PDA

View Full Version : Bell TV exchanging old HD receivers.

Vulcan
10-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Bell TV is moving over to MPEG 4 on their HD stations, so receivers 9200 and 6100 will no longer be able to work for HD channels.

Bell is doing a free receiver swap for these receivers. If you have a 9200 I would suggest you phone Bell to arrange the swap. They may try to give you a 9241 in exchange, but if you are smart you will hold out for the 9242 which is better in every way. (Has an OTA tuner, will do PIP and operate a second TV).

If you have a 6100 receiver Bell will exchange it for a 6131. This is an upgrade as the 6131 has HDMI out instead of DVI and the 6131 can use an external HD making it a PVR. The only downgrade with the 6131 is that it has no OTA tuner and the remote is not UHF but you can ask for a remote kit.

You can wait for a letter from Bell but I suggest you don't wait if you want a 9242 as a replacement. When you phone, if they ask you if you have received your letter, say yes.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=146515

Ryan Coke
10-28-2011, 06:10 PM
And when they ask if you output to 2 TV's, also say yes---then they are supposed to give you the 9242 instead of the 9241.

Got mine coming in the next few days.

Vulcan
10-28-2011, 06:35 PM
One other thing, don't buy any 9200 or 6100 receivers as Bell won't activate them as they will soon be obsolete. There could be a glut of these on the market as people realize what is happening and some subscribers are being told to keep these old receivers and decide to make a quick buck.

Draug
10-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks Vulcan! You saved my bacon.

I need to get the 9242 to replace all my 9200's, so I am very grateful for the heads up. Since I pretty much stick to CP these days for all my worldy updates, I likely would have missed the chance to get in on this while there were 9242's left.

Kipper is King
10-29-2011, 07:07 PM
My Bell HD reciever says 6131 on the front. Is the model # elsewhere?

ken0042
10-29-2011, 08:00 PM
That is your model number; so you already have what they are swapping people into.

The only receiver I have that will be affected is my 6100- nice to have the PVR option on it now.

TurnedTheCorner
10-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Generally when it comes to MPEG 4 and providers - do we know if the intent is to use the superior compression to offer more channels, or to offer higher quality picture/audio? Have any of them indicated anything one way or the other? I know Shaw, for example, offers Centre Ice and Sunday Ticket only over MPEG 4 channels, but the other HD channels are available on old receivers. With the transition already happening for Bell and inevitable for other providers, what will consumers see coming from it?

Vulcan
10-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Well Bell has recently added 5 HD channels in MPEG 4, that can't be seen on the old receivers. These aren't must have channels by any means. Mostly CTV2 channels in Halifax, Montreal, Victoria,Winnipeg, as well as a station in Hamilton but it could be that Bell adds more HD channels and improves the picture quality. Right now I'm mostly happy with the picture quality on Bell since they went to 8PSK, but it hasn't always been so.

The official story for Bell moving to MPEG 4 is that they have to add 43 new SD channels by next summer that I believe the CRTC ordered them to. I think Shaw Satellite is in the same boat.

Vulcan
11-02-2011, 08:20 PM
It seems that those requesting a 9242 receiver are often getting a 9241. Bell claims it's just a mix up by inefficient CSRs. Anyways if you get sent the 9241, I hear the best thing to do is not accept the delivery and get on the phone.

If anyone wants to check on what receiver they have coming, check this link.

https://secureo.bell.ca/mybell/vucar...ewAccount.page

What I had to do was go to this link and sign in and than go to it again with the same link.

Okay that isn't working. Use the link, sign in and click on 'change my pin'. After that click on 'Manage My Account'.

TurnedTheCorner
11-02-2011, 08:22 PM
"Those requesting a 9242 are often getting a 9241..."? Or is this alarming because Bell is efficiently responding to its customers? ;)

sparky69
11-02-2011, 08:25 PM
i just called yesterday and the two 9200 that I own, they are sending my two 9242 to keep and I also get to keep the 9200. the 9200 that i rent, they are exchanging it for an 9242. when you call them, you have to make sure you tell them that you are using your 9200 for two tv, then they well sent you an 9242

edit: I guess i will find out when they sent me the new receivers

Vulcan
11-02-2011, 08:30 PM
"Those requesting a 9242 are often getting a 9241..."? Or is this alarming because Bell is efficiently responding to its customers? ;)

Yeah a typo, thanks and I edited it so it makes sense.

