PDA

View Full Version : Trans Siberian Orchestra

Traditional_Ale
04-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Okay, who else went?

My mind = effing blown. What a light/lcd/smoke/dry-ice/fire/explosions/projections/holyfreakingeverything show!

Sr. Mints
04-11-2012, 12:46 AM
I didn't even know they were here, but I saw one of their Christmas shows a few years ago--it was great!

Traditional_Ale
04-11-2012, 01:16 AM
It's apparently the largest lightshow/sound-system currently on tour in the world. While I am sure the sound-system wasn't there in the Jubilee tonight, the lights and omfg pyro were. Had no idea one could throw a show like that in the Jube. It was insane. If the music had been better (aside from the deliberate classical music fusion which was awesome) then it would have been a 5/5, but that "lightshow" was something seriously fierce! Especially for a concept show about the death of Beethoven.

Truth be told, I knew nothing about the band but scored free tickets. What a mind-bender!!!

jayswin
04-11-2012, 01:18 AM
It's apparently the largest lightshow/sound-system currently on tour in the world. While I am sure the sound-system wasn't there in the Jubilee tonight, the lights and omfg pyro were. Had no idea one could throw a show like that in the Jube. It was insane. If the music had been as good as NIN then it would have been a 5/5, but that "lightshow" was something seriously fierce! Especially for a concept show about the death of Beethoven.

Truth be told, I knew nothing about the band but scored free tickets. What a mind-bender!!!

Weird, I could have sworn the promos for this show had it at the Saddledome.

Traditional_Ale
04-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Weird, I could have sworn the promos for this show had it at the Saddledome.

Jube really impressed me as a venue tonight. Had no idea it was capable of what just went on.

My ninja-edit wasn't so ninja-like it would seem. ;)

photon
04-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Heh my parents got me tickets to this a while back, they thought it was classical music.

Fortunately I appreciate both kinds of music.

I think there were a few people near me that thought the same as my parents though and were un-pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, I enjoyed the show.

ricosuave
04-11-2012, 09:59 AM
i am disappointed that I missed this

Ashartus
04-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Now I feel even worse that I couldn't go due to other commitments. I enjoy their music (Beethoven and metal guitar just seem to fit together) and had a great time when I went to one of their Christmas concerts a few years ago.

meanmachine13
04-11-2012, 10:22 AM
I saw the show a few years ago and thought it was really good. I am sad I missed it this time around.