PDA

View Full Version : Property Placement on MLS

fundmark19
03-08-2012, 02:04 PM
I have always wondered this. Who chooses where to place a property on MLS map. Is it just done by address and google maps or equivalent drops it into place or do Realtors do it.

Some properties show downtown then have address of New Brighton. Very annoying when you go and try to find a property based on location and then it doesn't show up

Travis Munroe
03-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Very annoying... most of the time it auto populates however it is important for the realtor to double check. Sometimes it asks you to manually place it.
I had a client ask to see a house on the other end of town. After driving there and waiting for 10 min they called saying they couldnt find it. They were Auburn Bay.

fundmark19
03-08-2012, 04:56 PM
I would fire my realtor instantly if they aren't competent enough to place my house properly on a map. It is really something that should be a given.

Travis Munroe
03-08-2012, 06:54 PM
agreed although I think the system might be part to blame as I have had a listing in the past where I had to redo the location 3 times.

Kavvy
03-11-2012, 09:18 AM
agreed although I think the system might be part to blame as I have had a listing in the past where I had to redo the location 3 times.

But you checked it, and re-did it 3 times.

Free Ben Hur!
03-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I've seen some odd balls recently too. There is a home for sale in Springbank that appears on the map in Upper Mount Royal. Second, the neighbourhood of Lakeview (south of Glenmore between 24th and 37th Streets shows as 'Lakeville'.