Vulcan
11-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Well I picked up my 6131 today that replaces my old 6100, I already have a 9242. What I liked is that I didn't have to phone BEll to get it working. After you set it up, you sign in to Bell and click synchronize programming (on the right side of page), say yes and follow the instructions. My programming came on line in about 15 minutes.

T@T
11-04-2011, 03:56 AM
How do you do the exchange? take your old recievers to a bell store or do the mail them to you?

[Edit] I have 6 recievers, one 9200,four 6100's and an old 4200 in the kids room...will the 4200 still work?

Vulcan
11-04-2011, 12:33 PM
How do you do the exchange? take your old recievers to a bell store or do the mail them to you?

[Edit] I have 6 recievers, one 9200,four 6100's and an old 4200 in the kids room...will the 4200 still work?

Your 9200 and your 6100s will be exchanged. You can either wait for a letter or phone Bell before the 9242s are gone. Bell will send out new receivers to you via Canada Post or Purolater. For the 9200 you will get a 9242 or a 9241 and for the 6100s you will get 6131s.

It seems Bell doesn't want your old receivers back and suggests you dispose of them. I don't know how long they will be active but by next summer they won't work for HD anymore.

Draug
11-04-2011, 04:09 PM
I just used the Bell Chat to initiate my receiver exchange. I now have, in writing, that I'll be getting two 9242's to replace my two 9200's. Hopefully they come correctly.

Thanks again Vulcan.

zarrell
11-05-2011, 11:43 AM
I've tried with 2 different CSR's and they both straight up told me they don't have any 9242's to give out. Just the 9241's. What gives?

ken0042
11-05-2011, 11:51 AM
When were you calling? If you call during the week late morning you have a much better chance of getting a Canadian CSR. My other trick; if you can pull it off- press "2" for Frech, and then make no attempt to hide your English accent. Most of the French speaking CSRs speak pretty good english.

When they ask, tell them you find the French speaking CSRs much nicer to deal with.

I have only tried that last on once.

psicodude
11-08-2011, 07:28 PM
I just called tonight and got a 9242, although the CSR girl told me they had less than 100 left. She told me they get them in shipments of a few hundred at a time, so they go pretty quick.

I think it should be mentioned that Bell is doing a really good job of handling this, IMO. I was literally on hold for zero seconds and the entire thing was hassle free. The CSR floated the idea of sending me a 9141 and a 5000 something, but when I said I don't want that junk she just laughed....sort of like she knew that I knew what the score was.

TorqueDog
11-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Shaw Direct has a similar trade-in offer for those wanting to upgrade from the old StarChoice receivers.

Traded in my HDDSR-505 for an HDDSR-600 for $49.

Hilch
11-18-2011, 07:23 PM
One thing that sucks is that if the receiver is not on your account they will not replace it. I had taken a 9200 off my account when I moved into my new place with the hopes to hook it up when my renos were done in the garage, turns out it is just a very large paper weight now. It would have been nice to get a letter or email or something to tell me this was happening.

Vulcan
11-18-2011, 11:50 PM
That's bad news Hilch.
Just for a future heads up there is usually no need to take a receiver off your account unless it is no longer working as we are allowed 6 receivers and there are no extra charges.

In good news I got my UHF remote kit that I had requested from Bell with my 6131. I thought I would have to call them back a few times. Good work Bell, I'm almost starting to trust you a bit.

On an aside, I got a phone call from Shaw today. I currently have Shaw extreme high speed internet and they are offering me TV and extreme speed for $39/mo for a year. A savings, I think of $18/mo. So unless it was a crank call I'll be getting a Shaw HD box to go along with my 3 or 4 Bell HD boxes. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with it.

Draug
11-19-2011, 03:17 AM
I just used the Bell Chat to initiate my receiver exchange. I now have, in writing, that I'll be getting two 9242's to replace my two 9200's. Hopefully they come correctly.

Thanks again Vulcan.

And, in a big suprise, Bell screwed up.

They sent me a 9242 as a replacement, but they sent only one. They didnt send anything else to replace the other receiver..... sigh. I wonder how many tries it will take them to get the other receiver properly replaced.

Vulcan
11-19-2011, 04:01 AM
And, in a big suprise, Bell screwed up.

