator75
05-02-2013, 09:32 PM
I've seen a lot of stupid things on reality shows, but tonight's finale takes the cake.

Yes, Topaz, you are quite possibly the biggest moron ever.

Guest1
05-02-2013, 10:14 PM
It looked kinda fake. She was either drunk or she wanted J to win and she just didn't want to look bad for G.

GoinAllTheWay
05-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Well that was a very interesting finale. Shame such a good season had to end the way it did. You could feel the awkwardness in the air.

Despite the way it ended, I thought they did a very good job with the show. I was worried it was going to suck but found it to be just as entertaining, if not more so than the American version. Hopefully season 2 goes a little more smoothly.

albertGQ
05-02-2013, 11:42 PM
The producers interfered way too much in BB canada

Nage Waza
05-03-2013, 12:32 AM
I can't stand people at the end who refuse to vote for the person that should win and instead vote simply based on jealousy and venom. Thankfully Topaz was the biggest dummy of them all and messed everything up.

albertGQ
05-03-2013, 12:49 AM
Peter is a bitter sore loser

dammage79
05-03-2013, 01:08 AM
Yeah, Peter took it all far too personally.

All I could do was laugh at Topaz though.

JayP
05-03-2013, 08:36 AM
The producers interfered way too much in BB canada

Yeah it really ruined what otherwise would've been one of the best seasons in awhile.

I hate the idea of bringing back evicted house guests, but to do it after they've been in the jury house for two weeks is completely ridiculous. IIRC, anytime the US Big Brother has brought people back it's before they get the jury house (but are still sequestered). Once people are in jury they're free to discuss every last hidden detail about what's happening in the house openly and it gives that person a massive advantage (along with a two week vacation where everyone else is fighting for their lives).

Good thing Topaz f'ed up or this would've been one of the worst BB winners ever.