PDA

View Full Version : Vince Looks Like Hes Back And Ok

flames_1987
07-29-2004, 12:56 PM
As tsn.ca is reporting, VInce Carter seems to be just fine with the Raptors, which ends weeks and weeks of speculation on hes going to NY, he asked to be traded there, now hes going to Dallas.

If this guy can stay healthy the Raps could have a damn good team this year. If they could go after Jamal Maglore, this team could have a good playoff run ahead of them

PG: Alston, Williams
SG: Vince, Morris Peterson
SF: Jalen Rose
PF: Chris Bosh, Marshall
C: Maglore, draft pick with the real weird name.

With this team they could do some damage. Alston had a breakout year and is one of the best young PG's in the league and Vince and Jalen are both superstars. Bosh looks like hes gonna be a really good player as he goes on.

Any basketball fans out there what do you all think?

O_M_A
07-29-2004, 01:04 PM
TSN is reporting that the Raptors and Carter are fine huh? That's funny because Sportsnet and The Score have been reporting that the feud isn't over as Raptor Mgm't is going to fire Peddie. Interesting...

Anyhow, There's a newspaper in New Orleans that is reporting that Carter is just about to be traded to the Hornets.

To New Orleans:
Vince Carter
Jalen Rose

To T.O:
Jamal Maglore
P.J. Brown.

As much as I like Maglore, I wouldn't like this trade one bit if I was a Raptor fan.

calculoso
07-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Wasn't Morris Peterson signed to an offer sheet by someone else? I didn't think the Raptors were going to match it.

browna
07-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Nothing like a trade rumor to a crappy team to smarten a player up.

Patek23
07-29-2004, 06:51 PM
personally I hate all sports Toronto, so I hope that Vince Carter refuses to play and then makes the Raptors get absolutely raped in a horrible trade. but a guy can only dream :unsure:

O_M_A
07-30-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by calculoso@Jul 29 2004, 08:00 PM
Wasn't Morris Peterson signed to an offer sheet by someone else? I didn't think the Raptors were going to match it.
The Hornets signed him to an offer sheet, but TSN was reporting that the Raptors were going to match.

Apparently Peterson was ticked off because he didn't want to be in Toronto. Funny stuff

calculoso
07-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I noticed that (about Peterson).

It's smart from a Raptors perspective, but only if they can give him more floor time or somehow make him feel wanted. There's nothing worse than having a grumpy/moody player bringing down team morale and performing badly because of it.

JiriHrdina
07-30-2004, 02:04 PM
I think Peterson will see more floor time this season if he can show that he can be consistent in a game. The dude catches fire for a few minutes but then vanishes. He's had enough years in the league that he should be a more mature player than he is. I think they had no choice but to match the offer but I also think he would be a guy I like at dealing. Build around Bosch.

Skip2mylou
08-01-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by flames_1987@Jul 29 2004, 06:56 PM
As tsn.ca is reporting, VInce Carter seems to be just fine with the Raptors, which ends weeks and weeks of speculation on hes going to NY, he asked to be traded there, now hes going to Dallas.

If this guy can stay healthy the Raps could have a damn good team this year. If they could go after Jamal Maglore, this team could have a good playoff run ahead of them

PG: Alston, Williams
SG: Vince, Morris Peterson
SF: Jalen Rose
PF: Chris Bosh, Marshall
C: Maglore, draft pick with the real weird name.

With this team they could do some damage. Alston had a breakout year and is one of the best young PG's in the league and Vince and Jalen are both superstars. Bosh looks like hes gonna be a really good player as he goes on.

Any basketball fans out there what do you all think?
Yeah it finally looks like the Raptors are back on track again, I was shocked at how offensively inept they were with a such a talented core of players. I think their main problem was coach Oneil did'nt run the type of offence this team is really suited for. The hiring of Mitchell should rectify this, look for the Raps to play much more of an uptempo game with the emphasis on fast break points. Also with the reacquisition of Rafer Alston they've shored up the point guard position, allowing Jalen Rose to play his natural position as a 2 gaurd.

Considering this team as a contender in the east would be foolish and unrealistic, that said I would'nt be the least bit surprised if the Raptors finished as high 6th in the conference.