They sent me a 9242 as a replacement, but they sent only one. They didnt send anything else to replace the other receiver..... sigh. I wonder how many tries it will take them to get the other receiver properly replaced.

Did you check the Bell site to see your hardware listing? It could be that the missing receiver is listed on your account but it's still in transit. Of course, if it's not, it's back to talking to Bell.

To find the receivers listed on your account, go to Bell, sign in and click on 'change my pin'. After that click on 'Manage My Account'.

psicodude
11-19-2011, 07:39 PM
I just called tonight and got a 9242, although the CSR girl told me they had less than 100 left. She told me they get them in shipments of a few hundred at a time, so they go pretty quick.

I think it should be mentioned that Bell is doing a really good job of handling this, IMO. I was literally on hold for zero seconds and the entire thing was hassle free. The CSR floated the idea of sending me a 9141 and a 5000 something, but when I said I don't want that junk she just laughed....sort of like she knew that I knew what the score was.

Yup, they screwed mine up as well. They sent me a 9241.

Sigh...

Hilch
11-22-2011, 02:58 PM
That's bad news Hilch.
Just for a future heads up there is usually no need to take a receiver off your account unless it is no longer working as we are allowed 6 receivers and there are no extra charges.

After posting I thought about it and I had actually never put that receiver on my account. Long story short I bought a 9200 just before the 9242 came out, they wouldn't let me return the 9200 so I bought a 9242 and left the 9200 off the account with the hopes of putting it else where when the renos were complete.

But it all worked out a CPer PM'd me and he told me what to do to get it fixed and they are replacing that 9200 with a 9242 at no extra cost. :D Now I guess the next thing will be if they send the right equipment, I was pretty adament that it was the 9242 not the 9241 so fingers are crossed.

I noticed they don't sell the 9242 on the website, are they producing them just for this swap or did they just have a huge abundance of them? Seems weird they wouldn't sell them anymore as most say this is the best receiver on the market with any company.

Rathji
11-22-2011, 03:33 PM
I noticed they don't sell the 9242 on the website, are they producing them just for this swap or did they just have a huge abundance of them? Seems weird they wouldn't sell them anymore as most say this is the best receiver on the market with any company.

Not to start a war over it, but that was true a year+ ago before Shaw and Telus released new boxes. Now I doubt it is. The Bell box, which I use frequently, is not nearly as good feature wise compared to the Gateway System and the Optik TV system. The fact that you need to watch the same thing on both TVs is ridiculous plus you need to manually move things to the HDD expander.

Unless there is some other redeeming quality of the 9242 that I have missed, I cannot see a justification for it to be considered the best receiver any longer.

Don't get me wrong, it is still a good box and when it was released it was no doubt the best box you could get, but it is several years old in a market where both competitors have just leapfrogged it.

Vulcan
11-22-2011, 04:58 PM
The fact that you need to watch the same thing on both TVs is ridiculous

That depends on how you set it up. In single mode you have PIP options and in dual mode you can watch separate programming on a second TV.

Don't get me wrong, it is still a good box and when it was released it was no doubt the best box you could get, but it is several years old in a market where both competitors have just leapfrogged it.

Could be and probably is true but I've become attached to it. Bell does have a new box (9252) in the wings but they've been testing it for a year or so with VIP customers and still haven't brought it to market, so I'm not sure when it will be offered to the general public.

Unless there is some other redeeming quality of the 9242 that I have missed, I cannot see a justification for it to be considered the best receiver any longer.

The other quality is that it has a third tuner, so you can watch and record OTA programming. One other thing is that it is very reliable and just works with few glitches.

From what I've heard the reason it was discontinued was so that there was less time CSRs had to take in dealing with a technically ignorant public in setting up the second TV,and don't forget the training Bell had to do with their technically ignorant CSRs.

Rathji
11-22-2011, 05:04 PM
That depends on how you set it up. In single mode you have PIP options and in dual mode you can watch separate programming on a second TV.

The other quality is that it has a third tuner, so you can watch and record OTA programming. One other thing is that it is very reliable and just works with few glitches.

Amazing how the tech who installed my mom's didn't know about that one. Is switching to dual mode something that is easy to do? I know whenever there are any number of people at her house, there is always a disagreement with the kids not wanting to watch whatever I am.

Interesting to hear about the OTA tuner though, I might just have to test that next time I am at my mom's.

