07-29-2004, 12:46 PM
What is your favorite Simpson Episode?

hard to think of just one, me thinks.

dirk diggler
07-29-2004, 12:47 PM
The Frank Grimes episode was classic...

MrMastodonFarm
07-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Naming one isn't fair, so I am just going to name the favourites that pop into my head.

Marge vs the Monorail - A classic, written soley by Conan O'Brien. Homer becomes a Monorail conductor with Phil Hartman providing the voice of the slick monorail salesmen. Lenord Nemoy playing himself and saving the day in the end is great.

You only move Twice - This is the one where Homer gets a new job and moves away from Springfield. What a classic episode... the whole hammock scene.. the James Bont character.. great.

Calgary Flames
07-29-2004, 12:51 PM
The one with the Comic book, Radioactive Man #1

habernac
07-29-2004, 12:53 PM
the softball episode with all the MLB ball players or the hockey episode (of course!) where Lisa and Bart play against each other.

dirk diggler
07-29-2004, 12:55 PM
where homer gains weight so he can work at home in his mumu

KevanGuy
07-29-2004, 12:58 PM
"El Viaje de Nuestro Jomer"

No question. Its the Chili Cookoff one with Johnny Cash in it as Homer's spirt guide.

EDIT: Here is a link to askmen.com's Top Ten.

Some funny stuff (http://www.askmen.com/toys/top_10_60/64_top_10_list.html)

MrMastodonFarm
07-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by KevanGuy@Jul 29 2004, 06:58 PM

EDIT: Here is a link to askmen.com's Top Ten.

Some funny stuff (http://www.askmen.com/toys/top_10_60/64_top_10_list.html)
"Behind the Laughter" is a great great Simpsons episode, probably one of the newer ones that is actually laugh out loud funny. It is such a great mock of VH1's behind the music.. classic.

peter12
07-29-2004, 01:03 PM
The one where Lisa becomes a vegetarian is also excellent.

JohnnyO
07-29-2004, 01:05 PM
This one is for you SuperNilson aka Jordon

The Episode when Homer moves in with the 2 G@y guys.

calgaryred
07-29-2004, 02:12 PM
For me it will always be when Bart joins the boy scouts.

Wolfwood
07-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by MrMastodonFarm@Jul 29 2004, 02:51 PM
You only move Twice - This is the one where Homer gets a new job and moves away from Springfield. What a classic episode... the whole hammock scene.. the James Bont character.. great.

This is my favorite one of all time. :D

Next would probably be the softball episode or the flashback episode to where Homer and Marge met. I forget the titles of those though.

the_only_turek_fan
07-29-2004, 02:30 PM
I may be the only one on the planet who does not like this show at all.

dangler22
07-29-2004, 02:45 PM
I like the lisa becomes a vegetarian episode and the bart breaking his leg when they get a pool episode. There are many others but those two pop in to my head right now.

300spartans
07-29-2004, 03:33 PM
It is just so hard so I will name my top 3

Deep Space Homer - Homer gets recruited by NASA, so funny, the rod, the space ants, Homer using a phone, etc.. IN ROD WE TRUST!

Marge vs the Monorail - Conan O'Brien's fav ep (he did write it), the song is damn good and the trek references are classic

Last Exit to Springfield - many fans consider this to be the BEST episode, Lisa needs braces so Homer becomes union president, lots of laughs, the big book of british smiles, dental plan! .. lisa needs braces... dental plan! .. lisa needs braces!

Honourable mentions - Lemon of Troy, Flaming Moe's, Homer the Great (Stonecutters), Bart vs. Australia (International Drainage Commission hahaha!!)

Highly recommended episode guide
http://www.doheth.co.uk/episodeguide.shtml

and some good editorials at
http://www.duffgardens.net/index.php?go=Editorials

octothorp
07-29-2004, 04:00 PM
My favorite is probably 22 Short Films about Springfield. Especially the great scene with Chalmers and Skinner and the 'steamed hams' routine, as well as some other great bits with some of the more obscure characters. And there's the bit with Cletus climbing up a telephone pole: "Hey you know what? I could call my ma while I'm up here. Hey, maw! Get off the dang roof!"

CaptainCrunch
07-29-2004, 04:12 PM
1) The Company Softball team episode. Mr Burns made that episode with his signs alone

2) Homer fights Drederic Tatum.

3) Homer in space (where can I get tang around here)

4) Marge takes on the house of il repute

5) Any of the tree house of terrors (We must kill the boy. Grandpa how did you know that Bart was a Vampire. A VAMPIRE!!!!)

6) The hellfish bonanza

Dirty Mr. Clean
07-30-2004, 03:16 AM
The one when Ned goes back to the Nut House is super funny.