Hilch
11-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Amazing how the tech who installed my mom's didn't know about that one. Is switching to dual mode something that is easy to do? I know whenever there are any number of people at her house, there is always a disagreement with the kids not wanting to watch whatever I am.

It is very easy to do, I can't remember off the top of my how to do it but it was just in the Menu options. Not surprised the tech didn't know about this as they know very little about the equipment. A tech was actually the reason I ended up with this extra 9200 because he told me it would work for the external hard drive, went and bought it but nope just the 9242.

And ya wasn't trying to start a war about which one was the best receiver. I just kept reading it was the "most powerful on the market" but maybe they were old articles.

One other thing is that it is very reliable and just works with few glitches.

Speaking of reliability one of my 9242's the hard drive went in it, could I open up one of these 9200's and swap the hard drive out? Or are they different equipment? It works fine besides the PVR part of it but it's annoying watching like TV.

Vulcan
11-22-2011, 05:42 PM

Interesting to hear about the OTA tuner though, I might just have to test that next time I am at my mom's.

For dual mode, press menu, 6 for system set up and 2 for shared mode. From there you are on your own as I like my PIP and ability to swap tuners. For other TVs I have other receivers.

To set up the OTA tuner, you'll need some type of antennae than press menu, 6 for system set up, 9 for local channels and then scan.

Vulcan
11-22-2011, 05:58 PM
It is very easy to do, I can't remember off the top of my how to do it but it was just in the Menu options. Not surprised the tech didn't know about this as they know very little about the equipment. A tech was actually the reason I ended up with this extra 9200 because he told me it would work for the external hard drive, went and bought it but nope just the 9242.

And ya wasn't trying to start a war about which one was the best receiver. I just kept reading it was the "most powerful on the market" but maybe they were old articles.

Speaking of reliability one of my 9242's the hard drive went in it, could I open up one of these 9200's and swap the hard drive out? Or are they different equipment? It works fine besides the PVR part of it but it's annoying watching like TV.

Yeah, I've heard you can swap out the hard drives from the 9200. What I did was pick up a spare Hard drive from Newegg for $50 bucks. The thing is it is very hard to find a compatible hard drives for the Bell PVRs as they have to be an exact number match and they are no longer made. Go to Digital Home Canada for more info.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58

The other thing you can do is subscribe to dish care and wait a couple of weeks and phone BEll telling them that your receiver has gone tits up. They will replace it for free. If you don't have dish care, Bell will replace your 9242 for $150.

ken0042
11-22-2011, 06:49 PM
So did all of you guys get calls and or letters from Bell? Or did any of you call in? I haven't heard anything yet which is why I am wondering.

Also, did they indicate a timeline to have to return the old receiver? I know when they replaced a 9242 under warranty for me I only had 30 days to return it, and I missed the deadline and had to deal with being charged and then having the charge refunded. (Which did go well considering it was Bell.)

I'm just doing a 6100 to 6131 swap so I am not in a hurry; just with Christmas and everything I could see it taking me longer to get things done.

Vulcan
11-22-2011, 07:05 PM
So did all of you guys get calls and or letters from Bell? Or did any of you call in? I haven't heard anything yet which is why I am wondering.

Also, did they indicate a timeline to have to return the old receiver? I know when they replaced a 9242 under warranty for me I only had 30 days to return it, and I missed the deadline and had to deal with being charged and then having the charge refunded. (Which did go well considering it was Bell.)

I'm just doing a 6100 to 6131 swap so I am not in a hurry; just with Christmas and everything I could see it taking me longer to get things done.

I phoned in and got my letter the same day I got my new 6131. I got my UHF kit a couple of weeks later. You have to request the kit if you want it.

They don't seem to want the old receivers back and suggest you dispose of them at a proper location. My 6100 still works but I don't know if and when they will deactivate it. If they don't it will still be good as a SD receiver and the 9200s will work as an OTA and SD PVR.

Hilch
11-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I've heard you can swap out the hard drives from the 9200. What I did was pick up a spare Hard drive from Newegg for $50 bucks. The thing is it is very hard to find a compatible hard drives for the Bell PVRs as they have to be an exact number match and they are no longer made. Go to Digital Home Canada for more info.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58

The other thing you can do is subscribe to dish care and wait a couple of weeks and phone BEll telling them that your receiver has gone tits up. They will replace it for free. If you don't have dish care, Bell will replace your 9242 for $150.

Sorry but what do you mean by exact number match?

I already called them about the broken 9242 so I doubt I can get away with adding the Dish Care for that receiver. $150 really isn't that bad considering the regular price of these things. What would be a good price to buy a 9242 used or even new from someone?

Hilch
11-22-2011, 07:29 PM

They told me that they sent out a letter with my invoice but I never got one. I just happened to be phoning in about the PVR not working on my 9242 when the rep told me about the swap going on with the 9200's. I was not pleased to find out about my one receiver not being elibiligle but glad it got sorted out. Bell had become more customer friendly in the past 2 years or so.

Vulcan
11-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Sorry but what do you mean by exact number match?

I already called them about the broken 9242 so I doubt I can get away with adding the Dish Care for that receiver. $150 really isn't that bad considering the regular price of these things. What would be a good price to buy a 9242 used or even new from someone?

Here is the current list of supported drives in the 9242:
Hitachi HDT722525DLAT80
Hitachi HCP725025GLA380
Hitachi HCP725025GLAT80
Hitachi HCP725032GLA380
Hitachi HCP725050GLA380
Hitachi HCS5C1032CLA382
Hitachi HCS5C1050CLA382
Hitachi HCS5C3225SLA380
Hitachi HCS5C3232SLA380
Hitachi HCS725025VLAT80
Hitachi HCS725032VLA380
Hitachi HCS725050VLA380
Hitachi HCT721010SLA360
Hitachi HCT721016SLA380
Hitachi HDS721616PLAT80
Hitachi HCS5C1010CLA382
Maxtor 4A250J0
Maxtor 4R120L0
Maxtor 4R160L0
Maxtor 5A250J0
Maxtor 6L120P0
Maxtor 6L160P0
Maxtor 6L250R0
Maxtor 6L250S0
Maxtor 6L320S0
Maxtor 7Y250M0
Maxtor 7Y250P0
SAMSUNG HA250JC
SAMSUNG HA500LJ
SAMSUNG HA501IJ
SAMSUNG HD502HI
SAMSUNG HD503HI
SAMSUNG HD105SI
SAMSUNG SP1243N
SAMSUNG SP1644N
SAMSUNG SV1203N
SAMSUNG SV1604E
Seagate ST31000335CS
Seagate ST3120025ACE
Seagate ST3120213ACE
Seagate ST3160022ACE
Seagate ST3160023AS
Seagate ST3160212ACE
Seagate ST3160215ACE
Seagate ST31000424CS
Seagate ST3250310CS
Seagate ST3250312CS
Seagate ST3250820ACE
Seagate ST3250820SCE
Seagate ST3250823ACE
Seagate ST3250823SCE
Seagate ST3320310CS
Seagate ST3320311CS
Seagate ST3320820SCE
Seagate ST3320832SCE
Seagate ST3500312CS
Seagate ST3500321CS
Seagate ST3500830SCE
WDC WD10EAVS-57
WDC WD1200JB-57REA0
WDC WD1600AAJB-57
WDC WD1600AVVS-57
WDC WD1600JB-57REA0
WDC WD2500AAJB-57
WDC WD2500AAJS-57
WDC WD2500AVVS-57
WDC WD2500JB-55GVA1
WDC WD2500JB-57GVA1
WDC WD2500JB-57GVC0
WDC WD2500JB-57REA0
WDC WD2500JD-55HBB1
WDC WD2500JD-57HBB1
WDC WD2500JD-57HBC0
WDC WD2500JS-57MHB1
WDC WD3200AAJS-57
WDC WD3200JS-57PDB0
WDC WD5000AAJS-57
WDC WD5000AAVS-57

They can't be close, they have to be an exact number match.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=103462&page=4

I got the "Recertified" Seagate Pipeline HD ST3500312CS 500GB from Newegg a month or so ago. I paid about $50 for it and am keeping it for when the hard drive in my 9242 dies. Right now hard drives are way over priced so you may be better off swapping in the hard drive from an old 9200 or paying the $150 to Bell.

Used 9242s aren't cheap but can be found on ebay, kiji etc.

Hilch
11-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Used 9242s aren't cheap but can be found on ebay, kiji etc.

Only reason I ask is because before this swap I was going to go to all streaming and downloading for my TV as I was getting tired of paying for when 99% of the things I watch can be found for free elsewhere. Was thinking of selling my 3-9200's and 1-9242 (before it crapped out) but now that I have 4-9242's, 3 which will be brand new I could sell them and buy a better computer to hook up to my TV. Just wasn't sure what a fair price is for them or if it's even worth it now.

Pilsner12
11-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Took care of mine tonight online and was told that I would be receiving the 9242. Have a soft and hard copy of the conversation.

Ryan Coke
11-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Ken, I called in before I got the letter. If they ask, just say yes you got it. And they don't want the old receiver back.

Also, I understand that the 9200 ( and I assume the 6100) won't work for even SD satellite, it will be taken off your account. The only thing you can do with it is use it to watch your old recordings, and as an OTA PVR. Too bad, I need an SD only PVR.

psicodude
11-23-2011, 12:39 AM

I got my letter sent registered mail and had to pick it up at the local post office. No, seriously. Seems a little overboard, but I suppose they are just covering their ass when they inevitably cutoff service to several thousand people. I got it about 2 weeks ago.

05-01-2012, 02:15 PM
We just got a letter through express post and will be receiving a 6131 next week.

Flacker
05-05-2012, 02:32 PM
We just got a letter through express post and will be receiving a 6131 next week.

6131 is a good little receiver, buy yourself a good 500GB or 1TB and it can be a ghetto, single tuner PVR as well.

1_Flames_Fan
05-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Can anyone explain how to get a 9200 replaced if it isn't on my account? Like another guy I had one that I removed from my account a while back cause I wasn't using it and they said they won't replace it. Any help would be appreciated.

Vulcan
05-05-2012, 06:36 PM
6131 is a good little receiver, buy yourself a good 500GB or 1TB and it can be a ghetto, single tuner PVR as well.

The Bell receivers will take up to 2TB hard drives. There are some limitations on the external hard drives though. They have to be able to be electrically plugged in and they shouldn't be able to go into sleep mode, also 7200rpm is suggested.

Vulcan
05-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Can anyone explain how to get a 9200 replaced if it isn't on my account? Like another guy I had one that I removed from my account a while back cause I wasn't using it and they said they won't replace it. Any help would be appreciated.

That is strange, I've tried to get an old non working 4700 receiver taken off my account for a few years but it's still there. All I can suggest is to keep calling to get a different representative or call to cancel, explain your situation and see what they will do for you. I've heard of them renting out 9241s and refunding the rental fee on a rent to own basis, so it's basically free.

T@T
05-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Is the 9200 being used by someone else? they will only replace receivers with ones they can "shut off"

Draug
05-06-2012, 01:14 AM
The Bell receivers will take up to 2TB hard drives. There are some limitations on the external hard drives though. They have to be able to be electrically plugged in and they shouldn't be able to go into sleep mode, also 7200rpm is suggested.

I've been using an old 500gb 7200 seagate external drive and it works pretty good. The only downside is it sometimes needs to be unplugged then plugged back in to keep the archiving working well. But, it's full now.

Would a USB stick work by chance?

Vulcan
05-06-2012, 02:56 AM
A USB stick is unpowered, so I don't see it working. Here's the facts on the external hard drives.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=100773

Hilch
05-08-2012, 02:02 PM
My buddy said they are out of 9242's when he tried to get his old 9200 replaced. Said they would only send him a the single tuner model. He was not impressed!

sparky69
05-08-2012, 02:46 PM
My buddy said they are out of 9242's when he tried to get his old 9200 replaced. Said they would only send him a the single tuner model. He was not impressed!

tell him to call again and again until he gets one. make sure that he tells them that he uses the 9200 for two TV's

Hilch
05-08-2012, 03:33 PM
tell him to call again and again until he gets one. make sure that he tells them that he uses the 9200 for two TV's

He said that he did and they said it was discontinued and they gave away all their stock. I told him to fight for 2x9241 or get a 9241+regular receiver and Bell wouldn't go for it.

Vulcan
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
He said that he did and they said it was discontinued and they gave away all their stock. I told him to fight for 2x9241 or get a 9241+regular receiver and Bell wouldn't go for it.

They were doing the 9241 and a SD PVR (5900?) as an alternative to the 9242. Surprising Bell won't do that.

Hilch
05-08-2012, 06:56 PM
They were doing the 9241 and a SD PVR (5900?) as an alternative to the 9242. Surprising Bell won't do that.

I told him to keep trying til he got the answer he wanted. Just like an big company you are going to have different experiences.